Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2008   #61
10th March

Can i submit my entry in the last day of the event (10th March) ?

Old 03 March 2008   #62
New Member problem

Hi all, i have a problem,
I want to submit my pic, but because i am a new member, my first 2 post must be validated and it takes 24 hours,,so its march 9 at 3pm, hope some admn see this post to validate it.

Old 03 March 2008   #63
Question Deadline Confusing

in my country we also call "midnight of march 10th" to the 11:59:59 PM of march 10th or 0:00 AM of march 11th..

- So now I'm not sure if I can upload an image in March 10th or just until 11:59:59 PM of March 9th...

I know I should have uploaded it before, but personal problems didn't allow me to work on this before, and now the computer is rendering the complex image
(Very Long render.. After rendering the 25%, the time left to finish is more than 14hs !!...using 2 CPUs)

-- IF it is POSSIBLE: PLEASE LET US UPLOAD until 11:59:59 PM of March 10th...

- And any Extension to the deadline would be GREATLY Appreciated...

Best regards.

Last edited by PVZQ : 03 March 2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Clarifying exact Deadline date and time

Old 03 March 2008   #64
i cannot submit my entry...why?

Old 03 March 2008   #65
unable to post

I am unable to submit my entry. When I fill out the form and upload my image, and hit submit, it takes me back to the form. I do not get a confirmation that my image was submitted and don't see it in the submitted entries and do not get an error either. What can I be doing wrong? I signed in as a member before going to the form! Thanks for the help.

Old 03 March 2008   #66
I am also curious about the submission cutoff time. The rules simply said "before March 10th", and by my clock/calendar, it is still March 9th for another hour and a half.

But my entry image is stamped with the date of March 10. So did I make it in time or not? Will the thread simply be locked when it's no longer possible to enter? If my image uploaded to the entries thread is it considered "on time"?

Old 03 March 2008   #67
Question

Hmmm. I just noticed our team's entry is also stamped with March 10th. I thought the cutoff time was Pacific Time. I'd hate to think that the effort we spent solely for this contest was lost due to a technicality - especially on the very same day where we already just lost an hour due to the daylight savings time changeover.

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios / FX Models

Old 03 March 2008   #68
It is clear from the competition rules that the end of competition before 10 of march.
Unfortunately, I didn't finish my image because I've spent a lot of time putting some fine details .
Good luck 4 all

Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one

Old 03 March 2008   #69
i am sorry to hear that a lot of people wasnt able to submit their entry due to time zones or just being late? maybe, they would extend it just like the last time (previous one). i too have one more entry to submit.

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

Old 03 March 2008   #70
deadline time

so is it the end of 9th or the 10th the real deadline?

it's actually still 30min left till the end of the 9th at GMT -12.

but if it's the end of the 10th it would be great cause I would fix some stuff in my image that I didn't have time for.

Old 03 March 2008   #71
Exclamation Extention Request

I am one of those who are still working for an entry to get it the most Perfect and beautiful in the remaining time..

My render took more than 14hs and still didn't finish (will take 10 more) that was unexpected..

Also would like to make some postproduction retouches, to make it more beautiful

I am Really Sorry to be late and for the delay my work took.
I couldn't work on this before
Maybe I'm crazy but I almost didn't sleep in last days

WE WILL APPRECIATE A LITTLE EXTENTION if possible.

Thank you very much.

Old 03 March 2008   #72
Talking

According to an earlier post, midnight has to pass EVERYWHERE in the world ON march 10th before the entries close. so you still have time at this point, as it is still the 10th. Also if your having problem uploading try reducing to 2MB JPEG.

Old 03 March 2008   #73
Can't upload my entry

I see a lot of people are encountering the same problem I am, I can't submit my entry.

Old 03 March 2008   #74
Advice to upload

1. Make shure the image size 2560x1600
2. Make it less than 2MB
3. Make shure you mark the "I have read and understand the competition rules" box.

This are the things that had work for me. Just an advice.

Good Luck!

Old 03 March 2008   #75
The deadline is after midnight march 10. Or, once it is no longer march 10 anywhere on the planet.

If you are having trouble with the images make sure they are the exact dimensions, and under 2 megs in size. The exact dimensions means landscape format, portrait format will not work. Also if you are still having troubles, make sure the image is in RGB format, CMYK and RGBA jpegs are not true jpegs and will likely not work.

Twitter: salmonmoose

reply share thread