Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Gabriel Vera

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
She's looking sweet Gabriel! This soft lighting will be a nice touch!

07 July 2007
i really like that face...i was a caricature artist at sea world in a former life and it just reminded me of all that.....looks top notch, and look forward to more.

=p

07 July 2007
Fantastic drawing, I like it a lot. It's a lot like my own stlye and thank you for using blue

The posing of the bison is perfect, and the only thing I might try is moving the girls left arm so her hand is on her knee. I think it would make her look even more flirtatious, and make an even better silhouette. And the only other small thing I would change at this point would be to clear up the area around the lower leg and bench. The way it is now is kind of confusing where exactly the corner is and how she is sitting on it.

Otherwise, fantastic job, I love to see drawings in this style, and I can't wait to see the next steps.

07 July 2007
OH thanks for this, you all are great help!

as i said I'll do a little explanation on my piece so here it comes:

Well it was made to show a contrast in many ways, first the ovious difference of gender size, occupation, and well... species, but also, contrast of attitude, Bison here is the obvious weirdo but he turns out to be shy and embarrassed cause' of the public furnture destruction he made, which i think is very natural, i'd be.....

Now as Axel points it is to expect from a pretty gal like her to come and flirt to a big hunky guy, yes. but it is a big, hairy, mutant, chimeric, anthropomorphic barbarian bison,
The fact that you can find her attitude so natural brings me to the point that started it all for me: I want to show that, In a way, the natural reaction of this real life girl could be the stragest thing in the scene.

Yeah all that, and i really wanted to draw a sexy girl.

I'll post an alternate version of my sketch tomorrow night, in preparation for the good one!
See you around!

Last edited by SteevieWoo : 07 July 2007 at 06:26 AM.

07 July 2007
Talking Line Art or Model: NEW ONE! See it here!

WOOW Finally, this is an almost completely redone sketch of bison and the chick, watching some bus shelter photos from many places of the world i stumbled upon a new type of bench that would crush in a different way, hope you like it!!
I also exagerated the bison's posture and from that worked an all new girl, i tried to follow all of those good hints from all of you.(THANKS A LOT!!)
Please let your voice be heard! i don't know what face i like the most just now, so...................

Last edited by SteevieWoo : 07 July 2007 at 06:27 AM.

07 July 2007
I think I like the other face better, but it depends on what you're going for. If you want the flirtier girl, I think the first one fits that much better.

And I looooove the changes you made to the bench and her position. It really looks like shes falling towards him now, rather than just leaning up against him. I think the subtle things like the show falling off, and oh my goodness are you ever good at hand poses.

Fantastic work

07 July 2007
You could try to give a little more prspective and bleed the right side of the bus stop out of the frame a bit, it could help the composition, not sure.

Another great drawing, it's just fun to see different versions, though i feel like the beast's expression was funnier in the first one. Other than that I think this has a much more dynamic feel. Can't wait for color!

do you sketch in PS btw, or with blue pencil on paper? it has a traditional look : )

07 July 2007
Tkanks! so far we have one vote for the the former girl, keep it coming!!

Hede And Killer: Yes, i'm using a good old col-erase dark blue pencil (i believe Faber-Castell makes em' now). My boss used to provide me with em', since he got more into b5 pencil. But i slowly ran out of em' and they're damn hard to get here in Mexico, so i'm using my last two for this competition. you know, for luck.

07 July 2007
Nice work so far...! Your new pose feels as if it's still in motion, as though he'd just sat down and the bench had just busted. Given that, I like the poses and expressions that have more motion and surprise to them. For example, I love the second girl's face/pose, but don't think it would work so well with your new composition. The 4th one, with a look of surprise on her face, might work better in this new shot.
Just my thoughts on them, seeing as you were still looking for input on those poses. Good luck and have fun...!

07 July 2007
Great sketck, the sensation of weight of the bison is obtained very well

I think your other chick is more sexy (ms zorrona... hahahha), and the minotauro ( o bison) has a little innocent expression, and maybe this is the strange part, the chick is the wolf and the bison warrior is the sheep

07 July 2007
totally kick-ass drawings!!!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

07 July 2007
Thumbs up

Hola Gabriel,

Uuhh !ok I like more this sexy girl with her glasses, add more the strange factor to me.. I like how you bend more the bus sit, as well the exaggeration of the composition its looking great! I love the silhouettes very easy to read what going on! Fantastic!..
About your reasons, I understand your point, and I think its a really cute concept, and great to see it, in your style! And as long as you are having fun, We will see that as well! Although, we already are!
I hope to see more upgrades, of this great concept!
Take care!

07 July 2007
Thanks for the comment

Your stuff is SOLID. Great image so far, love the style. Its got some serious personality- looking forward to seeing it progress.

07 July 2007
Thanx for dropping by my thread, Very nice idea here and the linework is great. The colour test of the girls face has a really nice style to it.

Cheers
Mark

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: OH MAN, NOT AGAIN!

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK BEFORE THIS GETS BURIED IN PAGE 6 AGAIN!!! :D

So many new entries! always pushing back, don't get me wrong, is great, I gotta get faster!!!
Oh, sorry for that fit, feelin' better now, yeah! So here's another (and right now the final) version of sweet flirting girl, which i'm still to name by the way. Once pasting her with the bison and adequately tracing the background i'll be ready to go. Right now i feel it's taking forever so tell me what you think, i tried once again to incorporate as much of the input received as possible. Hope you enjoy!!

Thread Closed share thread