Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Fernando Garcia Diez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Fernando Garcia Diez

Fernando Garcia Diez is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Strange behaviour - Final

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: first sketches

Hi all! I've decided to join this challenge, as I think I should have time this summer and I like this crazy topic...
Here are 2 first ideas:
in the top one, we can see a teddy bear in the typical superhero pose on the top of a building, it should look a bit menacing, looking down to the city... it could be a teddy bear or a teletubby, I think the teletubby has more impact but it's not my own character, so I'm not sure...
The second one is supposed to be a sad image about a mascot being abandoned by their owners in some lonely road in the middle of the rain... but the mascot is a rhinoceros (I'm also considering a mamooth)
I will try to make some other sketches soon, I'll show them here

07 July 2007
Hi Fernando,

nice... you`ve joined Ideas sound promising so far... can`t wait to see more. I just also had one for you... how about a funeral scene of a old and used soft toy that just got buried by it`s owner

07 July 2007
I like the first idea a bit more!

07 July 2007
IT'S GOOD YOU JOINED!!!

That one of the rhino is very fun! but i think you should show the car leaving for it to be more clear, even if it's faraway a that moment.

for thr bear i thought that if you change the angle and you show him standing at an open window, then behind him we could see the room and the little kid sleeping from whose bed the bear had to sneak out to go doing crime fight, that would show more of his alterego life, you know, a must for a superhero story!

see you around!

07 July 2007
Good luc for the challenge elmafseo. Your 1st concept is intersting but I must tell you that has benne done in a very similar angle by a great french artist called morja.
Anyway good luck for your challenge

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

07 July 2007
Thanks for the comments guys!

mmm too bad the first one has already been done by morja... thanks for the info, authentic, I was checking his website and couldn't find the image you talk about, but saw a lot of similar ones with a teddy bear... you wont have that image, do you? because even if I didn't know morja before today I don't want that someone thinks I am copying his work.... maybe if I changed the composition and everything... in fact the only thing I liked for the moment was the idea, the composition and the camera angle was completely provisional...

steviewoo, I think you are right about the 2nd one, it's not very clear what is happening, I should introduce something else... and I like a lot your idea about showing somehow the 2 lifes of the teddy bear, with the kid sleeping behind, I have to try to sketch it, and maybe it's also a way of making it different from morja's one... thanks

Essen, thanks for your post, I need your opinions continously, hehe, that saves me from actually thinking

theuni, thanks for your idea, I like the soft toy funeral idea, although it can be a bit tetric, mmm... thanks!

07 July 2007
Hi elmasfeo. I tried to find the picture but his portfolio is out of order. In fact on his website (morja.com) you can see a very little part of it. It's the last purple square on his banner. It's purple and you can see a teddy bear with a wrap. But I think you can keep your idea in another situtation/composition (at the window ??)

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

07 July 2007
i will go with rhino one.U have more scope in that concept I think.Best of luck buddy

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: more sketches

ok, here are some additional ideas:
-teddy bears mafia style, playing poker maybe
-superhero teddy bear again, with the window showing his room, and in profile view (I would need to try harder with the pose :P)
-Rhinoceros is sad because he wants to go out, but his owner keeps playing videogames and he doesn't play with him any longer...
-superhero needs to use the underground to go fighting crime because he did a hole in his flying cape when he was ironing it...

Thanks for your comments, cubisis and authentic, I still haven't decided which idea I should follow... thanks for your posts and for your help authentic! :)

07 July 2007
Hey Fernando!
Nice to see you join the fun amigo!
I will gladly follow your progress.

That superhero in a train concept is hilarious.
Maybe he just can't fly, run fast or web sling, or maybe he just doesn't own a super car/jet... When you are super strong you still need transport, right?

07 July 2007
Fernando - long time no see!!!

I like the Rhino and superhero best so far - Good luck and I will be keeping an eye out for your thread

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

07 July 2007
Hi Fernando... I like the super hero teddy idea... maybe you could even overdo it a bit like binding him some sort of rescue rope to the leg and the teddy itself would have some sort of omg this is high expression in his face^^ nice sketches... keep going

07 July 2007
Talking

Hey fernando let me tell you something....
If i was all evil and rotten i would steal your Rhino & kid idea and use it to conquer the world.
That's how good i think it is.

Seriously:
The lighting effects would be so sweet!...... and with message... oh boy!

07 July 2007
I love the superhero sketch.. So much possible here!

Keep it up mate!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Thread Closed share thread