Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Mathias Kollros

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #31
Awesome!

Excellent work, I love your style

Old 09 September 2007   #32
Wow that's a great image. Light is superb, very cheerful concept. I'll keep looking for the progress and sure that would be very artistic. Good luck! Cheers!

Old 09 September 2007   #33
Great art work! The idea is very funny. It brung a big smile to my face.

Old 09 September 2007   #34
wow, great painting skills! very nice idea, I keep my eyes on this one too

Old 09 September 2007   #35
Your picture has a fantastic mood.

I am afraid to mention it as you look along way along with your painting, but I wonder would it be too much of a cliche if the orc on the left side was pouring tea from the teapot into the cup held by the other orc? This might make it clearer that the orcs are part of the teaparty, rather than just being curious about something they have found.

Old 09 September 2007   #36
Interesting

Strange and original

Old 09 September 2007   #37
thx for all the great comments, very appreciated
I`m glad that you like the idea

Ordibble: I`ve also thought that this would be a nice idea; at the moment I want him to hold some knitting stuff in one hand and the other one layed around the bunny...but I guess I`ll do both versions and look which one is better for the composition

I`ll try to post an update today,
cheers

Old 09 September 2007   #38
Amazing!! One of my favourites.
I will just add one of my impressions: maybe the composition is pulling to the left; maybe there should be a positive value on the right side of the monster that is drinking, maybe his hand is not enough; maybe.

Old 09 September 2007   #39
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: wip

hey guys
here`s a little update; the left orc is now holding the tea can just as Ordibble suggested, it fits the scene better
and I`ve also worked on his face and the pupets
Anatomista: you`re right, I think I`ll paint the orks weapon or other equipement in the upper right corner
there`s still lots of stuff missing, I want to get the scene as full of life as possible
cheers

Last edited by guterrez : 09 September 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #40
wow...I am so glad see your update .....mr.guterrez......I love that moppet ...very nice painting...Keep up the good work....cheers..... ....

Old 09 September 2007   #41
Hey Mathias, thats great!!, i like a lot your lighting and the bunny and the doll are a cool detail! great!! . I think the orc holding the tea cup has well care nails, maybe that is the idea . About the composition, I think you need to extend your canvas and put upper space, so far I have the sensation of which the orcs are in a very very small cave or room, only a comment
Again, really great work mate!! Cheers

Old 09 September 2007   #42
Excellent work !! That's very funny and a bit scary at the same time ! The painting is great, i also like the mood/colors, and the design of the characters ( which include the dolls ) is great too ! Well done !

Old 09 September 2007   #43
This is by far the best piece i've seen in this challenge so far, i was looking at your portfolio and it's seems that with this piece you pushed yourself to a way higher level in painting skills, the whole mood, colors, faces are just brilliant, try not to get the composition too busy with unnecessary details tough. The rabbit needs a small perspective change, this piece smells first place to me, keep it up.

Old 09 September 2007   #44
Guterrez, beutiful painting! the mood, and the painterly style are really unique. The strange behavior concept is great and instantly apparent. 5 stars!
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Old 09 September 2007   #45
Hey, this is one of my favorite strange behaivor entries !! nice job

his left had doesn't look as good as the rest of the picture.... let me give you an example. Their faces and cloths are all scarred and haggard, wrinkles everywhere, showing wear and tear... however his hand is very smooth and almost manicured ..... that in itself is strange behaivor for these guys. it would look cooler to have this massive scarred dirtied grotesque hand holding a dainty tea cup with his pinky extended skyward.

great painting.!

Thread Closed share thread