Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alperen Kahraman

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alperen Kahraman

Alperen Kahraman is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Lady Turtle Uchuchbagha - final of the Final

Old 08 August 2007   #2
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: The lady turtle Uchuchbagha - fast sketches

i m greeting everyone at the contest and i m beginning my job with those fast sketches which ll go along with my concept story.

The story is about a female turtle named Uchuchbagha. a lady turtle... She was always being jealous with ladybeetles flying around her. By the time she begin to admire them. She was thinking she is ugly, slow and desperate as a creature. And they are beautiful and they fly...

One day, she painted her tortoiseshell as a ladybeetle with red and black dots. Then all the ladybeetles came around and on her shell... She lit a gas lamp to pull them more... She was nearly living her dream... But, she has left one final thing to make this dream perfect... She just wanted to be happy for one last time in her endless life. Besides she was really started to think she is a ladybeetle!...

poor lady turtle.

Old 08 August 2007   #3
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: The lady turtle Uchuchbagha - composition ske

http://assets.cgsociety.org/challen...0413_medium.jpg

By the way this is the simply composition. above the sky highlights the emotion of her desire for flying. Showing the moon, stars, a comet and clouds of course. These things make it more imaginary. Below, there will be an area like a shining city. There is no city maybe in fact, but she imagine that she is going in to a neverland... She will find her neverland.. :rolleyes: there will be a deep cliff but with city signs also at the beginning.

This image shows the scene roughly. i guess i m inspired from mac's wallpaper too much.. :D u know which one it is...

Last edited by alperenism : 08 August 2007 at 12:39 AM.

Old 08 August 2007   #4
Thumbs up

Sweetness!!! your idea is so charming.... there are many melancholic pieces in the contest and I love'em, and yours is one of the best concepts!! keep on with it!

As for the composition maybe you could put a couple ladybugs flying in first plane to to fill the bottom space. I know is an abyss, but still I feel something is missing there.

Hope it helps!

Old 09 September 2007   #5
Line Art or Model: more uchuchbagha

improving the model of the lady turtle Uchuchbagha... progressing...

She is looking to sky but this head position is not so easy with turtle anatomy... i dont want to be so far to the real anatomy of the animal at this character. Some birds looking at their top by rotating their head left - right, because their eyes at the sides, not front like us. so , turtles has the same situation... i wanted to solve this.

Old 09 September 2007   #6
Lightbulb

Yes, mostly my message was that the dark area in the lower part of the image is too empty. but if you are going to add the city elements there then is just fine! you can try a couple little ladybugs flying there, like they guide the turtle, thats my idea

And then the turtle's head... you can exaggerate more the "neck" part of the shell like in this picture
as you can see, the turtle in the photo can really look up to the sky if she wants to! even if your turtle has a shorter neck this could help you.

See you soon

Old 09 September 2007   #7
Red face hmm..? :)

Whaow, thanks Garbiel... i m glad to hear your opinions about the story. And i agree with you about melancholia emotion... A good job must contain a strong mood and that feeling is one of the most impressive mood.

i ll try to impress this emotion as the very best way i can.

but...

i couldnt understand your advice at all... Could you please describe it more???

(my English a little bit poor, sorry for that)

you mean, should i put some ladybugs flying below to the dream city?

Old 09 September 2007   #8
Hey Alperen, nice sketches and really nice idea, with many potential !! I liked a lot !! Best of luck with your entry and looking forward for more updates!!

Old 09 September 2007   #9
Smile thnx for the support

Thanks for your support Fernado!...

and i wish you good luck at the challenge too...

Old 09 September 2007   #10
HI Alperen!Lovely idea and great sketches.i like them alot!I want a creature like that!Anyway all the best & fun to you!Later

Old 09 September 2007   #11

here's a little sketch to be more clear about the head I hope it helps!!

Old 09 September 2007   #12
Wink

hehe, im glad u like it Remko, somehow it seems i begin to like it too
and i like the taste of your works, i must say. wish u good luck... chya!

--and Woo, thanks four your helpful crits, i m surprised you drown it..
Firstly, i imagine the head just like you suggest. i mean, looking up by rising head. But then, i decided not to rise it, only rotating a little bit at one side. Some creatures look at their top like this way because their eyes at their both sides of their head. And i find it soooo cuuuuute!! My bird was looking up this way... (it died...

i m not sure if turtles look up that way (and i m not even sure if they look UP..? ) , but this is characteristic and lovely i think...

anyway i hope it doesnt look so wrong...

thnx for advice ,u make me to think 1more time, and i m totally agree with u with your first advice... i will add many things to the composition.

THNX FOR SUPPORTS!

Old 09 September 2007   #13
Hi Alperen! Thanks for visiting my thread. By this way I could have seen your work and it's really a nice concept which is full of emotion. The first sketches are very good, especially the details on the portrait of the turtle. I guess the angle of that portrait is the best for your scene because of the expression on her eye gives the both emotions as envy and melancholy. On the other hand I'm agree with the comments of SteevieWoo. Anyway your concept is one of the good pieces, Good Luck! Cheers! Görüşmek Üzere!

Old 09 September 2007   #14
Hey!

Hey Soner, glad to see your post here and i ll think about your advice. i really can not decide it...

Have a nice contest!! Başarılar!

Old 09 September 2007   #15
Line Art or Model: early details

Here is some early details and the head position change.

There is an etude of the gas lamp and some environmentals. There will be a lot of ladybugs that i ll put them later. But u ll see some little black holes on the leaves because they ll be eaten by those bugs. I'll examine those detils later too...

Also i changed Uchuchbagha's head by the supports of comments.. :) The face and mimics not finished. But this one will be better to reflect the emotion as you both say...

i hope to sumbit new ones a few days later...

Take it easy everyone... :)

Thread Closed share thread