Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Fernando Garcia Diez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Cool

thats.....well....so crazy.....very strange bahavior...you need some medicine, nice job mate!

10 October 2007
Cool

thats.....well....so crazy.....very strange bahavior...you need some medicine, nice job mate!

10 October 2007
Hey Fer, really great update my friend !! i like a lot all the atmosphere of your composition, great warming light from left, for sure puts all the sensation and feeling that the rhino wants to go outside ( and of which there is another world outside , really really cool feeling) .

I think you idea for a bunch of videogame boxes on the floor is nice, and the postcards on the wall looks nice, but i´m thinking in a sort of poster about a videogame in wich you can play with "virtual animals".. hahahaha (sounds strange) , only a bad idea... hahahaha

Again great work tocayo!!! ( me gusta muchisimo la ambientación que quedó con la luz de la venta y de la tele, si te da toda la sensación de alejamiento entre el niño y el rinoceronte, lo lograste muy bien!! )

10 October 2007
mmm... not sure why we keep talking in english in this thread, hehe

Gabriel - Graciasss!! wow, I don't know what would this thread do without you and FerX, hehe... btw, the leathery texture comes from a layer full of scratches in overlay mode, I wasn't using any special brush for the shading... thanks again!

musi - hej! mange tak!! ok, so it is because of you that we can keep talking english here :P

melkao - thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. (heheee... its nice that you kept trying to post here even after the 4th failed try, thanks for the interest )

FerX - hey, thanks for the idea! maybe not for a poster, but I still was looking for ideas of something to show on the TV, and a videogame based on virtual pets would be perfect!! gracias graciass!

I just thought about adding a plant somewhere in the scene... mmm ....

10 October 2007
Cool

Originally Posted by elmasfeo: melkao - thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. thanks. (heheee... its nice that you kept trying to post here even after the 4th failed try, thanks for the interest )

lol...i don't know what happened with that post...but anyway...you did get the message!

10 October 2007
Quote: musi - hej! mange tak!! ok, so it is because of you that we can keep talking english here :P

He-he
I didn't realize that I was one of not many non-Spanish visitors on your thread You can almost start a little Secret Society here

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

10 October 2007
Final Image: detailing the left half

after some delay here I have another update... I've been working mainly on the background in the left half of the image, the shelf and that plant, nothing really impressive, but I wanted to show an update...
Now I need the console, videogames, and something to fill empty spaces in the right half, and then some final touches here and there... if I have time I want to reduce the amount of line art in the kid, but its not really necessary for me...

Cheers!

10 October 2007
Great progress Fernando!
Great job on the Rhino's expression, he looks so sad.

10 October 2007
Hey Fer, cool update my friend !!! I love the rhino´s expression and the rhino himself!! great !!! and the texture on it looks awesome. The warmer light from left puts a nice "nostalgic" touch on your image, i like a lot !

Again, great work my friend !! and cant wait to see your final image (vamos tocayo, a darle duro a esto )

10 October 2007
oh yeah, the new cross between a rino and a poodle.....a rinoodle...the poodle gene is a bit recessive.

10 October 2007
Nice progress -smiles- Go on with it and good luck! I'm curious about the final

10 October 2007
Marlon, thanks! great to see you here! I'm thinking in changing the highlights in the rhino's eyes, maybe I can make him look even more sad

Fer, thanks for your posta again! (I wonder if this rhino would eat lobsters as well, hehe)

tbaypaul, lol, yes, didn't you ask your parents for a rinoodle all the time when you were a kid? mmm... ok, me neither

Nemesix, gracias!! well, I don't think the final will be so different from what it is now apart from some small details, but I hope you will see it soon!

so... I've been working on it, but the changes are so small that I'll wait a bit more until I have something else to show you, in the while, my to-do list:
console - done
videogame - done
lamp,
CD's,
videogame boxes,
the highlights from the rhino's eyes,
rework the string the rhino is holding,
increasing the shadow under the front legs (it looks a tiny bit like floating),
increasing the leathery texture on some areas of the rino skin,
decreasing the thickness of the kid's lineart,
some magazines on the floor?

next update (maybe the last one) sometime this week....

10 October 2007
Hi Fernando,
Looking good, nice progress!
My main comments would be about shadows on the floor and the highlignts in eyes, but I can see those things in your to-do list. So just hurry up and get it to final!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

10 October 2007
Hey Fernando,
Nice behaviour! But you got some discrepancies in the perspective. From that point of view i wouldn't expect to see the top of the shelf and the view on the flowerpot is a bit to high.

Lots of luck to you!
...poor rhino^^

10 October 2007
Final Image: WIP - Almost there...

Another update before the final: I did almost everything from my to-do list... I did draw a lamp, but it was awful so I deleted it and cropped the top of the image a bit instead, I don't know if there is still too much empty space in the top-right corner
I also increased in some areas the texture of the rhino with an emboss effect, but Im not sure if I overdid it... maybe it was better before...

Jakob, I think I've corected the plant pot, you were right there, but Im not so sure about the shelf's top, for me it doesn't look that bad in the complete image, although it's true that it looked a bit strange in the previous cropped version, do you think it's still wrong?

I think I'll work on the kid next, because it's not keeping the same amount of detail than its environment, and maybe I'll rework a bit more that door...

Musi, thanks! is it better now? Im not convinced with the new highlights, and the shadow under the "hands" is still not dark enough I think...

Does anyone have any other comment? something that I could add or change? all C&C will be welcome :)

Thread Closed share thread