Whats a Good Win 8 Tablet for Portable Drawing?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2014   #16
Originally Posted by lubbe75: I'm also on the lookout for a windows 8 tablet with a pressure sensitive stylus.

It's not easy to find as manufacturers don't push these features as very valuable. If you go to the manufacturers' home pages they don't list clearly which models that come with an active stylus. What is your experiences on this?

For now I don't know any other way than to search various forums, like this one, for tips on what's out there and what's working well.

If it's like the iPad, you can buy 3rd party stylus for it. Be warned, they can be pricey... There are many style to chose from from simple stylus to paint brushes.

Old 03 March 2014   #17
Yes, but I meant an active stylus... a proper digitizer built in to the tablet. Take for instance the Acer R7 or the Lenovo Yoga. There are models with a digitizer and models without it, and they still share the same model name. I bet that if you ask most retailers they wouldn't know either whether this specific model has a digitizer or not. If it doesn't state on the box they will tell you it doesn't.

reply share thread