Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Ralph King

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2007   #16
Talking

Hi Ralph! Great Idea! You got the whole concept in the best category possible! So strange…and funny!! Love the pickle guys maybe they need a bit more of shiny bumpy parts since they all just poop up from the water! And the Presley guy he is Hilarious! I also will suggest you add some contrast to the white cloth since it’s a bit to bright, as for the composition, I think Jeff suggestion, would help, but its all about what’s the impact you want to take in your image!

Old 10 October 2007   #17
Greetings Jeff,

Thank you so much for the great feedback I truly treasure it. I will examine the symmetry suggestion, and maybe tweak the scale here and there while I still can. I have experimented and posted some canvas resizing comparisons and I want to add a bit more space. But my ancient PC bulked when I added more pixels so adding more canvas space will be one of the last steps.

Old 10 October 2007   #18
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AxelAlonso: Hi Ralph! Great Idea! You got the whole concept in the best category possible! So strange…and funny!! Love the pickle guys maybe they need a bit more of shiny bumpy parts since they all just poop up from the water! And the Presley guy he is Hilarious! I also will suggest you add some contrast to the white cloth since it’s a bit to bright, as for the composition, I think Jeff suggestion, would help, but its all about what’s the impact you want to take in your image!

Greetings Axel,

Wow that is quite a complement! Thank you also for taking the time to share your highly constructive suggestions. You are 100% correct regarding the refinements I should make, for bumps and shin for the pickle guys and the out of control whites. I have been looking at it so long, that your suggestions bring new insights to what to improve.

Again thanks,

Old 10 October 2007   #19
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AxelAlonso: Hi Ralph! Great Idea! You got the whole concept in the best category possible! So strange…and funny!! Love the pickle guys maybe they need a bit more of shiny bumpy parts since they all just poop up from the water! And the Presley guy he is Hilarious! I also will suggest you add some contrast to the white cloth since it’s a bit to bright, as for the composition, I think Jeff suggestion, would help, but its all about what’s the impact you want to take in your image!

Greetings Axel,

Wow that is quite a complement! Thank you also for taking the time to share your highly constructive suggestions. You are 100% correct regarding the refinements I should make, for bumps and shin for the pickle guys and the out of control whites. I have been looking at it so long, that your suggestions bring new insights to what to improve.

Again thanks,

Old 10 October 2007   #20
This is very strange, not sure where to start. Your idea is ridiculous, humorous and crazy among other adjectives It's awesome! Keep going

Old 10 October 2007   #21
Seconded! (just so that I don't quote Hiun word-for-word).

Your very special brand of artistic crazyness needs to be adequately shown to the world. Otherwise I'll just unleash an horde of commando faeries at you, until you see the light and finish your piece...

Old 10 October 2007   #22
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Presley Plumbers (The King Unplugged)

Composition - I Stand Like Dandruff on the Shoulders of Giants (I may have heard this saying somewhere else)

Thank you Thildir - Grand Load of the Posts and High Artist Extraordinary for your words of encouragement and the added boast that only Commando Faeries can provide.

I had a titan struggle with the composition; layer’s flying this way and that sparks flying out of my PC. Captain Kirk orders warp nine! Scotty “captain the engines can’t take anymore! Spock “We have entered a illogical dimension.” With the threat of commando faeries pending I know the pressure is on.

Well anyway, not only do I want the figures to resemble Frezetta’s work I want the painting style to be a humble imitation of Frank Frezetta. Much of what exemplified Frezetta’s work are the incredible dynamic figures, classical compositions, strong center of focus, action potential, painterly approach and lack of unneeded detail, among many other positive attributes. At the same time I want to inject the pathos of Elvis, I have added a few palm trees with X-mas lights, a-la Las Vegas or something like that. So how would Frank interrupt his work with Elvis impersonators, and what would Elvis suggest to emphasis his self-image within this context? I stand like dandruff on the shoulders of giants.

Has anyone gotten the mystic FTP upload information?? Is this like the Matrix and we have to crack the code to the Zion Mainframe?

Last edited by Korendo : 10 October 2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Tweak

Old 10 October 2007   #23
Hahahaha... I felt the same way about the FTP thing. I was told to just get one of the ftp programs, I downloaded a free one which allows a 1GB I believe of upload. I hope I can finish early enough to know if it works or not so I don't endanger myself. But some info from those who have done it before would be great... Very nice question. But to be honest I am a little in the dark too as I have never used it

Old 10 October 2007   #24
Quote: Has anyone gotten the mystic FTP upload information?? Is this like the Matrix and we have to crack the code to the Zion Mainframe?

I was wondering the same thing, if I recall, last time the FTP uploading was activated about 3 weeks before the deadline, more or less, so it should be just about...now!... (snaps fingers and waits expectantly).

Old 10 October 2007   #25
Originally Posted by Thaldir: I was wondering the same thing, if I recall, last time the FTP uploading was activated about 3 weeks before the deadline, more or less, so it should be just about...now!... (snaps fingers and waits expectantly).

Thanks Hiun and Thaldir I thought I might have missed a E-mail or was even deeper into the twilight zone.

Last edited by Korendo : 10 October 2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Update

Old 10 October 2007   #26
hehehe... love the Elvis zombies

Steampunk Myths n Legends

Old 10 October 2007   #27
Thanks

Thanks man for stopping by! glad you like my work. Your idea is just so strange, like it and looking forward to seeing more!

See you around

StrangeB - Kamikaznail

Linus Persson.com

Old 10 October 2007   #28
Hi Ralph! about the question I have no idea! but some people do ! and dont want to tell! haha! The way you write its so fantastic! I would want to see all this in animation for sure! I love that awfull brown water! please keep posting!

Old 10 October 2007   #29
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Presley Plumbers

More WIP, expanded canvas

Old 10 October 2007   #30
Hey Ralph, the expanded canvas works really well, I love that the plumbers have more mud for work and the palms with lights is a cool touch !! ( Viva Las Vegas!!! ). Perhaps the giant presley plumber can carry a sort of lamp ( or show reflector ), or scratching the head with the left hand, only a comment

And a question, what song is singing Elvis?

Again, really great and cool work!! Cheers

Thread Closed share thread