Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Darko Hanzic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
Line Art or Model: crow_03

crow.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

09 September 2007
Line Art or Model: crow_texturing

I have been working on the crow texture. It is slowly getting there. Still lots of stuff to do on the color texture. I will also add planes with fur to create fur effect.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

09 September 2007
Excellent job Darko !
The concept is funny.
I like the work you have done with the scarecrow and the work with specially the crow itself !

09 September 2007
This is looking really good. Very nice modeling and texturing. Can't wait to see it start to come together.

09 September 2007
gpepper: Thanx for the kind words mate, I will do my best to finish this picture.

miketche:Thanke you for the replay. I already have the finished picture in my mind, so now is just the realizing part

09 September 2007
great looking crow really luving the texture! gluck with the challenge!

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: scare_wip07

jicks: Thanx for the encouraging words man. Good luck to you too.

I did some more work on scarecrow. This is the wip process in zbrush. I already had a good base mesh, so this was very quickly. I used high poly to bake normal maps, which will substitute bump map.

Last edited by Warhawk : 10 October 2007 at 07:16 AM.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: scare_wip08

Final high poly mesh in Zbrush. I did piece by piece for easier baking inside maya. I used transfer maps to bake normal map.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: scare_wip09

The next step is texture. I will add some more material variation, once texture is finished. Still lot's of stuff to paint.Coments and critiques are much appretiated.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: Wireframe and camera position

I had more time to work on my picture. Here is the final camera position and some of the elements which will make the final picture.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: wheat, grass and floor render test

A test render of a scene. And lightning.

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: Scarecrow render with textures and shaders

A test render for scarecrow, which will be composited in photoshop. Coments and critiques are appreciated.

10 October 2007
WOW! cool stuff! Very good mood in this image! i like it a lot and the idea is simple but very cool!

B-movie

10 October 2007
Final Image: Scarecrow_almostfinal:)

After sleepless nights and long lasting hours behind my monitor, I finally managed to finish this illustration. I would like to thank everyone who supported me and gave me some feedback.

Story:
Because of the polluted water in the nearby area the crows have mutated. The environment filled with radiation coused the birds to become aggressive. So they wreak their anger upon nearby scarecrow, who frightened them. Scarecrow tries to escape, but it is stuck in the mud. The rest is your own imagination :)

Good luck to all participant in this challenge. It was fun ride and I learned alot. I will post more work in progress as soon as I get my sleep.

Last edited by Warhawk : 10 October 2007 at 08:09 PM.

11 November 2007
Line Art or Model: scarecrow_details1

I did some more progress. I added ambient occlusion pass on most of the stuff. Changed the character pose, to make it more dynamic. Birds have now different wings position. Added new flock in the background. New bump map for the ground. More fog in the back. The drinking crows are bigger. Fixed clouds. Final resolution is 2296*3450 px.

Here are some close up shots:

Thread Closed share thread