Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Giovanni Castro

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Giovanni Castro

Giovanni Castro is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Driving Miss Doherty

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: First concept

Hello there!
I participate by the first time in "the journey begins" challenge, and it was really a GREAT expierence. I haven't had time to participate in another challenge again, in fact, nowadays I've got a lot of work, but I'd like to try this one. I hope I'll have the time to finish it.
This concept came to me as I was thinking in a world after a social revolution and a lady that is like the last symbol of the old society, who behaves strangely. Here is a rough description:
"I imagined a world in ruins. War first, and then a social revolution has reduced its population and economy drastically. Life is hard. 90% of the planet surface is desert. Water is extremely difficult to find. There are water smugglers who live in the desert.
Vestiges of tha past splendor can be found everywhere, but now they're only ruins.
Despite the terrible heat, or the dangers of the desert, the lady takes a walk everyday. She was an aristocrat member of the old regime, living in the golden palaces of the rulers. And though nowadays she is as poor as everybody else in the city, she resists herself to abandon her old life style, and like a strange ritual, she goes everyday with her dog, her umbrella and her bucket, to the old font, the place that used to be her private garden, and which now is a refuge for desert smugglers. She have no fear."
If I finally decide to go ahead with this concept, I hope to complete the background story and all the narrative details.
Greetings to all!

Last edited by Nigio : 07 July 2007 at 08:15 PM.

07 July 2007
Hey hey welcom man!Nice start!There's some really nice meubieus feeling in the pic!HAve fun!

07 July 2007
Nice start!

Nice start!Yes,I do agree!There is a very nice" Moebius Feeling "going on! Keep posting I will keep watching!

http://douglas-animation.blogspot.com

07 July 2007
really like it! love the style.

07 July 2007
I really like the composition and overall style of you piece. Good job!

07 July 2007
Hi Nigio, wellcome. I see with pleasure that your wonderful style remains the same. You call that a concept sketch? That's really grrrrreat my friend. I love even that paper texture you use for background. This is gonna be fun. I keep my eyes nailed to your thread.

07 July 2007
Waoo , it's one year I leaved the contest "The journey Begins" and after opening your thread , I immediately recognise your powerfull and genius style.
I'm a fan !

07 July 2007
Fantastic style, once again! Best of luck, looking forward to seeing more already...

07 July 2007
Hi,
Gosh,... What a sketch.

I like.
So good luck for this challenge.

David.

07 July 2007
Fantastic sketch. Hope to see more.

07 July 2007
Looking good

As an old fan of Jean Giraud I do like the feeling in this one. Keep it up I want to see more!
/peter

07 July 2007
you have a unique feel in your works... and a very unique color scheme... cant wait to see how this turns out

My online portfolio

07 July 2007
i loved ur master servants entryu and uor style is excellent... keep up the good work

07 July 2007
hi mate, very nice start keep it up

Thread Closed share thread