Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alon Chou

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #16
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: sketch of the king

I sketched the king again,I want to make him has terrible appearance but also funny, It seems like some thing happen to him.

Old 08 August 2007   #17
really nice costume work, love the sketches great expressions

Old 08 August 2007   #18
keep it coming!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 08 August 2007   #19
Smile

Thank you HFix, Gord!

Old 08 August 2007   #20
Really nice sketches! Waiting for more from you.

Old 08 August 2007   #21
Thumbs up Wow

I love it! The sketches are both mystical and Savage I like it!
I can't wait to see more!

JAkeDAMus

Old 09 September 2007   #22
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: the sketch of the main characters

the story was happened on the three main characters, the woman play a joke on the follower of the king. they will wear the dressing latter. and this is a part of the composition.

Last edited by AlonChou : 09 September 2007 at 05:47 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #23
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: background sketch

I try to sketch and concept the background.

Old 09 September 2007   #24
Line Art or Model: whole composition

This is my whole composition, the goddess run out of the wall-painting
back of the king, and she make fun of the follower, she is raising his hand and pouring the wine on the king's head, Obviously it frightened the follower, everybody run away, because they know that: he will die!

Last edited by AlonChou : 09 September 2007 at 04:09 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #25
Line Art or Model: the b/w painting of the main characters

This is the feature of part composition, the goddess run out of the wall-painting
back of the king, and she make fun of the follower, she is raising his hand and pouring the wine on the king's head, Obviously it frightened the follower, others run away, because everybody know that: he will die!

Last edited by AlonChou : 09 September 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #26
Okay...! I 've been watching you uploading various character sketches but wasn't really sure how the whole thing was supposed to come together... and now I totally get it! Very cool! The expressions really make this picture, but especially hers. How mischievious! The only one really lacking a strong expression is the king. His mouth looks upset, but I can't tell what his eyes are doing. And if someone spilled something on your head, wouldn't you flinch, or look up, or glare or something? I would, but then, I'm not nobility.

You mentioned earlier about this being an unknown race. I think the costumes and architecture all support that :They look beleivable but not linkable to anything specific. However, the painting on the back wall feels very Egyptian to me... So Egyptian, in fact, that seeing it confuses me, because then I think "Wait, the rest of their outfits and their faces aren't Egyptian... Are they supposed to be Egyptian? Huh!?" Maybe something a with 37% less Egyptian, and about 24% more Mongolian and 5% more Chinesemight serve you better.

One last note - the man 2nd from the right looks like he's looking right at the ghost-woman. Just an idea, but it might be nice if he were looking slightly lower at the man pouring the drink... as though no one can see the ghost even though she's causing trouble. Or at least raising the question of whether anyone can see the ghost because we wouldn't be sure. Now it just seems like the ghost can be seen because of that one man's gaze, and there's a lot less mystery abotu why the drink is being spilled on the king.

Anyhow, now I'm really looking forward to more work on this, it's really terrific! Good luck!

Last edited by walrus : 09 September 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #27
wow looking really cool... i ema the expreassion on the slave's face is priceless... and also love the expression on the naughty ghost girl too... very imaginativ and interesting concept... the values are working very good... keep up the progress.. wanna c this finish!!

Old 09 September 2007   #28
No crits......what will get the viewers attention is the expressions and the immediate action. You've obviously asked freinds to pose, because the facial anatomy is spot on for the expressions. It's looking as if it's going to be a lovely bit of work.

Paul

Old 09 September 2007   #29
wow this drawing is amazing! I love the expression on all their faces...all very convincing. The one of the servant cracks me up! Also you did a great job on the ghost as well...its seems like that would be hard to me. lol ANyway Love the concept and the drawing!

2d wip 'A Simple Stroll'

2d wip 'Allure'

Old 09 September 2007   #30
impressive work, one of my favorites so far
it`s such a perfect scene you built here, awesome to see your process

Thread Closed share thread