DMIII - Team Poster Thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2008
Just ask to Fred by email

fredh [at] dominancewar dot com
He helped me to solve this problem resently

04 April 2008
thank you!

Dominance WAR III

04 April 2008
wiFLP
You can check if you post is submitted or write to FredH.

http://www.gameartisans.org/contest...nt/2d-list.html

As i see you are out of this list, write to Fred

DW3
my smears

04 April 2008
Originally Posted by Alex Novo: wiFLP
You can check if you post is submitted or write to FredH.

http://www.gameartisans.org/contest...nt/2d-list.html

As i see you are out of this list, write to Fred

Where did you find this? If I go to the page and click on the team, it says blah blah blah announcement blah for the 15th blah. So I copied your link and changed the 2d to 3d and it pulled up the list. If you delete the "/2d-list.html" part, it says the announcement is postponed until the 17th. WTF? Am I doing something wrong? Well at least I'm on the list.

*** Just noticed the latest post about the lists.... ummm, nevermind.***

04 April 2008
Firerbert
On good guy show it to me on ru cgtalk.
Its interesting but there are still no any announcment and etc. very strange.

DW3
my smears

04 April 2008
Thanks for the support, i'm in.

Dominance WAR III

04 April 2008
Arrow

yeah whoever takes care of announcements has a small delay on bringing them out of GA :P

I worked my ass off for this comp, it better not start screwing up. Main page of DW still shows the deadline of April 12th...alrighttt it's not that hard to edit it and say: News coming soon! because unless I check GA to me this competition seems dead, right when it should be more exciting!

Time for poster renders I guess (again, this was announced like 5 days ago in GA)...

04 April 2008
Originally Posted by DDS:
I worked my ass off for this comp, it better not start screwing up. Main page of DW still shows the deadline of April 12th...alrighttt it's not that hard to edit it and say: News coming soon! because unless I check GA to me this competition seems dead, right when it should be more exciting!

Agreed. The 5 day countdown ticker never even started up. Ummmm, what? What's even more aggrivating is that they make it very, very clear, underlined bold text, that you have a week to notify them if your name is not on the list. Wellllllllllllllllll who saw the list? GA? yes. CGS? ummm, kinda, through desperate inquiring channels.
I was hoping it would get really exciting this week as well. I know it will take some time for the judging process. I know I wouldn't want to sift through all the entries and rate them. Time-con-sum-ing! I hope they update the comp page a little better in the days to come.

04 April 2008
Let's just wait, i suppose there are more then 500 final entires, i dont think its so easy to make all neccesary adjustmens for some guys there, its hard work, so let will be patient

DW3
my smears

04 April 2008
wth..the gameartisans forum page shows the deadline for poster submission is April 16th..there is no mention of this on this forum or on the main dominance war page

http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/...read.php?t=3189

please can someone get the deadline for poster submission??

̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\=(̪)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

04 April 2008
http://www.gameartisans.org/contest...ment/index.html

DW3
my smears

04 April 2008
so is 20th april the deadline for team poster and wallpaper...or is it still 16th april...which for me has already gone by :(

̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\=(̪)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

04 April 2008
just to be clear, i never received emails or announcements from the DMIII guys. i learned of the poster thing from someone on this forum [same as the deadline extension]...

while i tired to help out as much as possible, i was never getting any news and or updates from the DMIII people.

next year, they need to keep all the moderators that are working for all the different forums in the loop. something like a weekly email or something. and also, i couldn't edit anything on the DMIII site. so if you guys needed something fixed, i had to ask Fred to fix it for me [which is just another step, but took longer].

sorry guy, which everything went a little smoother.

04 April 2008
No need for apologies here heavyness
I can't speak for everyone, but you have been a great moderator in my opinion. You have been more than helpful on some important questions I had and a great supporter of all us here during this comp. Just as you've stated, you did all you could do and the rest is up to them. I think we could all agree here that it should go smoother next year, but we are talking about people with regular jobs and lives of their own putting in their personal time to make all this possible. I may make my frustrations known, but I understand the reality of it all. Don't fret man!

04 April 2008
I concur. I want to extend my gratitude towards Heavyness as well. I'm sure it was a huge undertaking and very difficult to organize for Fred. At least the next one should go a lot smoother.

reply share thread