Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Fernando Garcia Diez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2007
Really cool idea with the rhino! Maybe you can try to add more details and contrast to the whole image. Good luck!

09 September 2007
Good idea! Best luck. Buena Suerte!

09 September 2007
thanks Marco, I was planning to add more details, things on the background or objects on the floor... I'll be careful with the contrast too, thank you

Zara, mil gracias! I've just visited your web, you have some very good jobs there, thank you for posting!

09 September 2007
Hey tocayo , really nice lighting from the TV screen, that put a cold atmosphere between "rhino" and the kid, and IMHO is a great touch! Perhaps another source of light (a warmer light) in front of rhino, maybe from a window (no necesariamente tiene que aparecer la ventana en la escena ) Again great work , Salud!

09 September 2007
Cool

nice update....now we can se cleary the idea!...but like you said...it needs some work...this one has a big potential...keep working my friend!

09 September 2007
Thumbs up

Well is getting in right shape now with that nice TV lighting, you could even use a bigger screen, but that's up to you, just see that the upper right area doesn't look too empty in the end.

Great work!!

09 September 2007
¡Hey! ¡Muchas Gracias! XD

09 September 2007
Final Image: right half WIP

As you can see, I've been working on adding details on the right half of the image... I've added posters and postcards on the walls that are personal references, for me and for some friends, but I'm not sure if they fit well in the image, specially the small postcards... those were on the room where I lived during last semester, but if they don't fit well here I could change them...
I've been adding details almost everywhere, the console is still missing, plus some videogame boxes on the floor or something...

Fer, yes, I think I will add another light source from the left, more orange/yellow, I think it can look nice... thanks for your ideas mate!!

melkao, thank youu, I'll keep working on it, slowly, but I'll keep up :)

Gabriel, do you think the right top part is still too empty now with the posters? my idea was to darken the area so that the eye doesn't go there, but I don't know, if it's necessary I could add a lamp hanging from the ceiling (with the lights off) Gracias de nuevo!

y Zara, de nada ;) jeje

09 September 2007
Talking

Hola viejo, otra ves molestando!

Yes, the wall looks better with the stuff on it !!

but

Yes, the postcards are too small, you could take four of ifve of em' and make them way bigger, same for the poster.

and

Yes, making that corner dark will help too, you're getting the room's mood just great!
the couch could be more to the right so there's more space to show the console.

MMMh I wonder what he's playing...............

Salud!

09 September 2007
Final Image: WIP - rhino and some other details

This weekend I've been shading more in detail the rhino, and added the extra yellow-ish light coming from a window or something at the left.
I've also followed Gabriel suggestions with the postcards... I've made the couch wider because its right end was too close to the image border and I didn't like the effect, and now its not overlapping the TV and there is more room for the console, also thanks to Gabriel suggestion...

the closet or whatever is it is still missing, and the console and games as well, and maybe a lamp.. wow, this time I think I'm really going to finish the challenge in time, what a surprise, hehe!

10 October 2007
Thumbs up

Woooohoo!! Great improvement buddy!! the rhino looks really big and bulky now and that second light is just fine!
I like how the brush you're using gives him this leathery texture! If I have something to say would be that the collar stands up a bit too much, you could darken it more maybe...
Now I see why you couldn't wait to start working on it!

Superb!

10 October 2007
Oh, this is nice!
I love the concept and simplicity of it's realization!
Very nice work

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

10 October 2007
Cool

thats.....well....so crazy.....very strange bahavior...you need some medicine, nice job mate!

10 October 2007
Cool

thats.....well....so crazy.....very strange bahavior...you need some medicine, nice job mate!

10 October 2007
Cool

Thread Closed share thread