Dominance War III - info thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2008   #46
probably they are adding a little bit - element of surprise and anticipation.

i would like to join too!

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

Old 02 February 2008   #47
Can't help but notice those links below ur name go to some creationism lectures, Can't help but think a bit less of you for that!

Old 02 February 2008   #48
This really sux.

Old 02 February 2008   #49
Originally Posted by CoNSeptiC: Can't help but notice those links below ur name go to some creationism lectures, Can't help but think a bit less of you for that!

did u mum ( i say mum bc i see your in the uk) ever say if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all?

Old 02 February 2008   #50
Sorry guy's my own oppinionated rage was slipping out will keep it to myself from now on!!

Old 02 February 2008   #51
damn cant wait !

Old 02 February 2008   #52
If I want to enter the dominance war competition, do I need to sign up anywhere?
Or being a member of this website is good enough to participate on behalf of CG Society?

Thanks.

Old 02 February 2008   #53
You need to register at http://www.gameartisans.org/dominancewar/en/index.htm Then you link the profile you create there to one that you use here, it all sounds a bit strange i know but thee will apparently be further instructions once it all kicks off.

For now though just follow the link above and register

Old 02 February 2008   #54
Quote: Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNSeptiC
Can't help but notice those links below ur name go to some creationism lectures, Can't help but think a bit less of you for that!

did u mum ( i say mum bc i see your in the uk) ever say if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all?

well...if people where always only told nice things and negatives about what they put out in the open....the world would be a dangerous place

however on a more relavant note, ....=_= the site is down now......atleast...it's changed....so that must be a good sign.....

Old 02 February 2008   #55
Yeah just noticed that, I think war is about to break out.

Old 02 February 2008   #56
Originally Posted by dale22x: however on a more relavant note, ....=_= the site is down now......atleast...it's changed....so that must be a good sign.....

Or bad because servers are down due to site being hammered...

Last edited by TonyEdwards : 02 February 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #57
Same thing last year

I had the same thing last year I didn't even get to enter my finished project because their servers were down that day. You would think that they would expect there to be this many people wanting to join a competition like this. *Growls*

Old 02 February 2008   #58
Fred usually puts up most of the prize moneys and stuff himself. I know those comments about him staring at the sun south of the border was a joke but I just figured I'd point out that it wouldn't make much sense for him to put as much time/effort as he does into the competition(gathering sponsers/his personal prize contributions/etc) just to take it all back.

And for those who havn't entered the previous two years....get ready for stuff like this haha. Despite being an awesome competition and everyone getting really into it and stuff the technical side is usually lackluster. There's always entry system problems, web site problems, deadline problems, extensions, etc...

...just thought I'd try and through some calm out there...

but...lets see that brief already!! jeesh!!

Old 02 February 2008   #59
Hey, Thanks for the heads up. The suspense is killing me. And considering I haven't participated in the previous two, I have no idea what to expect.
I guess it's only natural for something like this with so many participants to encounter problems along the way.
But still!! So excited!! Can't wait ^_^

Old 02 February 2008   #60
yeh iv been waiting since my timer ran out some 12 hours ago lol... i need a topic curse you!!!

reply share thread