Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: mark alford

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #16
Originally Posted by Ferx: Hey Mark, very cool ideas and nice sketches!! I like a lot your UFO idea, really funny!!
and you have a great touch for cartoon cars!!! ( maybe a mix idea with a car? a car full of water and drived by a fish?? only a comment ) Good luck !! and for sure following your progress and concepts !

Thanx for popping over and having a look.... I do like doing cartoon cars. I am going to go with the latest concept....with the butterfly(red baron) and the moths in a Dogfight high above the back lawn....

Cheers

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 08 August 2007   #17
Line Art or Model: more detail

I have been playing with position of the red barron butterfly and size of other elements. I feel happy with the progress sofar.

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 08 August 2007   #18
Excellent stuff Mark, I was impressed with all of your original sketches you clearly have a good eye for humour!. I think the dogfight is a strong concept but I liked the impression of scale that the flower gave in your earlier sketch, are you dropping the flower or is it coming back?

One last point - PLEASE finish the vertical parking idea some day - cracking!

All the best my friend

Old 08 August 2007   #19
Originally Posted by abscnth: Excellent stuff Mark, I was impressed with all of your original sketches you clearly have a good eye for humour!. I think the dogfight is a strong concept but I liked the impression of scale that the flower gave in your earlier sketch, are you dropping the flower or is it coming back?

One last point - PLEASE finish the vertical parking idea some day - cracking!

All the best my friend

Hey there, Thanx for dropping by. thanx for the comments I almost forgot about the background.....yes I will bring the flower back.

Oh and the vertical parking has not been forgotten....might make that a personal challenge

Cheers

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 08 August 2007   #20

I have been playing with position of the red barron butterfly and size of other elements. I feel happy with the progress sofar.

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 08 August 2007   #21
Line Art or Model: change of elements

I went out and took some photos in the garden. Did like this background....cleaned it up a bit and blurred the horizon. I took the bomber and small one to the right out....dont think they are needed.

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 08 August 2007   #22
Hehehe buddy,nice to see you're in again!!!Totaly madness in here, just love your totaly disturbed ideas!!!Got a weak for the icelicking tank,....huge madness!!!(NO, this is Sparta,i hear you say):grin:
CAn't wait to see your next steps!THat butterfly pic also got a lot of potential!
Yep well later Mark!!!Cheers

Old 08 August 2007   #23
very good idea and very good paint, i love the concept good job

Old 08 August 2007   #24
Hey Mark, nice update man!! I think perhaps a small flowers or more far from the butterflys action, only a comment. Again nice job mate!!

Old 08 August 2007   #25
That's a really cool idea - the gun-fire looks beautifully out of context coming from those critters. I also liked your parking idea, but this butterfly image looks like an excellent choice. At the moment they all have their wings fully open. Does that mean that they are 'fixed-wing' butterflies or do you intend them to be of the regular flapping variety?

Old 08 August 2007   #26
Fighter Butterflys - great idea

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 09 September 2007   #27

Hiya all, Today I have done some more detail on the red baron and Have placed an exploding moth hitting the plant. I keep moving the centre tiger moth around....i think it sits well where it is :-)

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 09 September 2007   #28
Hiya all,

Great to see u guys here

OKMER ...Thanx I try to do something different diturbing is good...hehe
MDN67 ...Cheers i hope u like the update.
Ferx ... I may put another flower in closer to the action....will see how it developes.
mdavid ...Thanx would be weird to see little critter like this with weapons.....could be a good concept for a lan game...hehe. Yes these are fixed winged, not sure i could get my head around moving parts....lol
Gord-MacDonald ... thanx Gord

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 10 October 2007   #29
Final Image: woohoo finished

Hiya all, Been busy and finally finished the image to my satisfaction.

I did enjoy this concept, Butterflies and Moths in a battle at the bottom of the yard.

Cheers
Mark

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 11 November 2007   #30
Nice idea! In fact...who knows! Maybe there are reall battles between butterflies

Thread Closed share thread