share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
lifeofillusion
3D Animator

~Anirudh Bhalotia~
Student
Animation Mentor Fall 2007
Mumbai, India

Send a message via MSN to lifeofillusion Send a message via Yahoo to lifeofillusion
Siggraph Asia 2008 in Singapore

It may be a bit early to talk about this, since just last month Siggraph US happened and people are still enjoying the memories of it...

just curious...any Student Volunteers here who are on for Siggraph Asia 2008 in Singapore?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
sivasketch
Siva

portfolio
siva kumar
Talent Acquisition
DreamWorks Dedicated Unit, India
Bangalore, India

Send a message via Yahoo to sivasketch
Hi Anirudh,

Me and vinay also got the opportunity to work as a student volunteer at siggraph asia 2008.

Cheers
Siva

Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
lifeofillusion
3D Animator

~Anirudh Bhalotia~
Student
Mumbai, India

Send a message via MSN to lifeofillusion Send a message via Yahoo to lifeofillusion
oh tats fantastic..it will be great catching up with fellow AM'ers...

i had messaged u on orkut also...u dont check orkut nowdays ?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
sivasketch
Siva

portfolio
siva kumar
Talent Acquisition
DreamWorks Dedicated Unit, India
Bangalore, India

Send a message via Yahoo to sivasketch
Hi Anirudh, I do check scraps, i might have accidentally missed your message.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
simpo
Veteran
portfolio
Pern Chong Sim
Singapore, Singapore

May i know when is Siggraph asia? I am from Singapore.

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
JeremyK
Slave

portfolio
Jeremy Kenisky
Geomedia
San Antonio, USA

December 10th!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #7
simpo
Veteran
portfolio
Pern Chong Sim
Singapore, Singapore

Thanks for the date info !!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
lifeofillusion
3D Animator

~Anirudh Bhalotia~
Student
Mumbai, India

Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 AM   #9
JCork
Know-it-All

portfolio
Josh Corken
Freelance Designer
Indianapolis, USA

Hey guys,

I will also be traveling to Singapore to be a student volunteer! I am so excited and cannot wait for it. I have never been that far away from the states, so I'm psyched! Anyone have previous experience in Singapore? What to do or not to do there?

I look forward to meeting you all there!

-Josh

Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #10
raylistic
Still in the mood
Raymond Chua
Singapore

Send a message via ICQ to raylistic Send a message via MSN to raylistic Send a message via Yahoo to raylistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCork
Hey guys,

I will also be traveling to Singapore to be a student volunteer! I am so excited and cannot wait for it. I have never been that far away from the states, so I'm psyched! Anyone have previous experience in Singapore? What to do or not to do there?

I look forward to meeting you all there!

-Josh

Hi Josh, Singapore is a fine country, you will be amazed when you arrived. I am not boasting but we are clean, lots of good food and friendly people. Most of us speaks english, so if you get lost, just ask around. But being a fine country, we are also known for strict laws. Chewing Gums is still banned in singapore, cigarettes are way expensive here. No point bringing in boxes of cigarettes as we tax as them alot as well. Singapore has a diverse culture, we are mainly dominated by 4 races: chinese, malays, indians and eurasians. Therefore, you can find a lot of difference type of cusines here, experience different culture heritage. Hmm, what else do you wish to know? Yes, we have stores like those in US if you need Starbucks or Spinelli. =p If you need to know more, do let me know or drop me a message/email.

-Ray

Last edited by raylistic : 09-22-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
JCork
Know-it-All

portfolio
Josh Corken
Freelance Designer
Indianapolis, USA

Ray,

Thank you so much for the information. It sounds like a wonderful country. I have asked the chair in my school and he said it was an amazing country! I also have a co-worker who lived there for 8 weeks and just loved it, so from what I hear, I should be really excited, which I am!

I have heard of the strict laws. I don't smoke, do drugs, chew gum or plan to bring any explicit material into the country, so I think I'm set on that front. Haha!

One things I have heard mixed feelings on are the beaches. Some people say they are really nice and others say the ports are ruined by the heavy traffic of ships coming in and out. I guess I would believe you first considering you live there. What are your thoughts on that? Should I pack my swim trunks? Haha!

Also, are you planning on going to SIGGRAPH in December?

-Josh

Old 09-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
raylistic
Still in the mood
Raymond Chua
Singapore

Send a message via ICQ to raylistic Send a message via MSN to raylistic Send a message via Yahoo to raylistic
Bring your swimwear along mate, if you want to i can bring you to the beaches. Yes, I am going and I am helping in the post party! Make sure you go for the party! I am blocking out a whole week of leave for that week so should be fun! Drop me a msg here or an email. Hope to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCork
Ray,

Thank you so much for the information. It sounds like a wonderful country. I have asked the chair in my school and he said it was an amazing country! I also have a co-worker who lived there for 8 weeks and just loved it, so from what I hear, I should be really excited, which I am!

I have heard of the strict laws. I don't smoke, do drugs, chew gum or plan to bring any explicit material into the country, so I think I'm set on that front. Haha!

One things I have heard mixed feelings on are the beaches. Some people say they are really nice and others say the ports are ruined by the heavy traffic of ships coming in and out. I guess I would believe you first considering you live there. What are your thoughts on that? Should I pack my swim trunks? Haha!

Also, are you planning on going to SIGGRAPH in December?

-Josh

Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #13
JCork
Know-it-All

portfolio
Josh Corken
Freelance Designer
Indianapolis, USA

I will do just that then! I just wasn't sure because of all the misleading information. Thanks!

Great to hear that you are helping out with t the post party. That will be a nice week for you! I am going to be dropping you an e-mail soon about some stuff. I definietely want to take you up on your offer to bring me to the beaches! That would be easier than me getting lost in a foriegn country! Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylistic
Bring your swimwear along mate, if you want to i can bring you to the beaches. Yes, I am going and I am helping in the post party! Make sure you go for the party! I am blocking out a whole week of leave for that week so should be fun! Drop me a msg here or an email. Hope to hear from you!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #14
MasterZap
Strange but nice person

portfolio
Zap Andersson
Shader Wizard
Autodesk Inc.
Eskilstuna, Sweden

Send a message via ICQ to MasterZap
Talking

Seems I'll be doing this very 1st SIGGRAPH Asia. I'll be doing an "extended version" of the same masterclass I taught at the US SIGGRAPH waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in... august.

/Z

Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
JCork
Know-it-All

portfolio
Josh Corken
Freelance Designer
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZap
Seems I'll be doing this very 1st SIGGRAPH Asia. I'll be doing an "extended version" of the same masterclass I taught at the US SIGGRAPH waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in... august.

/Z

Good luck with teaching the class. I was at SIGGRAPH in August and it was amazing! I had a really great time. That was my first year ever attending. I'm glad I'll be able to be a part of the first ever SIGGRAPH Asia!

P.S. Master Zep, your avatar is almost causing me a stroke! Haha!

share thread