Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Kazimierz Fit

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Kazimierz Fit

Kazimierz Fit is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Stigmata

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: lineart

well i thought of something diferent for this challenge, i will try to capture a moment where a girl reading a bible recieves a stigmata from God.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: working out the color palette

currently i'm much further with this piece but here's the step where i try to get the colour palette ready, i'm pretty happy how the face works out

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: working out the basic shapes and looks of the girl

and here's the current stand

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: hard work with face to get it realistic

well i'm trying to get the face as i want it to be but still way off

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: working on face, like it os far

a bit closer to what i want to achieve,starting to block out the dress hand and book...

11 November 2007
Line Art or Model: hand is there but the fingers arent

now i have the hand blocked out in place, but still have to work on the fingers and shading, i will move the cross up and see how it works out, i want it silver and pretty complicated, the second thing is the rosary, if the cross works out fine i won't add the rosary, but i'm pretty sure the most work will go to the clothing, the flame burning out the stigma will be a pretty tricky thing aswell.

11 November 2007
Line Art or Model: finally hand is there

after a long time of remaking the hand i finally have the right shape, now it's for the details, next stop the dress.

11 November 2007
Line Art or Model: dress color change

dress finally blocked out,color changed,now it's for the detail, the face still requires some liquifier tool work cuz after a mirror flip it still looks quite off, there will be pretty much more blood aswell,and a second stigma on the hand, i'm happy becouse everythings finally there-as mentioned now for the details. Any comments/crits...i'm pretty alone here :((

11 November 2007
Cool

really like your sketch! the colours are pretty bold! white .. pink .. even black .. good choice i must say! make the blood more apparent by letting it trickle down her hand and on the white dress as well .. that will surely be a hit!...
try adding more gloss to her eyes as if she's about to cry ...
just ideas hope they help ya really love ur work!
good luck to u!

Last edited by nwiz25 : 11 November 2007 at 11:33 AM.

11 November 2007
Line Art or Model: blocking out blood lol

worked a bit on the dress,now it's for the blood

11 November 2007
Thumbs up

Hey, you've been working hard! Ithink you heve beeen posting more frecuently than anyone else in the illustration challenge lately!, don't feel lonely these last days everyone seems to be either taking a break or working really hard to catch up with things, but is great you entered too. I have a feeling for this kind of mistic things so I like your picture a lot, I could suggest you to make the hair a bit less 'flat' on the area over the eye, where it is more lit, I guess you're still on that.....

I think it'd look fine if you make the overall feel of the painting more yellow-amber and fade to darker tones in the edges of the canvas, as in old, weathered colonial church paintings, you could try this in the end with a filter.
Good work! keep it on!

Last edited by SteevieWoo : 11 November 2007 at 06:12 PM.

11 November 2007
Originally Posted by SteevieWoo: I could suggest you to make the hair a bit less 'flat' on the area over the eye, where it is more lit, I guess you're still on that.....

I think it'd look fine if you make the overall feel of the painting more yellow-amber and fade to darker tones in the edges of the canvas, as in old, weathered colonial church paintings, you could try this in the end with a filter.
Good work! keep it on!

Thx for the warm words Steevie,...yeah the little adjustments will take a solid amount of time.

11 November 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: normal size-first try

here's a first shot at the oryginal res, the chair will be pretty much diffrent in the final image, much more bulky, i want to add a small baby angel flying aswell,i'm feeling her right hand will be a pain in the a$$

11 November 2007
better quality sample,not yet a milestone...

Last edited by kazziu : 11 November 2007 at 07:53 AM.

Thread Closed share thread