Dominance War III - info thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2008   #61
Well, their servers are dead for me now. Hope it isn't anything major...

[edit]
Nevermind, just the GameArtisans.com contest page is dead. Looks like the main page and forum are working fine.

Old 02 February 2008   #62
sites back up, nothing new though

Old 02 February 2008   #63
Looks like the members at CGTalk.ru are biding their time working on some cool insignias and logos for their team. Seems like a good idea to spend my morning sketching...

http://www.cgtalk.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=19217

Old 02 February 2008   #64
Well, the site appears to be back up but still no brief. I was hoping the site being down was due to a flood of traffic after an update... still

Old 02 February 2008   #65
inneractive: Shouldn't we be doing that too? I'm in on that... maybe start a thread?

Old 02 February 2008   #66
I'm not sure if CGTalk is planning on doing that this year. Last year I was on the CGChat team and we made a logo.

Old 02 February 2008   #67
I cant stand this, the timer is gone, it suposed to be started and im sitting here refreshing the page. lol..

Old 02 February 2008   #68
Originally Posted by inneractive: I'm not sure if CGTalk is planning on doing that this year. Last year I was on the CGChat team and we made a logo.

Speaking of CGChat. Have you been there recently? What's going on there?*

*Sorry bout being off topic and if it's inappropriate to ask.

Last edited by TonyEdwards : 02 February 2008 at 04:38 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #69
things to do while waiting for dominace war to start.

1- watch blackadder on dvd and refreshing the dominace war page every time baldrick has a cunning plan
2- put blue paint on your face to make yourself look angry and agressive.

Old 02 February 2008   #70
Yeah I don't know. Seems like most everyone migrated to GameArtisans.org. FredH used to be a moderator at CGChat before starting up the new site. I have been spending most of my internet time here, so this year I'm with you guys

I'm definitely making the finish line this year! Last year about half-way through the comp I was contacted by Simutronics to do a world building art test and had to drop out, but my schedule is clear this year.

Old 02 February 2008   #71
Some pople are waiting for the brief, before they choose forum and I think thats abit lame, should be a side picking before the brief... but I'm just being picky I guess.

Old 02 February 2008   #72
Some of us are using our dom war chars for our reel. I'd like mine to fit as well as possible with my 2 other reel characters. That's why I'm waiting for a theme before picking.

Old 02 February 2008   #73
I'm not sure that it's too lame. I mean, I think it adds on an element of fun to the whole thing. Because there are so many different forums competing it's like now people have up to 9 different options of what they want to put there heart and soul into creating. The competition is set up for people to learn from each other and really have a great time doing it (I think, lol). But this is my first War so I might be missing something about the whole "loyalty to your forum" thing.

In the end though, I suppose it really doesn't matter sense I'm not rolling with any one else but the CGsociety crew (woot!). I kinda like the added anticipation of "Wow so I wonder what details will be be delegated to us specifically!"

Old 02 February 2008   #74
Well, I'm not attacking anyone for doing this, but it would more fun if it was a surprise. An it is good to be able to handle surprises too if I'm going to be working as a concept artist or something else that line. You never now whats coming next. I'm sticking with CGsociety, don't care what they throw at me, if I can't handle it then I'm not ready for real work. Thats my plan, and hope I survive, haha.

Old 02 February 2008   #75
Originally Posted by mxdirector: things to do while waiting for dominace war to start.

1- Laundry (so when the brief is announced my wife won't have reason to nag me)
2- Deny urge to put off doing laundry to play WoW
3- Deny urge to play WoW instead of doing practice sculpting

Originally Posted by Imagolith: Some pople are waiting for the brief, before they choose forum and I think thats abit lame, should be a side picking before the brief... but I'm just being picky I guess.

I'm sorta doing this. Unless another forum gets a theme I'd rather work on I'm sticking with CGTalk. Kinda for what SOuNDSNC said, since I want this to go in my reel/portfolio.

reply share thread