FAQ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2007   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonmoose
Yeah submit as many bits of art as you like

Thats great I have many ideas

I did not seen the answer to a portrait version possibility So will it be possible to submit a 1600x2560 image?

I`m a little anxious about my copyrights as the hires uploaded images are fully available to anybody
I`ts not like on CGChannel where we upload the hires TIF separately?

Last edited by Nomad : 10 October 2007 at 06:02 PM.

Old 11 November 2007   #32
First of all i would like to thank NVIDIA and CGSociety for this wonderfull challange.
I am new here on this website and this will be the first contest i'll be participating to, and i'm very glad that i can finaly put my CG skills to a test. Luckily i managed to free some time in order to start working on this.

I'm looking forward to compete with all you other CG artists out there

Last edited by Falvius : 11 November 2007 at 05:18 AM.

Old 11 November 2007   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Thats great I have many ideas

I did not seen the answer to a portrait version possibility So will it be possible to submit a 1600x2560 image?

I`m a little anxious about my copyrights as the hires uploaded images are fully available to anybody
I`ts not like on CGChannel where we upload the hires TIF separately?

No, only 2560x1600 if you want to do a portrait version you'll need to black bar it to fit that resolution.

Twitter: salmonmoose

Old 11 November 2007   #34
Ok, after trying to submit my image, I got this message:

So I rechecked my image, and it showed this:

So the size is right, but still my image gets rejected. Why?

Old 11 November 2007   #35
Interesting -

Make sure you use the save for web parts in photoshop - perhaps even convert the image with something other than photoshop - if that still doesn't work, email me, and I'll have a look at it on monday.

Old 11 November 2007   #36
Still doesn't work. Check your gmail inbox.

Old 11 November 2007   #37
Argl ! the same for me, my pic is 2560*1600 , i've got the same message always !!

Help !

Old 11 November 2007   #38
Hi there,

my question is, can the competition entry also be a digital painting?

They rules speak about "renders" (However, we don't just want technically excellent renders that are lacking in artistic beauty. The whole point is to create images that are clearly creations of the digital world but retain the artistic beauty and composition of a traditional painting. ), yet mentions "traditional painting".

I'm a little confused since all entries I've seen were 3D renders. But I'd like to make a digital painting.

Old 11 November 2007   #39
Trouble Shooting

If you're having trouble uploading your images, try to make the files smaller;

There are a few steps you can take;

1) Don't compress with Photoshop, even with 'save for web' it doesn't actually do a very good job.

2) Don't submit art at 100% quality, if you win, and we need a print quality version we'll organize that when the time comes.

I think files over 2mb are not uploading at all which is why the system thinks it's smaller than the recommended size (it's getting a file that is 0x0 pixels).

Jeggis - I re-compressed your image in Paint.net and at 95% it came down to 1mb and uploaded without a problem, I'll forward the compressed version back to you.

Old 11 November 2007   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidith
Hi there,

my question is, can the competition entry also be a digital painting?

They rules speak about "renders" (However, we don't just want technically excellent renders that are lacking in artistic beauty. The whole point is to create images that are clearly creations of the digital world but retain the artistic beauty and composition of a traditional painting. ), yet mentions "traditional painting".

I'm a little confused since all entries I've seen were 3D renders. But I'd like to make a digital painting.

As long as it is clearly digital yes, you may.

Old 11 November 2007   #41
Thanks! It works perfect. This solution should be added to the first post. As many people compress their images with Photoshop.

Old 11 November 2007   #42
Unhappy 2560 x 1600 pixels

Hello,

this sounds like a very interesting competition, but for the submission i think that those 2560 x 1600 pixels are quite large. Everybody can download that files here in this forum. I really would like to be a part of this, but I like to sell some posters, too.

Is it possible to submit pictures without publishing such a highresfile here in this forum?

Best regards,

www.ak3d.de

Old 11 November 2007   #43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutsche
Hello,

this sounds like a very interesting competition, but for the submission i think that those 2560 x 1600 pixels are quite large. Everybody can download that files here in this forum. I really would like to be a part of this, but I like to sell some posters, too.

Is it possible to submit pictures without publishing such a highresfile here in this forum?

Best regards,

Unfortunately not - technically if you're selling posters that counts as being published outside of CGSociety as well.

Old 11 November 2007   #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_carl
but it really takes alot more time to render a 300dpi image than an 72dpi,
så a beter quetion maby is
Is it going to be used in print or just desplayed on screens?

well since they ask for image less then 2MB, I doubt it's 72dpi. Hope this answers your question

Master & Servant

my site

Old 11 November 2007   #45
Double Post - Mods

hi everyone

sorry i seem to have submitted the same image twice

please can a mod delete the entries for me as the wrong image anyway !???
thanks a lot
Neil

http://www.bearfootfilms.com

VFX Workshop Tutorials

http://vfxworkshops.com/neil-maccormack/

Last edited by bearfoot : 11 November 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Thread Closed share thread