DWIII - 2D - Buckminster076 Kierkeguard

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2008
DWIII - 2D - Buckminster076 Kierkeguard

I've been looking forward to this challenge. Looks to be a lot of fun!

-I.

Last edited by Buckminster076 : 02 February 2008 at 09:38 AM.

02 February 2008
Working on brainstorming sketches now and have hammered out my character's origin:

Name: Kierkeguard
Race: Human
Class: Clericon
Artifact Weapon: Two-handed long sword - Air/Lightning

Kierkeguard's home land unexpectedly became the host to a wormhole, sacked by invading metal creatures, and her birth family kidnapped. She was then saved and raised by an ancient-magical race that was dying out due to the fading effects of the "ultimate weapon". Due to their impending extinction they wanted to pass on their magical knowledge, so they entrusted Kierkeguard with their treasured heirloom(an Artifact sword). That heirloom was a holy object to them, but because of Kierkeguard's flesh and blood form, she is able to unlock it's vast Artifact powers. The ancient-magical race trained her as a Clericon, and before thier time was up, they entrusted her to noble nomads. So, Keirkeguard has issues and can become quite angsty!

She now serves as a type of uber-powerful combat medic. She typically flies up to a wounded ally, uses powerful hurricane strength winds to push enemies back, and has lighting attacks for defense, as she heals her teammates. Another of her signature moves is to use strong winds to pin an enemy up against a wall/ground while she uses a spell, from her artifact , to dramatically reduce their defense which enables her teammates to attack and decimate.

She travels with different war units, through various wormholes, as a combat healer and uses the expansive travel through different worlds to search for her original family, fight for her planet, and get revenge against the metal creatures!

-I.

Last edited by Buckminster076 : 02 February 2008 at 09:38 AM.

02 February 2008
nice story...
hope to see the first scetches soon!
all the best

02 February 2008
I second the cool story, can't wait for sketches!

02 February 2008
Gune and System404 - Thanks for the encouragement. Any feedback on the sketches is appreciated.

Here's my first batch of brainstorm sketches. Now that I've got a rough direction I'm going to step back and focus on silhouette value.
-I.

Last edited by Buckminster076 : 02 February 2008 at 05:27 AM.

02 February 2008
yeah, cool story.

That is one sexy sketch!
First small thing that caught my eye is that her sword handle is a bit too thin.
I love the hair in the full body sketch, also the hair on the tiny thumb.
An idea is to give her a staff (also for whacking ) instead of a sword.
That could emphasize her being a healer type.

02 February 2008
looking good so far bro!

02 February 2008
Looking good, lots of energy! I like the cool cylindrical hip pack thing she has.
I'd push the air lightning theme a bit more. Add more whispyness to her armor, and whether you go with a staff or a sword... make it look less heavy. Think of a slim maneuverable Chinese sword rather than a rigid broadsword.

-Vin

02 February 2008
I adore your style and her design! Can't wait to see it finished! Excellent

02 February 2008
really great!!! only crit is the frontal looking head is a bit to much man like, just my opinion... but the rest looking really promising!!

02 February 2008
not much to say from me, the story is nice and the character is looking good. Overall its appealing and fun!

02 February 2008
lovely drawing u have there especially her face expression.

Dominance war III-->my entry

02 February 2008
Nice concept, I like the details. The head dress is really cute, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

02 February 2008
Man, I wish we could model off of concepts! This is reminding me a bit of Frezzato's work on the Maser series. If you aren't familiar, you should be. Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

03 March 2008
Smile

Another great stuff in CGtalk
looking forward to your update

-DW3-

Thread Closed share thread