Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Darko Hanzic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
Final Image: Scarecrow_final

Story:
Because of the polluted water in the nearby area the crows have mutated. The environment filled with radiation caused the birds to become aggressive. So they wreak their anger upon nearby scarecrow, who frightened them. Scarecrow tries to escape, but it is stuck in the mud. The rest is your own imagination :)

I call this the final image. At some point you just have to say it is done, or otherwise you are constantly changing something:)) Comments and critiques are appreciated.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

11 November 2007
Yes, the textures are great !
You did also a great job on compositing !
A really nice final piece !
Congrats Darko !

11 November 2007
Thumbs up

congratulations mate! very informative work flow! the way you handled everything with the modeling job and texturing is really cool and well planned! wishing you the very best of luck! cheers!

11 November 2007
Great work, I think you have a good eye for detail. I am impressed with it I only have one opinion about the toxic sludge that you have in the ground. I would make it stand out more because the sludge helps tell the story completely with out a naritve. The sludge also explains the reason why the scarcrow is alive to begin with. Of coarse its only one mans opinion

11 November 2007
Great piece! The color palette and the light is awesome. Very well done. I'm sorry for the scarecrow, poor little thing. I have enjoy the process a lot, the ligh, the textures... Good Luck!

11 November 2007
Indeed very nice and well executed work man!Congratz on a great finish! Cheers!

11 November 2007
This looks like a winner to me...love the mood

congrats
tumblr
youtube

11 November 2007
Hey Darko, simply incredible image!! I love the whole concept. Awesome polluted environment! Superb light and atmosphere and cool composition. I like a lot your style and your palette!! The expression for the scarecrow is great!! Congratulations for this amazing and superb artwork!!, surely one of my favs! and best of luck!! Cheers mate!!

11 November 2007
gpepper: Thanx for the replay man. I really appriciate your feedback.

nwiz25: Thanx mate. I am glad you like the workflow. To be honest it wasn't exactly planed from start to finish, the way it looks now. It was more like trial and error and adding stuff that looks good. It is basicly the first full image, and I did alot of experiments to come up with final look. The hardest part was to render and composite the whole scene. I learned alot and I plan to do full tutorial in near future.

Artisan-Hawks: Thank you for your constructive reply. I am happy that you like the final image. I wanted to emphasis the toxic sludge, but it was way to agressive and the picture lost it's focus. It would stick out too much if you look it from far. Thanx for you observation.

Nemesix: Thanx man. I am glad you like the colors and lightning. It was also my favourite color choice. Maybe scarecrow will eventually run away Who knows?

OKMER: Thanx mate for your kind words. I am happy also that I went trough the finish line.

THECLYKE: Thanx man. For me. Finishing the picture is already a big win.

Ferx: wow you are making me blush with your kind words. I sure am happy that you apricate my image so much. Thanx.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

11 November 2007
Hi Darko! Great image and concept and texturing and modeling and everything! I hope you don't live too close to the Krsko powerplant though

:: www.vatrobot.com ::

12 December 2007
Still one of the best, I just admire the amount of detail-work...

:: www.vatrobot.com ::

12 December 2007
Hey Vatrobot. Sorry for the late replay. I have been very buisy. thanx for the kind words man, I really apriciate it. Fortunatly I don't live to close to Krsko, so I am fine, or am I?

But lately there has been so much talk about environmental problems, and us destroying it, that I had to make something that will reflect todays main topic. And Krsko power plant served as an inspiration about radioactive vaste.

12 December 2007
very interesting image, well done

cheers
Mark

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

12 December 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread