Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alexandra Ciolac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alexandra Ciolac

Alexandra Ciolac is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Egg

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

Old 07 July 2007   #2
Hey, Sasha!

Welcome to the Challenge, it's great to see you here!

Old 07 July 2007   #3
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: concept_previz

O.K, here we go!

Question is: what is considered to be normal and what is considered to be strange? It depends from the point of view...
In the society of sophisticated chickens, where normality is to lay jewel eggs, the appearance of the absolutely "normal" egg is VERY STRANGE!
I will try to explore the simple egg shape in all possible ways: this particular chicken society is very rich and build around the egg. There egg shaped laps and windows, food plates and jewels... Their chicks are coming from Faberge eggs, and their nests are made of silk egg shaped pillows. Appearance of the absolutely normal egg with a droplet of shit on it creates a big shock in the chicken house.

This is the first concept... Let's see where it will go :)

Steampunk (Video)

Old 07 July 2007   #4
Hey Tiziano,

You are here too, and I am very glad to see you!
And so, we compete again

Steampunk (Video)

Old 07 July 2007   #5
Indeed! As Neville would say: "The family is reunited now".

I'm really looking forward to this Challenge picking up steam (as it already seems bent on doing).

Old 07 July 2007   #6
lol funny chickens glad to see your thread started and such a cute concept

Last edited by Ivy00 : 07 July 2007 at 09:14 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #7
Tiziano, it's exactly what he (Neville) says

Linda, thanks! I imagine lot's of small situations going on around the main character, like a little fat chick stuffing itself with sweet corn while nobody is watching . Hope people will come with some more funny ideas.

Steampunk (Video)

Old 07 July 2007   #8
welcome to the challenge Sasha... Glad to see you around... the concept looks quite funny... keep it up

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #9
Thanks, George

I never tryed to do funny cartoony things, so lat's see how far I will be able to push this one.

Steampunk (Video)

Old 07 July 2007   #10
HAHA Great! Some more Chickens! I'll be watching this one!
-BB

Old 07 July 2007   #11
"Appearance of the absolutely normal egg with a droplet of shit on it creates a big shock in the chicken house."

That is very funny, ahhah i can't wait until the next iteration. where does this scenario even come from? ahaha

Old 07 July 2007   #12
sounds amusing!

Steampunk Myths n Legends

Old 07 July 2007   #13
Hey Sasha. It's really nice to see you in.

Your concept looks good.

Are you going to create work in realistic manner or maybe cartoonish style?

Goodluck

Last edited by Demitsuri : 07 July 2007 at 05:57 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #14
Bartosz:
Seems to me, that may people find chickens funny

King:
A couple of years ago I saw an image of the golden egg on the silk pillow (it was commercial for Post Denmark I think), and the idea of a poor chicken that had misfortune to lay a golden egg was sitting in my head since. And than last Thursday I was sitting in the bus on the way home from work, and it was raining hard, and I was all cold and wet and wishing for a good sunny weather, when I remembered my mum complaining about 35-43 degrees hot burning air in my home country. I thought, we both would gladly switch places right now... And then suddenly - flop - everything in my chicken image just switched to opposites! And the egg with a droplet of shit is actually my childhood memory - I was born in a little town, and every morning it was my job to collect eggs from the chicken house, and believe me, they not always looking as pretty as the ones we buy in supermarket .

Bobby:
Yeh, you can't imagine what's going on in my head!

Dimitri:
Hej, my friend ! I am very glad to see you! Thanks for visiting my thread! Are you going to participate? I was looking for your thread, but couldn't find it ... I am thinking to get realistic environments and objects (a chance to get more familiar with mentalRay), but get all the chickens in very exaggerated cartoony poses. I have no idea how to approach the look of them yet - it will take some experimentation, I guess.

Steampunk (Video)

Old 07 July 2007   #15
Cool

hi Sasha ^^ great to see you here too, i enjoyed your previous challenge entry a lot and came to wish you lots of fun and good luck on this one cheers let it rock

Thread Closed share thread