Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Juan Pablo Monroy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2007
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Juan Pablo Monroy

Juan Pablo Monroy is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Death of a Painting - Story
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: None yet

Well, here are my first concepts. Havent had that much time to work on the image, so here are a couple of simple character ideas. The image itself (or the idea) will basically revolve around the character with the backpack. It'll definitely have lots of monsters, warriors and swords but no violence.... I'll work on the idea a bit more and post a concept pretty soon. I've also looked at Gary Larson's work a lot for "comic inspiration" and maybe something can come out of his evolution series?? Anyway, the images posted here by everyone else are so inspiring (and funny) which means i gotta get to work - and work hard.
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: None yet

Cadejo (evil dog) concept. This again, is a very loose idea of what I want some of the creatures to look like.
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

09 September 2007
Hola Juan Pablo, really cool sketches, i like your style mate, really nice! Best of luck and looking forward for more updates about your concepts!!

09 September 2007
Thumbs up

WOW! nice sketches.........................really nice, bro.

09 September 2007
I like your style! can't wait to see your concept.

Cheers

09 September 2007
its so great to see another talented artist joining this challenge! Character designs u've made r really something, I love every one of them. Great expressions and dynamic, as well as ur style with all those rich texture brushes. Keep posting, cant wait to see what will come out

DW V 2d

09 September 2007
great technique man, I like your characters and your portfolio a lot
looks like a promising thread
cheers,
Mathias

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: still no title

yet another creature concept - cant have to many of these.
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

09 September 2007
thanks alot for the comments guys! hopefully i'll have a concept on the strange behaviour idea by tonight. I'm going for a somewhat stylized look so we'll see how I do with that.
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

09 September 2007
that cadejo is wicked, man. things seem to be progressing nicely.... but what is your concept?

09 September 2007
wow... those monster concepts look impresive, I'll be looking forward for your next updates and for seeing how will the whole image look!!

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: #1 fan

By jpmonroyal

This is just a simple concept I had on my mind since I first read about the challenge. I probably wont do this image, but I still kinda like the idea a bit...
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Last edited by unf0rg1v3n : 09 September 2007 at 09:11 PM.

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: no title yet

OK, so here is the first REAL concept. The idea for this piece is of protesters preventing several warriors from attacking evil mythical creatures. This is sort of a new venture for greenpeace....
The fantasy art greenpeace agent operatives(?)will definitely stand out from the warriors and creatures with their matching shirts, cargo shorts and huge backpacks. So anyway, I hope its funny, but most of all strange. Again, this idea is not set, so if anybody feels something's fishy just post it up.
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: no title yet....

I know its kind of hard to see whats going on without any color, value or decent size, so here is a closeup that might help. Just a note on the creatures - some of them are pretty well known and others are mythical creatures from Guatemalan folklore and other LAtin American myths. I'll post some information on the creatures later on so that everyone understands....

Hopefully you guys can sort of get whats going on. I really want the strange behavior to be bluntly apparent so if it doesn't feel like that please crit.
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Thread Closed share thread