Advice about labtop Samsung Series 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
Advice about labtop Samsung Series 7

HI Guys is anybody tell me please how is this laptop I wanna buy it ,but before that I need your opinion .I am gonna work on Maya ,Zbrush ,Photoshop ,and also i wanna knew Is gonna be the render time Fair!!!..thank you

SAMSUNGSeriesSeries 7ModelNP700G7C-S01USGeneral

ColorBlackOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 64-BitCPU TypeIntel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHzScreen17.3"Memory Size16GB DDR3Hard Disk1.5TBOptical DriveBlu-Ray PlayerGraphics CardNvidia Geforce GTX 675MVideo Memory2GBCommunicationGigabit LAN and WLANDimensions16.1" x 11.2" x 1.29"-1.96"Weight8.39 lbsOther FeaturesIntel Wireless DisplayCPU

CPU TypeIntel Core i7CPU Speed3610QM(2.30GHz)CPU Support6MB L3 Cache
Turbo frequency 3.3GHzChipset

ChipsetIntel HM76Display

Screen Size17.3"Wide Screen SupportYesResolution1920 x 1080LCD FeaturesSuperBright Plus TechnologyOperating Systems

Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 64-BitGraphics

GPU/VPUNVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MVideo MemoryDedicated 2GBGraphic TypeDedicated CardHard Drive

HDD1.5TBHDD RPM7200rpmHDD Spec1.5TB with Express Cache Technology, 8GBMemory

Memory16GBMemory SpeedDDR3 1600Memory Spec4GB x 4Memory Type204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMMOptical Drive

Optical Drive TypeBlu-ray PlayerCommunications

LAN10/100/1000MbpsWLANIntel Centrino Advanced-N 6235BluetoothBluetooth 4.0Ports

USB2 x USB 3.0
2 x USB 2.0Video Port1 x VGA, 1 x DisplayPortHDMI1 x HDMIAudio Ports1 x Microphone jack; 1 x Headphone jack
Price:1,829.99

08 August 2012
In terms of laptops that's not bad but you might have issues with overheating and possible graphics glitches. If you don't absolutely need the portability you'd be much better off with a desktop machine which would be substantially faster in the same budget (or much cheaper for the same performance).

08 August 2012
I've used one at work and like it enough to consider getting one myself-= 3 things that may keep me from ever doing so: price, poor video option and the soon to hit the market windows 8 slates with more power- and what Olson said (but for me I am happy with my desktop)

PS- at the M$ Store it's reasonable and with a student email you get a free Xbox 4GB system.

Last edited by CKPinson : 08 August 2012 at 01:25 AM.

08 August 2012
thank you solan ..I knew desktop much better but my situation is different I am need laptop!because I always in the road!lol ..and thank you so much for advice I think I am gonna go with Asus

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16834230409

08 August 2012
yeah for that kind of price i would get always an SSD too.

08 August 2012
That's not even close to a Samsung slate 7!? better off getting a Fujitsu T902 that comes out soon=- Wacom digitizer and nice specs-

08 August 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread