Les cités suspendues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2008
Les cités suspendues

Here is my participation, it is about a try of matte painting, mixing photo and digital painting. The title means " suspended cities ". I wanted to create imaginary cities on a desert world where gets involved technology that represents enormous citieshung on on rocks and archaic world represented by the man and his horse.

02 February 2008
thats awesome!
very good

02 February 2008
awesum,

i think u have grt chance of winning this!
my vote for u!

02 February 2008
beaautiful composition and atmosphere..Yea definately top 3 at this stage..my only complaint is that the city seems not to align to any vanishing point so comes a cross as a flat plane..however the concept speaks so strongly that i don't it matters that much..

very good work

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

02 February 2008
Wow, this is a great concept! I think this is one of my favorites in the competition so far. What was the photo and what did you actually paint? I'm just curious. Thanks for posting.

-Trey-

02 February 2008
Very nice one! I like it very much and it has great focus and composition.

02 February 2008
Many thank for your nice comments

02 February 2008
I agree that the perspective is a bit off in places but it's still a really nice image. It reminds me a lot of those late 70's sci-fi artists, it wouldn't look out of place on a sci-fi novel.

http://immersivevr.co.uk

02 February 2008
The scene has a lot going on but it makes you take the time to study it. Nice

02 February 2008
Nice image! What makes this image interesting isn't the complexity and detail, but composition and colors.I love the color scheme! Superbe! Very, very nice color harmony! Vue, isn't it? If it's vue, you really understand it pretty well, because i work on it for 5 months and i still hit with the fist the keyboard from time to time, especially when it comes to spectral athmospheres...

02 February 2008
Thanks for all your nice comments

Originally Posted by alienpioneer: Nice image! What makes this image interesting isn't the complexity and detail, but composition and colors.I love the color scheme! Superbe! Very, very nice color harmony! Vue, isn't it? If it's vue, you really understand it pretty well, because i work on it for 5 months and i still hit with the fist the keyboard from time to time, especially when it comes to spectral athmospheres...

Thank for your comment
No, I did not use vue, only once, it is photography retouched mixed with digital painting the atmosphere is returned by digital painting and a lot of patience

02 February 2008
Unbeliveable...Nice!

02 February 2008
Awesome image. Very relaxing and stable feel about it. Really nice.

My one point of feedback would be the blacklevels in the closest city (on the right side of the city only) are a bit too dark. It mucks with the distance cueing.

markg

02 February 2008
Thank for your nices comments

Thread Closed share thread