Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Gabriel Vera

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #61
i love how the bench crashes in the lasted concept. great action line, a lot more force and impact. big improve. can't wait to see more! keep up the great work!

Old 07 July 2007   #62
I'm super-impressed by your drawings - they are full of life and energy

Old 07 July 2007   #63
You’re good man... real good, love the concept love the characters “though I think a blonde will do better” and I agree with you about the composition there’s something about it, as u said if you could try to transform all the image weigh towards the broken are of the bench “I mean the whole image” I think its would give it more depth.

You rock

Old 07 July 2007   #64
The Last Sketch

This is really coming together. I love the folds in the bench.

Old 07 July 2007   #65
Really cool concept. I love the characters and their poses. It's coming together really well.

Old 07 July 2007   #66
heading on the right direction mate,postures and gestures spotted on and it convery the story just right,cool entry u've got herekeep it coming

Old 07 July 2007   #67
Incredible sketches ! Really full of movement !

Old 07 July 2007   #68
hi.waiting for update.I will come back

Old 07 July 2007   #69
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: PAINTING BY NUMBERS.... AND SUCKING AT IT!!

Yep, can't stay inside the lines... but I like this stage of sketching because nothing is too wrong that you can't fix it. this is only a color scheme test, my final shadow preview will come soon. Oh! since this is for the web i went all crazy and used a green hue for the background i know would never survive printing, but this if one of few times for me that i don't give squat! Feels so good, mmmmh!
O.K. maybe too crazy, if you feel the green is too aggressive or just screws up your peepers just lemme know!
Thanks to all. How's the Simpsons movie uh?

Old 07 July 2007   #70
Angry

oh that briefcase!! !! hmm maybe next time .

Old 07 July 2007   #71
I really like the way that came out, looks a lot like watercolour. It really works with your drawing style.

As for the green, I personally like it. I think you have to use a solid colour as the backdrop, not clear glass. I think red would be cool, but maybe would be too dominant, blue doesn't often go well with midtones like skin, fur and steel. I think green works really well.

Personally, I've looked through dozens of these entries now, and I'd have to say at this point yours would be the clear favourite.

Old 07 July 2007   #72
yay... looking very good mate.. nothing wrong with the green.. i love how it looks likehe has just sat down and she has been flung into him. cant wait fo more.. no crits

Old 07 July 2007   #73
The hair is looking a lot better... The green is looking great imho.. Its not too much... generally, i love this piece so far...

PS. I believe you are the third person i met that actually remembers Samurai Pizza cats... Great humor on that series...

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #74
Hey great update Steevie, I'm loving this water color effect too. I've got nothing against the green, I think it's powerful actually. Though I'd test it a little before I'd go far with it, imho it looks like there's a little too much of it now, or too much of the same tone. When I like a powerful color like that in my paintings I tend to immediately test it with a few different tones and the alternatives of that color - in this case it could be blue I guess - just to double check myself that I'm really digging that color before I invest too much on it. You could also try to play with certain panels of the bus stop, and see how they'd work with that green. Again, just some ideas, it's looking great...

The warm sun and the green light are playing beautifully on the beasts head, along with the cast shadows very nice job already, we need more frequent updates! : )

Old 07 July 2007   #75
The bright green of the bus stop could work, especially if you bring more similar cool tones into the rest of the background - distance blues and foliage greens to help push the entire background into the cool range.... Does the car on the left really need to be red? And then conversely, pump up the warm tones of the foreground characters. For example,stronger warm colors for the wood handle and the fur. Maybe a red skirt instead of blue? Metal can be a lot of different colors - don't fall into the trap of thinking that the axe has to be white because it's silver, try adding some warm rust tones.

Anyhow, all just ideas. You have plety of time, so as Jess wisely suggested, experiment with colors before comitting to anything. Good luck!

Thread Closed share thread