Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Tomasz Jedruszek is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Sleep of reason produces nightmares

10 October 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Sleep of reason produces Nightmares

Do You know the famous "Sleep of reason produces monsters "by Francisco Goya? Well I came to idea to make that kind of illustration for this chellege. Here it is an orgila art by Goya as inspiration.

10 October 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Sleep of Reason produces nightmares

Here's a concept sketch of this idea.
So basicaly is all about those weird things which happens in my mind when I'm get tired and fell asleep at my tablet. Then my nightmares comes to play. Who they are is not that much important , if you know my art you problably named all those characters already. But my point in doing this illustration to to show you their behavior -strange behavior -because even I spend all my life painting them , they still quite nasty creatures who doesn't even let me sleep and rest. They running around my head all the time , or just standing above me as they waithing for their turn to be painted.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: Sleep of reason produces nightmares

tightning up deatails, blocking dark and light tones, usuall process, composeing.. nothing interesting. :)

10 October 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Sleep of reason produces nightmares

as a palete i choosed some dark green -blues tones contrasting with fresh orange and whites. The reason was I'm trying to capture that old fashioned oil paintings style .

10 October 2007
The style and colours are incredible, the right side is a bit flat as for now and the husaria knight looks a bit better on the sketch imho, anywas the mood and old-school look(kinda reminds me of the thorgal comics) makes this piece unique. Go for the win!

10 October 2007
great style

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

10 October 2007
Love you style.

You come late...but you come wonderful.

Good luck.

10 October 2007
as always Tomasz it looks wonderful

Ze Blog

Steampunk
Uplift Universe
Strange Behavior

10 October 2007
piekna rzecz stary, pozdrawiam i powodzenia

10 October 2007
This is a true painting, what a mood...uncommon !!!

10 October 2007
o_O
This is gonna be grand!

10 October 2007
Very very interesting! Keep the good work coming!

10 October 2007
Final Image: Sleep of reason produces nightmares

Strange Behavior -hmm , can be everything ...and nothing, and I just love subjects like that - Once you read this title the gate to your imagination is wide open. And when you open that door really strange things might happen. So this was my idea for this challenge, pretty bad I didn't have time to take a part in this challenge because of some usuall things bothering me every day. Finally i found some time and just few days before deadline. A little extension of it was a plus ,as you can see im uploading final 2 days after previous deadline :/ . The main idea was described in WIP , but once more in short: I was trying to create my own version of Goya's "Sleep of reason produces monsters" , repleacing monsters with my own "nightmares" ,coz what else can be more "strange" than human mind itself and what can behave more strange that human imagination? - but don't worry is not that serious as it looks , as a matter of fact I was trying to be as much ironic as possible and make some fun of me and my life, because after all those "nightmares" which I illustrated here are meaning of my life and I love them. I don't think I should explain who they are each one of them , or should I? The Husar in the right corner , obviously my addict to military ,history paintings, He's standing there and checking if I felt asleep already or just thinking about new illustration, with sabre ready to cut my head of if my illustration will be too much "fatasy" insted "history accurate " , this guy is pain in my ...fingers. Next we have my long legged friend called "high heels fetish" - shes keep asking me about new pinup illustration all the time as I have nothing else to do :) And finally strange person sitting on a side of the bed , we can't see her face but i guess you did recognize her at first sight. Poor Bess Khala ,she's not even bothering me anymore to paint , I guess she lost all her faith that her story will be ever painted ... And so did I :(

That's it , thanx for reading and wish you all best luck in winning the contest .

10 October 2007
This turned out great. Love the mood and the details, Great modern twist on a classic.

Thread Closed share thread