Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Alwyn Talbot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2008   #31
Great !
can't wait to see more

Your beast make me think very much about an entry Pascal Blanché made a long while ago one a contest called "beast of burden"... he didn't finish it, but the concepts were really good. you should look at it if you can find it in archives. you will be surprised (or my mind make me remember weird things....)

Old 03 March 2008   #32
Wink

Quote: just got to work out who the alien chick is now

Michelle Rodriguez? Would make a fine alien temptress with an attitude. Just an idea.

DOMINANCE WAR IV

DOMINANCE WAR V

Old 03 March 2008   #33
awsome progress!,nice creature designi llike how the orangy clouds stands out against the purplish sky,keep it coming mate

Old 04 April 2008   #34
Great art Neubius. Like the style. If this helps, mix the clouds more - they seem too bubbly. And how abt, her thumb is up, tryin to get a ride?

Old 04 April 2008   #35
I liked the immigration control idea, but this one works as well. good luck to you.

Old 04 April 2008   #36
yay

scala > thanks man! loving your entry !!!

sasquatch70 > that's good to hear - generally it's my compositions that let me down, ta!

morganvillette > cheers dude, really enjoying myself !
Klasz > Ah! i love his stuff. i'll go looking for that now, thanks man

GaeasHerald > perfect! nice one

MichaelZHsee > cheers, i just want to work on it all day now, pesky job getting in the way. haha.

Dragneye > thanks man, this is the first time i've attempted clouds with this level of detail, having a bit of trouble , but it's all part of the fun. going to look at a load of old school painting to see how they are usually handled. updates soon hopefully

Pearlyking > cool cheers. yeah i was thinking that idea was considerably deeper, but it didn't really have the visual kick, if you know what i mean.

many thanks folks!

A

Old 04 April 2008   #37
Dragneye > ah! hitch hiking, i didn't think of that
i'll try it out.

Old 04 April 2008   #38
Work In Progress: new character

ok, done a few tweaks, added a few details. and i think this works ( enough for now ) as the frame for the female character. ....just need to design her outfit...

i'm thinking maybe in the 70's sci fi theme that she could be blue ! .. bad idea ? :/ haha i'll see how it looks :)

A

Old 04 April 2008   #39
Hi, really like your last idea! The color palette echoes well with the concept, keep it up!

Old 04 April 2008   #40
Donglu-LittleFish > hey thank you, i wasn't sure if i'd gone a lilttle over the top with sky. glad you think it works

Klasz > hey dude, been searching for that pascal pic with no luck so far. is it in his portfolio ?
A

Old 04 April 2008   #41
Klasz > hey dude, been searching for that pascal pic with no luck so far. is it in his portfolio ?

Unfortunately not... he never completed his entry to this challenge... so i guess he never finished the pic. Perhaps it's too old to be found in the contest archives. if you send him a pm, perhaps he'll be gentle enough to show it to you. it could be interesting..

Good luckk

Last edited by Klasz : 04 April 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Old 04 April 2008   #42
Work In Progress: detail

just working in to the details.

need to reaserch for the second character...

Old 04 April 2008   #44
oh cool, thank mate

Old 04 April 2008   #45
nice palette!

and man! he looks like vin diesel!

waiting for the new images!

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

Thread Closed share thread