Final Image TIFF uploads open

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 10 October 2007   #16
So the deadline for the challenge has been extended until Nov 15th? My counter yesterday said 1 day and 15 hours but it is now saying 17 days. I just want to be 100% sure so I dont go into adjusting things that would make it hard to complete if my timer is messed up.

Cheers!

Old 10 October 2007   #17
Yep, trust the timer

Old 10 October 2007   #18
Hi ALL I`m very disappointed with this 15 more days.

You are giving a chance to the disorganized people to win organized people. And you know that, we had a lot of time, and you know that too.

SO I`M NOT SURE IF I LL DO MORE CONTESTS IN CGTALK, even with the high prizes. And I hope the other peoples (organized) do the same.

Thank you very much, and I hope you understand me.

Bye.

Old 10 October 2007   #19
Rodrigo (banzato) - With all due respect my friend, I don't know exactly why you enter the challenges, but your reaction to an extension, though certainly understandable, is not exactly something you have to make note of. I myself was happy to awake on the intial set date of competition close expecting it to be over. But it wasn't... a full 2 week extension was given. I personally discovered the challenge late (september 29) started and finished on time. I am certainly dissapointed that my anxiety for the finish has been put on hold for 2 weeks , but there is no reason to be upset.

There are several people who have other things doing and some who just take longer than others. Whatever the reason may be why some are able to finish and others aren't doesn't matter, but at least a chance is given to them to complete what they have invested time working on. The challenge is not exactly a do or die, kill or be killed situation. We are all people and things happen. If it were you on the other side of things I believe you would be grateful instead of disappointed. Anything can be a reason for not making a deadline, not always disorganization... and again, things happen.

If you are concerned that someone else gets more time to realize their idea, which you might believe is better than yours in the end, then you are competing for the wrong reason my friend. I certainly hope that's not what really upsets you, especially with you being a teacher. More time equals more finished pieces, more finished piece equals more artist's work to be enjoyed.

You yourself have a lovely piece by the way. I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by Hiun : 11 November 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Old 11 November 2007   #20
Hiun -

Woww, this couldn't be explained in a better, and more mature way, I like the way you think my friend.

banzato -

I'm myslef a bit dissapointed for the extended deadline. Because it's more waiting and stress for me too. But I'm happy for the other artists, for the reasons Hiun described. When I run out of time for things, usually the deadlines are not extended, but like hiun said, things happen. If you are thinking that 2 extra weeks will be enough, after 4 months, for other people to beat you, then you don't believe in your piece as much as you are supposed to my friend.

also consider, for the developers, this community is for publishing books, and making money out of them. whicht is paying for the whole structure of the community, so it's normal for them to give more time in this extra interesting topic - for other artists to finish their illustrations. simply they want to print more images, make more money, and promote more up-and-coming artists and art. If the community doesnt make money, we won't be making anything here either...

I'm personally happy to see that the people that have supported me all the way, now have more time to detail/finish their own images as they'd like to. because i know how that goes: once the challenge ends, most of the unfinished pieces will be lost in shelves for not to be finished/explored forever... I'd rather see more good art in life, than getting angry over winning a challenge....

Best of luck with your entry...

Old 11 November 2007   #21
I have a question, can I show my final image for this event on other galleries? If not, when it's possible? i don't want to be disqualificated

Old 11 November 2007   #22
Uploading final image but warned about missing milestone images

This is the first time I've entered one of these challenges so I'm probably missing something obvious, but how do you upload concept/model milestone images? I'm currently uploading my final image as per the instructions but there's a message about missing milestone images. I've included these initial sketches and work in progress images in my forum thread, but do I need to upload them to the FTP server too?

For the next challenge I'll give myself more time to get organised.

Thanks.

Old 11 November 2007   #23
Uploading final image but warned about missing milestone images

This is the first time I've entered one of these challenges so I'm probably missing something obvious, but how do you upload concept/model milestone images? I'm currently uploading my final image as per the instructions but there's a message about missing milestone images. I've included these initial sketches and work in progress images in my forum thread, but do I need to upload them to the FTP server too?

For the next challenge I'll give myself more time to get organised.

Thanks.

Old 11 November 2007   #24
Hey my friend. Uploading Your Work-In-Progress has nothing to do with Uploading and SUBMITTING your FINAL Hi Res .TIFF file.

To submit your Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization, Line Art or Model, Final Image Milestones, you must go to SUBMIT ENTRY. When you upload each piece, you choose the specific related Milestone title. Once you have submitted all 3 milestones then you can upload the FINAL IMAGE (FULL RESOLUTION TIFF file which you will place in a zip file and assign it the name given when you log in to upload the Final Image). - All needed info stated.

DO NOT mistake UPLOAD FINAL IMAGE for the Submit Entry Milestone 'Final Image'.
Submit your milestones where it says Submit Entry which is Above Upload Final Image and below Team Management.

Hope this is clear. Good luck!

Old 11 November 2007   #25
Got it. Thanks.

Got it now. Thanks.

Next time I'll actually read the instructions!

Old 11 November 2007   #26
Originally Posted by maykrender: I have a question, can I show my final image for this event on other galleries? If not, when it's possible? i don't want to be disqualificated

Yes

Old 11 November 2007   #27
help uploading please!

Do I need to download a FTP Client software in order to upload my final tiff image? I got the name of the zip file, etc, but I don't know where do I finally upload. I tried putting the hostname as the url. Unfortunately I'm confused. This is all new to me.

Old 11 November 2007   #28
Smile

Originally Posted by smellmirra: Do I need to download a FTP Client software in order to upload my final tiff image? I got the name of the zip file, etc, but I don't know where do I finally upload. I tried putting the hostname as the url. Unfortunately I'm confused. This is all new to me.

don't worry ... if you're using Mozilla Firefox ...
> head over to this page and download the "FireFTP" add-on ...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684

> check out the preview images ...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...ns/previews/684

once installed, go to tools, you'll find FireFTP right there

> also, here's the link explaining everything about FireFTP and how to connect and transfer files to a remote server ..
http://fireftp.mozdev.org/help.html
see under "general usage" > "
How do I connect to an FTP server and use FireFTP to transfer files?"

hope this helps ya take care! n good luck!

Last edited by nwiz25 : 11 November 2007 at 11:41 AM.

Old 11 November 2007   #29
Talking Thank You!!

Originally Posted by nwiz25: don't worry ... if you're using Mozilla Firefox ...
> head over to this page and download the "FireFTP" add-on ...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684

> check out the preview images ...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...ns/previews/684

once installed, go to tools, you'll find FireFTP right there

> also, here's the link explaining everything about FireFTP and how to connect and transfer files to a remote server ..
http://fireftp.mozdev.org/help.html
see under "general usage" > "
How do I connect to an FTP server and use FireFTP to transfer files?"

hope this helps ya take care! n good luck!

That was so helpful! thank you! I followed all instructions on how to upload !

--- I FINALLY DID IT! hihihihih it appeared when I clicked on the Refresh button again. even though it didn't appear on the right side at the FTP directory (which I thought it was supposed to appear) Thank you so much. I' happy there's people like you who takes a little of your time to help out people like me that are new to this whole thing!

Last edited by elsaremund : 11 November 2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I did it!!!

Old 11 November 2007   #30
Smile

Originally Posted by smellmirra: That was so helpful! thank you! I followed all instructions on how to upload the file using the arrow, or right-clicking and 'upload', but after upload is completed it doesn't show up on the right side nor my image appears on the submit final image page when I click refresh. I'm I supposed to type in a directory? or is there something I missed? I'm connected to the challenge, typed in username and password, so I believe I'm in the right place.

most welcome! ... actually the uploading time will take a while ... also make sure the name that was provided by them for the .zip file has been entered correctly ... once the uploading process is complete, disconnect, close fireFTP and make your way through the 'upload image' section, enter your username / password carefully, further specifying the type of challenge, then finally entering your address ... your entry must be displayed there .. if not .. contact MIBUS as soon as possible!

good luck to you!

reply share thread