Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alon Chou

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #31
great work!! i love your idea

keep up the good job!!

Old 09 September 2007   #32
Smile

Thank you guys! thank you for all your comment!

walrus:
wow, you are realy impressed me! you remembered what I mentioned about the unknown race!thank you for your detailed analyze, I appreciate that very much,it's very useful!

first, the wall painting is really not good, you are right, it's looks like so Egypt, and not sutible for whole of the picture,I 'll change that, because it's also not pretty.

the second, I am not sure about the kng's mouth what you mentioned, "upset"? you mean he looks too dispirited or ...? his eyes is looking up, maybe the pictur is not big enough, some thing can't be see clearly.

and you point a key point, one man's gaze on the woman, I think that's a mistake, in fact I want to let him to see the drink, I think the problem is on the angle of his head, I'll change it lightly lower. in my concept she can't be see, so that's why the slaves so astonished,afeard and not to know what to do. and everyone are the same.

concerning the " ghost", I am sorry about that, all you friends think she is a " ghost", actually, in my concept she is a "goddess" ha ha...... she always hide herself in the wall painting and she has some power of the kingdom, but at this time she want to run out of the wall and do something naughty, the wall painting should be her. but all my friends can't recognise that, I will improve that, ha ah..

anyway thank you for all your comment!

Last edited by AlonChou : 09 September 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #33
Mr Alon Chou..... wooooww I love it !! great!! awesome expression for your characteres ! The servant expression capture really nice the "little error" moment and the "goddess" is lovely and wicked, cool mate!! Perhapas a bit more body lenguage on the king, when i first see the sketch i think he wants to take the "wine shower" Maybe raising her hands and turning the head to the servant, only a comment , again awesome work mate!!

Old 09 September 2007   #34
wow, your anatomic skills are amazing , I really like your scene... very original.

Cheers!

Old 09 September 2007   #35
Ferx: Thank you for your comment, I think you are right for the king,
maybe do some alter to his 's pose and the face's angle, it will be more vivid,
thanks!

Old 09 September 2007   #36
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: change the king and servant

hey guys:
I changed both the king and the servant's pose and faces, I think that will more vivid.

the king's facial expression is changed to look up more, and face turn left a little bit, his hand is holding a cup, because he want a drink, and he thought
he will get a cup of wine, but the bed thing happened....

the servant's facial expression is more scare, that's will let viewer feel that how bad is the situation.

Old 09 September 2007   #37
you`re really awesome in doing expressions, but even this new one looks great I liked this silent anger of the king more in the earlier version and also the servants face (I guess cause it was looking funnier and not so dead serious)
great job anyway, can`t wait to see your coloring for this piece
cheers

Old 09 September 2007   #38
Smile

guterrez:
thank you for your comment, "silent anger "of th king, I think it's a good suggestion.

Old 09 September 2007   #39
This is going to look goooood!
I also like the earlier expression of the king best, maybe exaggerate it a bit more, making him look more shocked, angry and surprised (bigger eyes maybe).
Anyway, I love it already!

Old 09 September 2007   #40
Hey AlonChou, I like a lot the new expression for the king, cool man! Maybe the expressions for the servant in the early version is a bit funny, but both expression are great mate!
About the guterrez´s nice suggestion of "silent anger" for me the best reference is the "silent anger" of Hardy in the old old but great great movies of "Laurel & Hardy" , only a comment
Once again great and awesome work mate!!

Old 09 September 2007   #41
It's looking fantastic!
The anatomy of the servant pouring the drink is beautiful.
I don't know which of the king's expression I prefer, both have that comedic touch , but the first one is definitely more slap-stick comedy.
Lots of great work so far!

Old 09 September 2007   #42
you've got great painting skills, obvious that its very natural to you. Also I like the humor in your concept. I'm really enjoying this thread..

Old 09 September 2007   #43
Smile

Thank you all my friends!

I integrate all your comments, I think the pose and angle of the king first one is better,
but he have to be exaggerate and shocked a bit more,
and the first servent's face is more funny, I think I got a good conclusion from you!
Thank you mate! hope to hear more adivice form you, thanks!

Old 09 September 2007   #44
holy~didnt see this coming.nice and funny concept ,i really like the characters expression,ur exceptionally good in this
dang~i wish i have time for the challenge,havent been updating mine for awhile..:P

nontheless,i will keep lurking into ur thread for more updates

Old 09 September 2007   #45
Hey Alon

WoW, I love this. very powerfull Characters. I have just one little sugestion, maybe the lord break the cup, for display the angriness of the lord. anyway, fantastic idea and progress, one of my favorites. all the best!

Thread Closed share thread