Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Gabriel Vera

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #16
Looks great! Can't wait to see the first splashes of color.

Old 07 July 2007   #17
Hehehe neat sketches! The girls are very cute

Old 07 July 2007   #18
Line Art or Model: COLOR!!! ,some

I was so bored doing a scene for a history book, nothing but soldiers, so i shoved it away and went right to put some color on this thing....
It's just a dummy not the real thing, but it shows the kind of light i want, it is a exterior scene so i'll put all kinds of colorful reflections, but softly so nobody has to notice at first.
Hope you like it....

Old 07 July 2007   #19
very cool concept. keep up the good work.I wud surely follow ur thread.Best of luck

Old 07 July 2007   #20
Thumbs up

Hi Gabriel,
Very nice sketch, your idea its lovely and I like so much the style for your characters, and also the way to play for the real world to the extraordinary world, my only suggestion in the idea will be , that the strange behavior its not to strong still since I expect something flirty from a cute girl like your character, and more to a big poweerfull guy.... I hope to see more from your wonderful art and will support you, I mean talent its you! Congratulations!

me encanta tu estilo y visite tu pagiha wow un monton de proyectos!

Old 07 July 2007   #21
Great sketch! This girl is very funny!

Cheers,
Carlos

Old 07 July 2007   #22
Thumbs up

Nice idea and good character design!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 07 July 2007   #23
Talking

thanks everybody indeed!! i'm moved....... gasp

Axel, i agree with you completely, and thats why i stoped alll work on mi sketch twice before deciding to use it. i'll explain later, i promise......

Michael, i saw your work before and i'ts looking real good! by the way, What an amazing avatar you have!!! i love it.

Thanks again to all!!

Old 07 July 2007   #24
i love this one. very nice character, beautiful and rich design. and i specially love what you wrote in your signature Don't be a stranger, just behave strangely! i think a lot of us here are busy making "strangers" and forgot about what's the most important. Good luck and looking forward to see more from you.

Last edited by JackZhang : 07 July 2007 at 04:44 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #25
that looks cool . graet work, I'll have to practice alot to get that good .

Old 07 July 2007   #26
Little Help?

Thaksabunch all you people i'm getting al fuzzy inside and stuff.... or maybe just the new shakira video, i don't know.......

I,m still worried about the compsition yet nobody has complained, please let me know if you see somthing fishy with it, Im a little dumb for composition an had been learning about it lately, so i would love imput from such talented nice people here....

Last edited by SteevieWoo : 07 July 2007 at 08:14 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #27
I think the strange behavior is the minotaur as a commuter. Maybe you can play up to that a little more. *edit- maybe he's holding a map to a village he's going to raid, etc.

I like the sense of movement and weight from the sketch of him "just sitting down" and her sliding towards him. Maybe one of her legs can kick in the air and her shoe fly off her foot to show how off balance she is. It might also help to change her expression to more alarmed.

I like the way it looks now but these are just some thoughts . Great splash of color

Last edited by eclipse115 : 07 July 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #28
Well... I think the composition is good... it's not that dramatic, but this way the illustration focuses on the story told. So I wouldn't change it.

But maybe you could play around with the girl a bit more...? Right now, you can't really tell any more that she slid twards him and bumped against him (she's too relaxed). I would try to stress that more. You know: he just sat down, she bumped in him from the bending of the bench, so she is surprised a bit, but also likes it =)
If you can catch such an expression you're a pro =D

I'll stay tooned,

Good luck =)

Old 07 July 2007   #29
Hey Gabriel. Really a nice concept and great sketches. I keep any eye on the progress of your idea . Mucha suerte y un saludo !!!

Old 07 July 2007   #30
hehe, I love your sketches, I think I'm really going to like this illustration when its finished...
about the copmposition, maybe I would try to cut a tiny bit from the bottom and extend the canvas another bit to the top and the sides, I don't know, I don't know how composition works but that's what your image tells to my eye...
Mucha suerte!

Thread Closed share thread