FAQ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2007   #46
Are we allowed to post our image on another site after we enter it here first, for critique?

Old 11 November 2007   #47
Watermarks?

I was wondering if it is ok to watermark entries to this contest as the high resolution files are easily downloadable? Uploading a watermarked file may put some people's minds at rest, and they could then send in an unwatermarked image on request. Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MrHappy : 11 November 2007 at 12:26 AM.

Old 11 November 2007   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by arLutiK
well since they ask for image less then 2MB, I doubt it's 72dpi. Hope this answers your question

I'm going to have to clarify this;

The DPI of the file doesn't matter, this is only used when you bring the document to print, when displaying an image on screen most software doesn't respect DPI at all. The only thing that is important is the actual pixel resolution.

You can try an experiment, save 300x300 pixel image out at 72dpi, 300dpi and 2000dpi and the file size will remain the same

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 11 November 2007   #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonare
Are we allowed to post our image on another site after we enter it here first, for critique?

No.

Not until the competition is over.

You are more than welcome to post a link to your entry on other sites, and let people comment on it here however - in fact, please do

Old 11 November 2007   #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy
I was wondering if it is ok to watermark entries to this contest as the high resolution files are easily downloadable? Uploading a watermarked file may put some people's minds at rest, and they could then send in an unwatermarked image on request. Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Thanks in advance

No

I've played with the submission somewhat, we're now only linking to a 1024 px wide version of your art, which I have watermarked on the system.

* this is only for new posts, sorry.

Old 11 November 2007   #51
are there any restriction with respect to countries that the entrants can submit from only?

Old 11 November 2007   #52
Hello guys

I want to say WOW , allot of entrys ^^ (and its only november) I mean so many uploaded images with really nice looking art. Those judges will have hard work to pick a winner from all those entrys

I really like the contest, your fantasy is so large now by having a rule like: only exist in a virtual world.
But having a rule like this I see many many submited images wich dosn't represent something or dosn't have a meaning ( I hope my point is clever..my english isn't 100% great) images made without a story behind it. But thats just my though

Greetingz,

Qualize

Old 11 November 2007   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neox3d
are there any restriction with respect to countries that the entrants can submit from only?

No.

Old 11 November 2007   #54
previous entries deleted??

why previous entries are deleted??

Old 11 November 2007   #55
Probably a silly question and I'm sorry if I've missed it, but are 1600x2560 instead of 2560x1600

allowed?

Thank you.

Old 11 November 2007   #56
Already answered. If you want something 1600x2560 (image aspect=0.625), use black borders on the sides to make a final image in 2560x1600 (image aspect=1.6).

Old 11 November 2007   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by loran
why previous entries are deleted??

Which entries have been deleted?

Old 11 November 2007   #58
I cant seem to upload the image it is 2560x 1600 like the reqirements said, what am i doing wrong?? It says it isnt and when i look at the file itself its data states that it is 2560 x 1600 as i told 3dsmax to make it

Last edited by Dragonassasin : 11 November 2007 at 05:03 AM.

Old 11 November 2007   #59
If you're having trouble uploading your images, try to make the files smaller;

There are a few steps you can take;

1) Don't compress with Photoshop, even with 'save for web' it doesn't actually do a very good job.

2) Don't submit art at 100% quality, if you win, and we need a print quality version we'll organize that when the time comes.

I think files over 2mb are not uploading at all which is why the system thinks it's smaller than the recommended size (it's getting a file that is 0x0 pixels).

Courtesy of salmonmoose.

Old 11 November 2007   #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonmoose
Which entries have been deleted?

the first posts. where can we see all ther posted entries?

Thread Closed share thread