Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2008   #31
to the powers that be--

I think the contest is an amazing creative outlet, and it is almost done perfectly...i have a Major beef with the judges. from what **I** saw, there are NO architects!!!??? i think this is truly a huge mistake. Being an architect and in the CG world, i know that a Practicing architect will bring so much more to the jury process. I think the jury will affect what people submit, look at the inspiration area...its a load of sci-fi, star trek, video gamish stuff...which is ALL gorgeous mind-you...but when you refer to Gehry, and have architecture in the title of the contest...i think you should have at least one practicing architect on the panel.

i dont say this to be negative, i say this because this IS a freakin wonderful contest, and if it will every attract more than the gamers and trekies, we need to step up the true archiecture side of things...There are loads of young, conceptual, 3d, theoretical designers out there...im sure they would love to help.

my 2 cents.

Old 03 March 2008   #32
Thumbs up

dutchtilt, i think youre right, i am an architecture student so i also think that an architect
apreciation shoud be apropiated

i also wanted to ask to the people of the contest for more time to finish the image,
im working on mine and i dont know if i will submit it on time

i think this chalenge requires more time that the previous.
besides in the first chalenge we had more time cause the free time of december; i started college in february so i didn't have time to work in the image. maybe there are other people with the same problem.

anyway i just wantetd to say that
i hope that you can give us more time so maybe i can finish my image

great contest and i hope another after this one

Old 03 March 2008   #33
Thumbs up

dutchtilt, i think youre right, i am an architecture student so i also think that an architect apreciation shoud be apropiated

i also wanted to ask to the people of the contest for more time to finish the image,
im working on mine and i dont know if i will submit it on time

i think this chalenge requires more time that the previous.
besides in the first chalenge we had more time cause the free time of december; i started college in february so i didn't have time to work in the image. maybe there are other people with the same problem.

anyway i just wantetd to say that
i hope that you can give us more time so maybe i can finish my image

great contest and i hope another after this one

Old 03 March 2008   #34
Originally Posted by anew3rd: I have submit a file, twice, there was no confermation that is was a successful submition. Is there a way to fine out if it was a successful submition. Title of the artwork was "Red Rock City" it was done in photoshop.

I believe I followed all the rules. if I didn't catch one would this be the reason for not seeing in on the recent entries.

Jon

Did it return you to the page you submitted on? Or a thread? If it dropped you back to the page you started on, something was wrong with your entry, likely the file was larger than 2 megs.

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 03 March 2008   #35
I haven't had the time lately to be a part of this competition, too bad closing date on 10 March 2008.

Dutchtilt: Yea I agree; good to see architects as judges. But most of the judges are really professional artists; so it shouldn't be a must.

I don't know if I have time, but is the mass study accepted?

Best,
Sam

Old 03 March 2008   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by anew3rd
I have submit a file, twice, there was no confermation that is was a successful submition. Is there a way to fine out if it was a successful submition. Title of the artwork was "Red Rock City" it was done in photoshop.

I believe I followed all the rules. if I didn't catch one would this be the reason for not seeing in on the recent entries.

Jon

Did it return you to the page you submitted on? Or a thread? If it dropped you back to the page you started on, something was wrong with your entry, likely the file was larger than 2 megs.

*** No I found out what I did, 2560 x 1600 landscape can not become a 1600 x 2560 portait, which I made thnking that I could make the best of the long pickture since I was working with a mountain. .

Didn't realize I can't flip this to submit... but it is post, smaller than my liking but none the less it went thru.

Thanks

Old 03 March 2008   #37
Question about deadline

If i'm living in Poland - which hour at 10 MArch is the deadline? or which hour at 9 March...i'm not sure which day is THE LAST DAY when i can upload image to cgtalk - 10 March or 9 March.
Thanks in advance
Greetings from Poland for All Competitors (and judges off course too).

Hris

Old 03 March 2008   #38
Unhappy Why?

I supplemented my image, I downloaded the file... but I do not see this image appearing with the image of the other take part why?

Old 03 March 2008   #39
Originally Posted by hris: If i'm living in Poland - which hour at 10 MArch is the deadline? or which hour at 9 March...i'm not sure which day is THE LAST DAY when i can upload image to cgtalk - 10 March or 9 March.
Thanks in advance
Greetings from Poland for All Competitors (and judges off course too).

Hris

The closing time is midnight on the 10th March. We dont close the entries untill midnight of the 10th has passed everywhere in the world.

Mark Snoswell. President, The CGSociety. Director, Ballistic Media.

Old 03 March 2008   #40
Hi

I tried today to upload the entry, I paste the title + text, found the image on HDD, cklicked upload, and everything went OK, but I can not see my entry? So, what to do?
My image size is 2,100,559 ~ 2MB is that problem?
Please help!

EDIT:
I think I solved the problem, it was file size.

Last edited by okmijun : 03 March 2008 at 09:19 AM.

Old 03 March 2008   #41
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but with "unpublished", do you mean printed in a magazine, used commercially etc or simply just posted on another website?

Last edited by Rochr : 03 March 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Old 03 March 2008   #42
Unhappy Why!

I supplemented my image, I downloaded the file... but I do not see this image appearing with the image of the other take part why?

2560x1200 jpeg Hight res= 3 mega to big or not!

Thank you
AlZoulou

Old 03 March 2008   #43
Same issue

I have the same issue I try to post my image 2560*1600 = 3Mega also and I didn't find it in the entries...????

Old 03 March 2008   #44
Ok I have compress it to reduce the size and it works !

Old 03 March 2008   #45
Originally Posted by Rochr: Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but with "unpublished", do you mean printed in a magazine, used commercially etc or simply just posted on another website?

IMHO it means all those cases.
Originally Posted by AlZoulou: I supplemented my image, I downloaded the file... but I do not see this image appearing with the image of the other take part why?

2560x1200 jpeg Hight res= 3 mega to big or not!

Thank you
AlZoulou

It should be under 2 mb.Try to recompress it under 2 mb limit.

Regards

Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one

reply share thread