Dominance War III - info thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2008   #16
I've never seen this before so i'll ask a very newbie-like question: "How do i enter?".

Old 02 February 2008   #17
Originally Posted by amrgets: what is dominance war ?

it's a bunch of online forums battling it out to create the best art. more here...
http://www.gameartisans.org/dominan...about/index.htm

Originally Posted by danb: I've never seen this before so i'll ask a very newbie-like question: "How do i enter?".

as of right now, you can not enter DMIII... it's just been announced. soon, the forums over at the DMIII site will open and you will register there. then you will create a thread on cgsociety and link both accounts [really easy to do, nothing to hard].

Old 02 February 2008   #18
Originally Posted by heavyness: as of right now, you can not enter DMIII... it's just been announced. soon, the forums over at the DMIII site will open and you will register there. then you will create a thread on cgsociety and link both accounts [really easy to do, nothing to hard].

Ok thank you.

Old 02 February 2008   #19
So what do we speculate the theme will be?

Old 02 February 2008   #20
Going by the splash image on the front page I'm thinking it could be a fantasy theme with magic, swords and shields etc, not robots, cyborgs and guns. Think LOTR/Warhammer/WOW. Plus Blizzard is a big sponsor for it. Just my idea anyway

Old 02 February 2008   #21
Unhappy

So close hope they don't randomly delay. I guess they're making us wait till the day it starts for the briefs eh?

Old 02 February 2008   #22
How to register in Dominance War III?

Old 02 February 2008   #23
Originally Posted by XPOM: How to register in Dominance War III?
currently iirc all you need to do is register at the GameArtisans.Org forum, and the same account will be usable in the war.

Old 02 February 2008   #24
Whats with the countdown on the gameartisan's site its still saying 14 hours to go, when I looked yesterday it said 8 hours!?!

Whats with the delay?

Will there be more delays?

Is the countdown just broken?

Am I asking too many questions?

Old 02 February 2008   #25
Ok the organiser over at gameartisans has confirmed an extra day stuck onto the time but has given no clear indication of the why-for's. I think he was just teasing with the origianl kick off date, probably got roped into some valentines day based shannanigans, where as i for one had locked my girlfriend away in a dark room just so i could wait, un-nagged, with baited breath, for the GOD DAMNED BRIEF!!

Anyhoo, meltdown over, 14 hours to go (again)

Old 02 February 2008   #26
I can't wait.

I'm looking forward to it.

It should be fun.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Old 02 February 2008   #27
Unhappy

Seriously! I was up all night, trying to pass the time, cleaning out my hard drive and here we are with another odd countdown change. I have lost faith in the counter...

And now I have to balance DW time with freelance project time. Oh the world is so cruel!

Old 02 February 2008   #28
Originally Posted by wild_brendan: So what do we speculate the theme will be?

I'm hoping some sort of fantasy world/ tolkienesque/ Frank Frazetta/ WoW/ LOTR Kinda thing.

The medival fantasy genre has been the real winner over the last year or so in games what with WoW, Assassin's Creed, witcher etc.

But its gonna be strange as to how they further subdivide the spec among the many different forums. Last year they only split it three ways for the different communities this time there are 9. Are they gonna split it down by the RPG race/class divisions, different character types allegiances?

I suppose we'll have to wait and find out in 7 hours 50 minutes and I'm probably completely wrong but that would be cool, I'm sure whatever they come up with will be sweet!

DW ROX

Old 02 February 2008   #29
I suspect you are right, the past two have been sci-fi so maybe it's time to change it up a little.

Anyway, I'm ready... been working hard the past month to up my skills for this event. Looking forward to getting started. Let's do this!

Old 02 February 2008   #30
Originally Posted by BritBrit: Seriously! I was up all night, trying to pass the time, cleaning out my hard drive and here we are with another odd countdown change. I have lost faith in the counter...

And now I have to balance DW time with freelance project time. Oh the world is so cruel!

I mentioned is the first DMIII thread that i "didn't have anything to do in Feb", so i was excited to get started with a clear schedule, but it looks like this will be going well into March. Thats a busy month for me...I feel your pain BritBrit.

i thought about staying up for the release at midnight, but after reading everyones posts...i'm glad i got some sleep.

DWIV

reply share thread