DWIII - 3D - Dmonk - Stalker

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Some work on the body and still trying to figure out the clothes.

DWIII Entry

03 March 2008
Hey thats a nice concept. I like your idea of him as stalker, he can run fast and jump very quickly, Cool. How about no clothes but adding fur with alpha planes. And some light armour. Nice progress All the best

My art blog

03 March 2008
awesome! i cant wait to see the armor! you should give him claws like The Berenstain Bears.

03 March 2008
Thanks for the comments guys. I ditched the shirt already and started on some light armor. The Bow will have seeds embedded in it that act as a power source and the arrows will have seeds in the tips that implant and grow vegetation in various ways when the strike. The fur will be strict textures with maybe a few alpha planes if I can get them to look right. The base will be a cross section of a tree (for now).

DWIII Entry

03 March 2008
great concepts man, like your style a lot. The model is getting great too, can't wait to see finished!
cheers

03 March 2008
Thanks Bloodtaster! Here's the outfit switched up a bit.

DWIII Entry

03 March 2008
Happy birthday Dmonk..! Yeah, i can imagine having kids can make it hard if not impossible to commit to any cg challenges. I really like what you've got so far. As far as crits go, wouldn't invest much time in the definition of the anatomy, looking at the comic book(very Mike Mignola/Hellboy style btw.), it's very basic shape with some fur and simple armour(not overtly muscled), about the armour, maybe add a cape (to make it more dynamic when posed) and some sort of straps/sandals around the feet, the tip of the ears could be a bit more pointy as well, otherwise really nice work Dmonk.
Finally recieved my new system, damn..it's fast as hell. I'm still interested to do a fight club challenge anytime over at the tweak forums, but first things first..! LOL Take care man.

Last edited by Justame2002 : 03 March 2008 at 03:01 PM.

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by Justame2002: Happy birthday Dmonk..! Yeah, i can imagine having kids can make it hard if not impossible to commit to any cg challenges. I really like what you've got so far. As far as crits go, wouldn't invest much time in the definition of the anatomy, looking at the comic book(very Mike Mignola/Hellboy style btw.), it's very basic shape with some fur and simple armour(not overtly muscled), about the armour, maybe add a cape (to make it more dynamic when posed) and some sort of straps/sandals around the feet, the tip of the ears could be a bit more pointy as well, otherwise really nice work Dmonk.
Finally recieved my new system, damn..it's fast as hell. I'm still interested to do a fight club challenge anytime over at the tweak forums, but first things first..! LOL Take care man.

Thanks.

I sneak in time here and there on this, sometimes she even sits with me at my desk and "helps", she into slamming her hands on my new keyboard.

I might add a cape of sorts when all is said and done, I still have tris left in the budget. The ears will get fix they just sort of rounded out when I upped the smoothing level in Mudbox for sculpting.

I have a crap load of ideas for fight clubs over on tweak, but like you said, first things first.

DWIII Entry

03 March 2008
Interesting idea with this one… you don’t usually see many mouse warriors. I like what you have so far. Are you still experimenting with dif looks or have you settled for the archer variant?

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by tonykidd237: Interesting idea with this one… you don’t usually see many mouse warriors. I like what you have so far. Are you still experimenting with dif looks or have you settled for the archer variant?

I'm sticking with the archer for the sake of time. Like I said I only get to sneeak in some time on this every once in a while with my 5 month old, wife and full time job competing for time. I thought it would be cool to go in a different direction with this, but there are some truly outstanding entries so far.

DWIII Entry

03 March 2008
nice progress !...the character reminds me danger mouse..good stuff !

̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪•)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

03 March 2008
nice update man! looking foward to see your progress on the outfit details, keep it up!
cheers

03 March 2008
Sorry guys, but it's time to unleash my secret weapon.

DWIII Entry

04 April 2008
Haha i love your concept.

Just a small suggestion ... you could make the legs a littlebit stronger/wider and more muscular in their apperiance.

As to your secret weapons ... Congratulation ... what a cute one ... i got a similar secret weapon since January 15th 2008

Ah before i forget ... another suggestion:
Don't let them play too much with your equipment ... because you will never get your hands on when they grew up

-
time is passing by...

04 April 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread