Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Dimitrij Marufow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Work In Progress: More work on the background

Sorry uploaded the wrong image - can I somehow delete it?

I've changed from "Landscape" to "Portrait" and done more work on the background as you can see.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Work In Progress: More work on the background

Changed from landscape orientation to portrait and done more work on the background.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Looking very very good. I am envious of your background and excellent eye for colour.

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by Nekomouse: Looking very very good. I am envious of your background and excellent eye for colour.

Thank you! As for my sense for colour - it's based mostly on intuition.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by KU2GUN: Concept is good but your drawing style even better.
Background seems not bad but you must think about the far mountains again i think.
Best wishes.

Thank you KU2GUN! I don't think that I have a style as such yet - I still have so much to learn and to develop my skills. I wasn't happy with the mountains myself as a matter of fact - but it's all work in progress. The aspect ratio is also bothering me still.

Cheers,

Dimitri.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Work In Progress: More work on the Background

I wanted to add something alien to the landscape as well as a bit of sharpness. So this is what it looks like.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Nice landscape, coming along well. I'll be interested to see how the characters fit in there. Keep up the good work!

03 March 2008
I like to new additions. They give the eye something to focus on, but I suppose you will have to becareful where you place the figures to keep the composition balanced.

03 March 2008
oh my oh my that background is breathtaking! lovely colors!

03 March 2008
Work In Progress: Yet more work on the background

Done some more work on the background. Will be moving on to the foreground soon.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Thanks a lot for your comments Baron, Nekomouse and Pegahoul!

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Work In Progress: Working on the Foreground

Started the work on the foreground. There's still lots of work and corrections to do but you can see where I'm heading now.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Cool

Gorgeous ethereal work already.. the deep purples reds/browns etc are my favourites in any palette.

as a point of interest..if at any time you find there is too much going on, I wonder if blurring the background would help to draw attention to your characters..I remember seeing the artwork for the landscape develop earlier and had this thought back then..In anycase seems to be going swell so far.

Bests

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Last edited by LightSovereign : 03 March 2008 at 01:22 AM. Reason: deep

03 March 2008
Work In Progress: Details

I've decided to post this so that one can see the details better.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by LightSovereign: Gorgeous ethereal work already.. the deep purples reds/browns etc are my favourites in any palette.

as a point of interest..if at any time you find there is too much going on, I wonder if blurring the background would help to draw attention to your characters..I remember seeing the artwork for the landscape develop earlier and had this thought back then..In anycase seems to be going swell so far.

Bests

Marley

Thanks for your comment Marley! Talking about ethereal - your work is really ethereal - very original and fascinating style you have! You should add the one with the bird and fish to your portfolio - it looks great.

As for my painting - I've decided that less is more - so to say. I'll not include the other aliens into the painting - I feel that it would be overloaded if I would. Maybe I should call it something like "Contact" or "New friend" or whatever... the thought behind it being that accidentally two explorers from different civilisations meet on an alien planet for the first time.

Cheers,

Dimitri.

Uplift Universe

Gnothi seauton

Thread Closed share thread