Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Juan Pablo Monroy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #16
Hi Juan Pablo, concept is very creative, I like your colour pallette on sketches so much. On the final image, this would be a nice image and watching your progress would me cheerful. Cheers and have more fun!

Old 09 September 2007   #17
nice update! Interesting creatures

Steampunk Myths n Legends

Old 09 September 2007   #18
thanks digital-bobert, ashiataka! Yes hopefully i'll start it up again. These past few days I've been kinda tied up so derfinitely this week ill add more interesenting updates. I was battling with the composition and camara angle for the piece too - I feel that if I do go with a similar composition to my sketches i'll have too much empty space in between the characters.... I'll try and figure it out and post semething good. If you guys have any comments...... you know the deal
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Old 09 September 2007   #19
Dude!! the first one rocks!!! I love how it has its own flair. The monsters are sick!! the only thing I would suggest is fixing the compostiton because it doesnt really leave anything for ones imagination. Maybe try to do it from another angle. Other than that it looks pretty cool.
The other one that I really liked was the one about the "number one fan". Im not sure what sport it is you envisioned but the first thing that came to mind for me was soccer. I really like the fact that it shows so much action and movement... truly great!
Good job man, you have a great style

Old 09 September 2007   #20
hahahah, very funny concept. And you got a superb style of drawing. maybe the front protestors are a little too close to the creatures, but like you said, it'll be a lot clearer once the painting starts.

Old 09 September 2007   #21
Great concept art work, very cool. Can't wait to see that they are protesting!

Old 09 September 2007   #22
great technique man, I like your characters and your portfolio a lot
looks like a promising thread

Old 10 October 2007   #23
Sorry to hear you can't complete, hope to see more of you work later.

All the best!

Last edited by Korendo : 10 October 2007 at 12:02 AM.

Old 10 October 2007   #24
Thanks guys for droping by! undfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to finish this concept cuz I got way to much stuff going on. I really wanted to try and submit something, but just didnt find the time to work into it. Everybody else's work is looking fantastic - I can't wait to see the finished pieces!
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Old 10 October 2007   #25
hey,
just to say that your lines are beautifuls,

maybe the next challenge ?

jocz-

Old 10 October 2007   #26
thanks jocz, Korendo! well, with that deadline extention I might just come back in. I've been working on a painting idea that sort of suits Strange Behavior. I still like the other idea, but time wise I dont have enough for the greenpeace one. So, I'll try and go with this new one and see how far I can get it. I guess its better than not turning in nothing at all....
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Old 10 October 2007   #27
Go for it!

Hi Juan,

Glad to hear you can take advantage of the extra time. Best of luck!

Old 11 November 2007   #28
Line Art or Model: No title yet

Ok, so here we go again. Hopefully I keep to my promises this time and finish this concept. It's a definite departure from my previous ideas and it has a much darker and grimmer theme. The image itself, will be pretty simple with the main character on the left side and a simple wall with a doorway as the main compositional elements. I'll post some more WIP's this week (I promise) and hopefully be done by the deadline. Anyway, I can only admire and wish I had worked as hard as you guys on this competition. Congratulations to those with a finished piece!
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Old 11 November 2007   #29
Very very very nice sketches jpmonroyal!
That first concept really made me laugh out loud
Nice start on the second one.

Old 11 November 2007   #30
this should be really nice when its done. i hope you get it done! best of luck.

Thread Closed share thread