CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
gingi
Frequenter

portfolio
Lauri Tuulik
Designer and just basic painter
Tallinn, Estonia

this has probably been the most poetic-poem of painting so far really amazing, cheers! And best luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Send a message via MSN to Hiun
Gingi - Thanks a lot, I greatly appreciate the support

Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #18
painpainting
Veteran

portfolio
Arne Beitmann
Illustrator / Graphic-Designer
Berlin, Germany

Great concept, great image so far!!

I like this "wild" nature of that last image - so don't become too controlled

One thought from my side. The last image looks great, specially the moody darkness at the bottom und the clear white at the top. But the bedsheets (?) are nearly vanished, I couldn't recognize them if I wouldn't have seen the previous stages. I think it's helpfull to recognize them maybe a little more, to underline that they are lying and not standing - imo

I can't wait to see more progress

----
Arne

Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Thumbs up I agree

Arne (painpainting) - Thanks for the support and critique I too like the last image, but as you said, the sheets have disappeared and I will have to bring them back eventually. Another concern of mine that I noticed are the circles (graphics) that are too recognizable... I will have to destroy those also . I don't know where this will end up yet but getting your input sure helps a lot in making decisions. Thanks so much again!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #20
medunecer
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Marco Fantechi
Illustrator-Designer
MeduNecer
Rome, Italy

Send a message via MSN to medunecer
Hey Kamal! You're going in a good direction. I agree with gingi and I think this will be a great entry! Can't wait to see more!

Old 10-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #21
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Marco (medunecer) - Thank you so much for your encouragement and support. I am just as excited as you are to see more . I am trying to let the art talk to me, and direct my next step. I look forward to the next post, I hope you will enjoy.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
Jassar
Traditional, Digital

portfolio
Alhaitham Jassar
Freelancer
Atlanta, USA

Funny I didn't see this one before

The colors make me cheerful even though there's a dead man lol ! your concept is very creepy and great.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #23
Jeffparadox
Selaminaleykum

portfolio
Y. Jeff Treves
Director, Producer, Animator
Treves Studios
Istanbul, Turkey

Thumbs up

Hey Hiun,

First thanks a lot for stopping by my thread and leaving your generous comments dude... Secondly, I'm really impressed with the way you introduced your story, your explainations on the subject, and the level of symbolism in the image are just the right amount! I say that because I think it's hard to be successfull and not-cheezy, when people take on the topic of romantic relationships.

the way you handled the placement of the hart and other elements just works. your logical explainations for them already formed you a balanced composition itself. i like the poses and proximities. your canvas shape is pleasant, and energy of your collage is attracting. Your color comps look amazing; considering your story, I liked the purple-blue toned compositions better. I also see the lady being very soft and glowy, quietly washed in whitish colors, like you see in insurance or bank commercials, while the heart being sat red with blood splashes around it; though, that's just what i see Transitions from that softness at the top, to the crazy paint marvels towards the bottom will play a decisive role in this image I think. Keep it up!

Old 10-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
medunecer
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Marco Fantechi
Illustrator-Designer
MeduNecer
Rome, Italy

Send a message via MSN to medunecer
I will follow your updates for sure! ave a creative day!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #25
SideAche
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Cliff Cramp
Illustrator
Cliff Cramp Illustration
Buena Park, USA

I really like the play between the warms of the flesh and the cools elsewhere in the last two posts. Nice detail in the face. The back shoulder looks a bit odd, however it could be the deep cast shadow causing that. Nice work!

Facebook

Last edited by SideAche : 10-06-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #26
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Jassar - Haha, I am actually very happy you find it cheerful because that's exactly a feeling I want from it. It's not intended to be a sad moment, can go as far as warm, but not sad. Thanks for sharing your opinion, always welcome.

Jeff - Hey Jeff thank you so much for dropping by and sharing your insight, greatly appreciated; Very kind and uplifing comments. Nice that you mentioned your take on it and how you see it because I too like the purple-blue tone, which is actually meant to be the main colors. I like pushing things till they break and then step backward and see what works. I learnt something new from the last post (the wild graphical feel) and because of that I see where not to go . I will be stepping backward a little and warming up the background with a low saturated orange to compliment that blue and pull slight greens into the blue to compliment the purple and richen the feeling of the blue. At first what bothered me was the vast amount of white, but now that I have got rid of most of it, I can now see where I need to go. I will start pulling the white back in slowly after warming the entire image and setting in the main focus colors (Blue-purple). Let me know what you think?

Marco (medunecer) - Excellent, I will be following along with your updates as well. Great to have you along Marco! You too have a creative day!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #27
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Cliff (SideAche) - Thank you so much for your input and critique. Nice eye on the shoulder, it does seem to have separated away from the arm (resulting cast shadow from some kind of super dramatic lighting, haha) Need not worry, I am going to pull the figure out from all the chaos, so that area won't be so deep. Great you noticed that because I could have missed it. Thanks a lot! Nice to have you along.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #28
Omnidzyne
Veteran

portfolio
Daniel Hagans
Baltimore, USA

Tools

What are you using to create this piece?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #29
nwiz25
mouseman

portfolio
neville dsouza
game artist
Reliance Games pvt.ltd
Pune, India

Send a message via Yahoo to nwiz25
Thumbs up

wonderful colours! plus the fabric folds are simple fantastic!

can you do a combination? ... like keeping the fabric in #12 and overlaying the colours present in your latest update .. somehow the details in fabric are fading into the black area and crops ...
your work has got a deep meaning .. but im not able to pin point what it is ... very very curious to know about it .. and the next steps too

cheers dude! god bless ya!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #30
Hiun
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kamal Khalil
Jamaica

Daniel (Omnidzyne) - The software I am using to create the entire piece is Corel Painter X

Thread Closed share thread