Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alexandra Ciolac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Looks like it's amazed by it's own private parts. Sorry for that ;-) Fine work, musi...

07 July 2007
indeed a very funny concept ,maybe the head is bend a bit too much,try exprerimenting with the chickens pose .
Cool work so far.

07 July 2007
I agree with that about the head being bent a bit too much.
I suppose you have remembered that a bird turns its head sideways at what it's looking at because it only focuses with one eye, which is on the side of the head - but you might have chosen to make it look "head on" because it's a cartoon bird.

07 July 2007
I have to agree with the posts above Sasha... the pose feels strange right now... you could try a C shape for the neck or even the whole body... i think that would work better for your image...

My online portfolio

07 July 2007
I like it alot.

This is a great idea....very funny.

I love the idea of the chicken..."what just came out of me!!!"

yeah...maybe the chicken needs to have his head turned a bit.....but I really like the overall concept. Very strong.

08 August 2007
Hey guys,

Sorry for a long silence - I was VERY busy at work...

Martin, Fotis, Susan, George, Scott
Thank you very much for your comments, appreciate!
I agree with you - the head is bent too much... I am going to work on the pose, and on the shape of the chicken too. And it's a choice to make this chicken to look strait, I am going to flatten her "face" to get more cartoony feel.
She should be looking like a big fat mama that's holding her multiple dresses up because she is scared of the mouse .

Thanks for support, guys! I hope to get some time to work on this in coming weeks.

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

08 August 2007
I think it's an interesting idea, to make the behavior strange only to the world of the image itself, but I think the idea only works if you have time to develp it, like in an animated short. In a single image, unless one reads your explanantion afterwards, its going to look maybe too normal.

I might rethink the main idea being a real egg, perhaps you could just have something strange hatching from the egg, like a goat or something.

Terrrific modelling job though

08 August 2007
Line Art or Model: Composition Test

This is the composition test with generick chickens, just to see how it works.
What do you think?
I am at the place where I have very limited internet access, so sorry for not checking on your works, my friends :(

Steampunk (Video)

08 August 2007
Hey Sasha,

The composition is looking fine but the chick in the front is still looking at his private parts ... change how this one looks and you are set i think...

have fun,
George

My online portfolio

08 August 2007
HI Alexandra!
Funny silly chickens! I love them! Suggestions so far maybe it will be better to emphasize more the golden eggs, as the usual part of the world with maybe more of them! And I agree with George, about the momís position she does looks troubled by something else than the egg! Maybe rotate ĺ her body, and the head turning back to see the nest! But then again! You want that position for more reasons, that I havenít seen yet, so please let me know! So I can help better! Take care!

08 August 2007
The overall composition is fine. But there's still a problem with that chicken's pose. It doesn't look like it's the egg, that is the center of attention... Maybe you should move the egg a little bit to the front, so it becomes more clear what they're looking at.

08 August 2007
Hi Sasha.

Really nice progress with composition.

But i must agree with other replyers, there is some problem with "main" chiken.

Yuo may want to play around her pose, maybe rotate her body little bit.

Not much help from me, sorry.

09 September 2007
Hej guys!

Thank you all for comments and support!
From now on I am hoping to get some more time for this.

Agree with all of you about the hero chicken - will work on it!

Kevin:
I see what you mean... I was thinking to make it a short, but I had a very busy summer, and working on a short requires much more time and resources. If I will keep getting as much work as i did this summer I afraid there will be no time even to finish a still . I even started thinking of reversing things to the "normal" golden egg concept - easier to understand. But for now I will try going with this as far as I can.

George:
Thanks! Now when I look at it I think to lower the camera even more to get the egg higher and more into the chenter of attention.

Axel:
Yes, there going to be much more of the Faberge eggs around, even with chicks in them. Just need time!

Martin:
You are wright, I will try to get closer to the egg.

Dima:
Yes, that main chicken is definitely a problem!

Steampunk (Video)

09 September 2007
Hey nice work so far Musi. The modeling is coming along very nicely. The droplet of shit shit comment cracked me up too for some reason. But I understand, I've been in a few chicken houses.

09 September 2007
Talking sagahr

helo musi . your work's very strang and Attractive and modeling very good .wish all bird,Cleck gold egg . i wait for look fainal your work's .

Thread Closed share thread