Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Darko Hanzic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2007   #31
Line Art or Model: scarecrow_details1

Hey guys.

Because The deadline has been extended, I did some more changes to the overall image. The character has tilted head . Birds are more dynamic. I added new flock. The ground have new bump map. Most of the stuff has now ambient occlusion pass overlayed. I was playing with the fog and environment abit more to change the mood of the picture. Here are some of the close up shots.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

Old 11 November 2007   #32
Line Art or Model: scarecrow_details2

More stuff.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

Old 11 November 2007   #33
Final Image: Final image

Update bellow:

Last edited by Warhawk : 11 November 2007 at 11:24 AM.

Old 11 November 2007   #34
AMAZING FINAL! very detaliled. I Like a lot the "classic illustration" look. Everything look very "painted". Great work on the palette too!! the graphic works well with the idea...cool.

B-movie

Old 11 November 2007   #35
Nice Picture. Very dramatic mood, I like it. Beautiful color scheme.
The Lightning is not very accurate because the sun position but who really cares...
I definetly like the symbolism about black birds and scarecrow.

Myspace carbone3d

...always seeking intelligent Lifeform on Earth...

Old 11 November 2007   #36
Awesome picture ! The character is excellent ! Great modeling and texturing job !

Old 11 November 2007   #37
OZ: Thanx for the kind words man. I really appriciate it. I was not too sure about the color pallete at first. But when I was combining more elements togheter, this where the most suitabile colors I could find.

Carbone: Thanx man. You are right about the lightning, hehe. Now that I look at it The sun should be more on the left. At first the initial idea was to do the main light from back, but because the resaults where not satisfactory, I changed the light direction. Thanx for pointing that out. It is so nice you noticed symbolism between birds and scarecrow.

gpepper: Thank you for encouraging words. The character was the hardest part to come up with, I am glad you like it. I will soon post some textures that I used in the scene.

Old 11 November 2007   #38
the skare crow affraid of crows?!!that's a very nice idea in my opinion!good luck on final judgement!

Old 11 November 2007   #39
Hi Darko! All the detailed modeling and texturing are great. The expression on the scarecrow is very well done. Congratulations on finishing this fantastic piece with creative idea! Cheers!

Old 11 November 2007   #40
wow.

this is brutal. awesome details. i see you are a game artist.....i bet that is a fun job.

Old 11 November 2007   #41
Hei Darko
Amazing , wonderful , awesome , really good .At the first sight I didn't see it was 3d.
If all 3D could be like that . Bravo and good luck

Ze Blog

Steampunk
Uplift Universe
Strange Behavior

Old 11 November 2007   #42
DougFerreira: Thanx for the encouraging words. I had a lot of diffrent ideas, but this one was the most dominant. so I decided to pursuit it. Good luck to you too.

ashiataka: I really appreciate your kind words. Texturing was probably the most time consuming part and I really wanted to go into details and try to go one step further, than usual. Good luck with the challange man.

r1-381: Hey man. Thanx for your words. I learned alot working on games, and you would be suprised how tehnical game developement can be. But all in all it is fun and you always learn something new.

scala:I really appreciate your words. I am glad you like it. 3D can sometimes be tricky to do right, infact this is my first full image with story to tell.

Old 11 November 2007   #43
Line Art or Model: scarecrow_textures1

Here are some of the color textures I did for the scene.

Old 11 November 2007   #44
Line Art or Model: scarecrow_textures2

Normal maps generated from models and or painted from height map, for additional details.

Old 11 November 2007   #45
Line Art or Model: scarecrow_layers_scene01

simplified view of layers in photoshop, just to show how was it all composited into final image. Most of the models have been rendered separately with specular, reflection, shadow and ambient occlusion passes. Than composited in photoshop. Some of the effects, shadows, fog and reflections have been painted. Backround is a combination of photos and painting.

Thread Closed share thread