CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #31
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Send a message via MSN to Hiun
Neville (nwiz25) - Great to see you! Thanks a lot for your support, comments and critique To answer your question... Yes I can certainly do a combination. In fact, that is exactly what is going to happen I am going to pull the original back out from underneath all the later versions of my experiments. It's great to know what appeals to everyone because the input sure helps the decisive process along I greatly appreciate the input! As I move further along I hope to achieve something you touched on; being able to have the viewer grasp the meaning without having to read the background story. I hope to provide an updated visual soon.

Have a splendid day! Good to have you along for the ride.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #32
Korendo
Delirious Adventurer

portfolio
Ralph King
Instructional Media Designer, Free Lance Artist,
USA

Send a message via Yahoo to Korendo
Greetings Hiun,

Very deep, waxing poetic with quite a story and in the end I get the point! Your image has great soul and heart! It is refreshing to see an artist that is not afraid to blend technologies and media, way back when (long ago) some photographers got all upset when one altered a photograph. It is great to see this work unfold.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #33
OKMER
Melted cheese rules

portfolio
Remko Troost
Sr.concept artist & illustrator
Ubisoft Entertainment
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Greetings Hiun,

Very deep, waxing poetic with quite a story and in the end I get the point! Your image has great soul and heart! It is refreshing to see an artist that is not afraid to blend technologies and media, way back when (long ago) some photographers got all upset when one altered a photograph. It is great to see this work unfold.

YEp well just the same!Love it!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #34
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Ralph (Korendo) - Wow, I don't know what to say, thank you for the very generous comment. You have certainly boosted my already high enthusiasm. I hope to finish strong, and many many thanks for the support. It is great to have you along for the ride.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #35
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Remko (OKMER) - Love your work, especially that EON challenge piece. It's nice to have you stop by. I appreciate the support and encouragement. Feel free to offer any input, I welcome all!

Old 10-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #36
guterrez
Know-it-All
portfolio
Mathias Kollros
Student, Freelance Artist
University of Art
Linz, Austria

hey Hiun, thought I should also drop my 2 cents here if you don`t mind
first of all I like the idea alot; in the very first moment I thought it`s perhaps too much of a stereotype, but after I read your story I have this "yeah that`s cool"-grin^^

I liked your first version the most, the two bodies in this huge white bed, the bedcover waving around this wonderfull focal point, the red heart would come out really nice that way I think...very stylish and a bit of understatement

keep it coming man

Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #37
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Mathias (guterrez) - I accept your 2 cents, and I am now 2 cents richer I certainly don't mind at all, infact you were a great help. My biggest concern was straying too far away from the initial feel of the image, but the vast amount of white disturbed me. Now that I have got my canvas dirty I can think more clearly. I am more leaning towards pulling back to the intial, but still leaving traces of all the buildup I have done which should enhance the depth. I need to complete the figures too, I think that would help a lot in knowing how far to push and pull the paint around the focal point. You opinions are always welcome.

Much appreciated Mathias! Thanks a million and 2 cents! haha

Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #38
VitruvianMango
Veteran

Megan Nicole Dong
Diamond Bar, USA

Hey there. Thanks again for your comments! I really like what you've been doing with this piece. I think the imagery is very dramatic, and you're definitely communicating the ideas and emotions you've described. I also like the colors and textures you're incorporating into the image; it's very different from other paintings I've seen here. I'm curious to know how you're going to address the male figure (painting wise) or if you're going to leave him as is?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #39
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Megan (VitruvianMango) - Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me. I am glad you like the direction in which it is going. To answer your question... I won't leave the male as is, I am going to fully develop the figure, but he won't be as prominent as the female. After I fully develop the figures I will then be able to better relate them to the rest of the image. I am not able to see all the options available to me because the figures aren't fully developed; so that will be my next step. I can always subtract later on, but I best get my main subjects done soon

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and for supporting me Megan.
I wish you the best of productivity and a fantastic week!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #40
Ferx

portfolio
Fernando Porcel
Mexico City, Mexico

Send a message via MSN to Ferx
Thumbs up

Hey Kamal, that its a really evocative piece of art my friend, I like a lot your texture style painting, really cool!! Perhaps diminish the "chaotic" lines from the man face to the top of the canvas, only a comment Really great work mate!! Cheers!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #41
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Ferx - All comments are welcome friend Your input helps a lot, so whatever you have to offer I am all ears. I greatly appreciate you stopping by and providing your thoughts on the piece Thanks!
I wish you the best of productivity and a great week!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #42
Thaldir
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Tiziano Baracchi
illustrator
Sona, Italy

Send a message via MSN to Thaldir
Poetic, thoughtful and mesmerizing work, I'll definitely stay suscribed to this thread.

As for suggestions, I think you are on the right track by searching for a balance between the first version and the more dramatically colorful ones. It would be a pity to lose completely either the intimacy of the first version or the drama of the others.

Just my opinion, of course.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #43
ashiataka
3D Artist

portfolio
Y.Soner Yurtseven
TD
KrillStudios
Istanbul, Turkey

Send a message via MSN to ashiataka

Hi Kamal! You have an unique style, I'll watch your progress. Good luck! Cheers!

Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #44
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Tiziano (Thaldir) - Thank you so much for checking out my thread Tiziano, I greatly appreciate it. You are so right about it being a pity if I were to lose completely any of either versions. I am finding it difficult to narrow it down, mostly because I keep finding new interesting elements and in addition I am having so much fun with the process. Today was supposed to be my day to relax but here I am working on the piece You know how it is, once you start...... hahaha. Good thing is that I have found what it is I have been looking for (good thing I didn't relax afterall). I hope to share it soon.

Thanks again for the encouragement and I wish you a great week!

Old 10-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #45
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Ashiataka - Thanks a lot Ashiataka, great to have your support!

Thread Closed share thread