FAQ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2007   #61
Originally Posted by loran: the first posts. where can we see all ther posted entries?

At the top and bottom of the entries page, you'll see a numbered list of the other pages in the forum. Click on these

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 11 November 2007   #62
Hi, 5th time I try to upload an entry and fail with this message :

"Image is not wide enough (must be at least 2560 pixels)

Image is not tall enough (must be at least 1600 pixels)"

my picture was first 2560x1600 jpeg and then i scaled up to 2600 x 1625 with no more success.

Do you have any clue ?

thank you

Old 11 November 2007   #63
hey morganrtz, lower down the size of your image to less than 2 mb. it will ork with 2560*1600 scale resolution

Old 12 December 2007   #64
Urgent question?

Why the image which I had put on the forum of the competition does not appear any more in the list of all the participants?
Here is the link which proves that I participated in this competition in the first sendings of these. I hope to have a fast answer on it because I understand in no way?!!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...42&goto=newpost

Thank you in advance for your answer ChriSolo

Old 12 December 2007   #65
Is it permited to post my work in "CGSociety 3d Stills Gallery" before the end of challenge?
Originally Posted by chriSolo: Why the image which I had put on the forum of the competition does not appear any more in the list of all the participants?
Here is the link which proves that I participated in this competition in the first sendings of these. I hope to have a fast answer on it because I understand in no way?!!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...42&goto=newpost

Thank you in advance for your answer ChriSolo

your image is here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdi...25&daysprune=-1
Make sure you didn't display posts from last month only(scroll down you should find option to show posts from the begining).
Regards

Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one

Old 12 December 2007   #66
i submitted my image without an error, now my entry thumbnail is visible "the birth of green", but when i click on it, my image doesn't appear only the discription apperas

Old 12 December 2007   #67
I have similar problem with Neox3d, only i submited my entry and it simply doesnt show at all. i mean there is a post but no image. My image is under 2 megs. So what now? I know how anoying doble posts are but i cannot erase my post, at least i dont know how, and it would be somewhat embarasing to do a triple post.

Old 12 December 2007   #68
same here!!! I have more work to send today...

Old 12 December 2007   #69
I still havent been able to upload properly...I double checked my dimensions and my file size...and its a no go....can I get some support please?

Old 12 December 2007   #70
xan anyone tell us whats happening, and when shold v upload again to avpoiad, double posts or triple posts?????

Old 12 December 2007   #71
conspiracy theory.this is after I took my work to another computer and tried to upload...thanks cg talk!

Old 12 December 2007   #72
same problem for me guys

thumbnail is ok but no main image ?

any answers ?

cheers

http://www.bearfootfilms.com

VFX Workshop Tutorials

http://vfxworkshops.com/neil-maccormack/

Old 12 December 2007   #73
HELLLLLOOOOO.....

can someone administrate please?

I tried to upload my work and I double checked the file size AND the dimensions and its a NO go...

either the system tells me that the image is not small enough or wide enough OR it upload ONLY the thumbnail and doesnt show the full image...can someone help us out???

I am not the only member having this problem.
thanks in advance

Old 12 December 2007   #74
ADMIN: PROBLEM Uploading and Viewing images in Posts

Dear ADMINs:

I noticed that problem in many people's posts. So answers to these questions may help many:

1 - MOST IMPORTANT:
if the image is uploaded but not showed in the corresponding thread, is still valid for the NVArt Challenge ?? or do we have to upload it again untill is visible in the post ?
Sometims it doesn't even appear as thumbnail...

2 - The dpi resolution of the image has something to do with this issue?
Because many members reported that they uploaded the images in correct size.

3 - Does the image have to be smaller than 2 MB ?

4 - Someone reported he compressed the image with Corel Painter instead of Photoshop and that made the image visible in the Thread after uploading it. Do we have to compress the image in a specific way (besides 90% of quality) ??

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now, while writing this post I did read this one by Jeggis:

If you're having trouble uploading your images, try to make the files smaller;

There are a few steps you can take;

1) Don't compress with Photoshop, even with 'save for web' it doesn't actually do a very good job.

2) Don't submit art at 100% quality, if you win, and we need a print quality version we'll organize that when the time comes.

I think files over 2mb are not uploading at all which is why the system thinks it's smaller than the recommended size (it's getting a file that is 0x0 pixels).

Courtesy of salmonmoose.

Old 12 December 2007   #75
Originally Posted by PVZQ: Dear ADMINs:

I noticed that problem in many people's posts. So answers to these questions may help many:

1 - MOST IMPORTANT:
if the image is uploaded but not showed in the corresponding thread, is still valid for the NVArt Challenge ?? or do we have to upload it again untill is visible in the post ?
Sometims it doesn't even appear as thumbnail...

2 - The dpi resolution of the image has something to do with this issue?
Because many members reported that they uploaded the images in correct size.

3 - Does the image have to be smaller than 2 MB ?

4 - Someone reported he compressed the image with Corel Painter instead of Photoshop and that made the image visible in the Thread after uploading it. Do we have to compress the image in a specific way (besides 90% of quality) ??

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now, while writing this post I did read this one by Jeggis:

If you're having trouble uploading your images, try to make the files smaller;

There are a few steps you can take;

1) Don't compress with Photoshop, even with 'save for web' it doesn't actually do a very good job.

2) Don't submit art at 100% quality, if you win, and we need a print quality version we'll organize that when the time comes.

I think files over 2mb are not uploading at all which is why the system thinks it's smaller than the recommended size (it's getting a file that is 0x0 pixels).

Courtesy of salmonmoose.

1-??
2- If you make your image in any 3d software then the DPI thing has no meaning because most 3d software render actual pixel size.But if you use software respect image DPI like photoshop the DPI value should be 72 dpi (monitor resolution)
3- The image should be smaller than 2 MB because the uploading system will not report the correct dimensions of the image and the upload process will fail.
4- ??

Jack of all trades, master of none, though ofttimes better than master of one

Thread Closed share thread