Faq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2008
resolution

Hi

I was wondering witch resolution we should work with? Is 72 DPI ok?

Thanks!

02 February 2008
Originally Posted by Mumphy: Hi

I was wondering witch resolution we should work with? Is 72 DPI ok?

Thanks!

DPI makes no difference to resolution - so long as the pixel dimensions are the ones stated in the rules, your file will work.

Twitter: salmonmoose

02 February 2008
I have submitted my entry but it dowsn't appear in the "view all entries" grid. Shall i wait until the admins approve and create a thread for my entry?

Thanks

-enigma

Got IT....my image exceeds 2MB.

---Kindly Delete post ----

Thanks again

Last edited by enigma3DV : 02 February 2008 at 02:29 PM.

02 February 2008
So,we can post several pics ?

02 February 2008
Originally Posted by tomaya: So,we can post several pics ?

As long as they meet the guidelines

02 February 2008
Sorry, but I am still a bit confused...

If I have a picture for the contest that is not yet completed, and I want to get some opinions on it, should I start a thread in the Work in Progress forum, or should I post it by entering it in the ArtSpace contest?

02 February 2008
common problem!

I've posted 2 WIP's and my final work is already done but i didn't post it yet. Means that the jury will not

considerate my final work, just the first one ? (first one means WIP's)

What should I do ?

Thank You for your time!

03 March 2008
Hi, im sorry if this question has been asked before, but im not sure if i can post the full size image link along with the entry, without breaking the rule about it being published somewhere else, rule 7 : )) .. ..im afraid it will be too small and details would be lost so im thinking of uploading it on some free storage site and linking it. tnx for time

Uplift Universe WIP

my animation wip

Deviant gallery

03 March 2008
Cool About rule 7

I have the same question With SittingDucky Since many people cant see all the fine details that i have put to my work Lost Paradise .

03 March 2008
Smile Entry Upload Confirmation

May I get an e-mail confirmation of my attempt at entry upload?
If status is a failure to upload, will it be pointed out in detail?
How long should I wait before trying again?

Thanks for a gr8t competition!

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by enthewhite: Sorry, but I am still a bit confused...

If I have a picture for the contest that is not yet completed, and I want to get some opinions on it, should I start a thread in the Work in Progress forum, or should I post it by entering it in the ArtSpace contest?

Post in the WIP section of the site.

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by livake: I've posted 2 WIP's and my final work is already done but i didn't post it yet. Means that the jury will not

considerate my final work, just the first one ? (first one means WIP's)

What should I do ?

Thank You for your time!

All entered works will be considered. Your final image won't be judged in respect to your WIP images. Although if a judge prefers them, they could be voted for.

Also note: If you edit your initial post to point to an image other than the one you submitted, it won't work. Please submit a new entry if you wish to update your design.

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by SittingDucky: Hi, im sorry if this question has been asked before, but im not sure if i can post the full size image link along with the entry, without breaking the rule about it being published somewhere else, rule 7 : )) .. ..im afraid it will be too small and details would be lost so im thinking of uploading it on some free storage site and linking it. tnx for time

Yes, that's fine. We just hide the full sized image, because some people don't want their stuff printed off without their consent.

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by ikeetek: May I get an e-mail confirmation of my attempt at entry upload?
If status is a failure to upload, will it be pointed out in detail?
How long should I wait before trying again?

Thanks for a gr8t competition!

The submission process should take you directly to your entry thread. If it does not, wait a while, and try again.

03 March 2008
Submition-for The Current Event

I have submit a file, twice, there was no confermation that is was a successful submition. Is there a way to fine out if it was a successful submition. Title of the artwork was "Red Rock City" it was done in photoshop.

I believe I followed all the rules. if I didn't catch one would this be the reason for not seeing in on the recent entries.

Jon

reply share thread