CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #46
Demitsuri
Frequenter

portfolio
Dimitry Khilov
Uljanovsk, Russia

Hi hede.

I think this is one of the best idea in this challenge.

Your characters is really good and colors a great

But the sky in upper left, even with highlight, looks too "clean" for me.

Goodluck.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:19 AM   #47
nwiz25
mouseman

portfolio
neville dsouza
game artist
Reliance Games pvt.ltd
Pune, India

Send a message via Yahoo to nwiz25
Talking

hey bro! thanx a lot for ur comments!

as for ur concept .. i still adore it to the fullest! the details in the background are simply amazing! ; all the elements blend well together!
art in its classic, humourous, crazy form!

take care bro! god bless!

Old 07-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #48
bandro
will draw for food

portfolio
Alex Rincon
Mexico

Send a message via MSN to bandro
Ha ha ha ha good concept

Old 07-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #49
SteveTsang
Stephen Tsang
Artist
United Kingdom

Hi Hede,

Just thought I'd pop in and say how wonderfull your painting is looking, so vibrant and detailed. I like your idea behind this peice too

Good luck

Old 07-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #50
Jeffparadox
Selaminaleykum

portfolio
Y. Jeff Treves
Director, Producer, Animator
Treves Studios
Istanbul, Turkey

Line Art or Model: Strange Behaviour - detail pass 1

Studies on the sky and the fart. Learning the inner workings of the fart. Being the fart.

c+c are most appreciated

Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #51
nwiz25
mouseman

portfolio
neville dsouza
game artist
Reliance Games pvt.ltd
Pune, India

Send a message via Yahoo to nwiz25
Talking

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! lovely wispies!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #52
Jeffparadox
Selaminaleykum

portfolio
Y. Jeff Treves
Treves Studios
Istanbul, Turkey

Oh it feels good to have my name back! It's weird that you can't change your user name for 2 weeks once you change it... Anyway, I got it back now..

My girlfriend is back from vacation, which means less time for art and more time for sanity. I started filling the sky and working on the fart. I'll listen very carefully every comment I'll recieve. Thanks to everyone who fallows this thread, and for their kind words..

SteveTsang

Thanks a lot buddy! Your support means a lot..

bandro

Thanks dude!

nwiz25

Hey man, the thumbnail of your work simply cought my eye on the list you know! Good work just stands out, waiting for more from you.. thanks for stoppin by

Demitsuri

Hey man I appreciate your reply, it gave me a real boost of confidence, so I've been painting that part for the past few days. I had a really hard time filling up that space, though I guess I managed to a decent start. I'd love to hear your critique on that and any other parts that's sticking out. thanks dude

Please feel free to point out anything you dislike people, or anything that could add... Thanks for everyone's support, I'd probably not finish this piece without it..

Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #53
ReinaldoRomero
Frabjous Manxome Jubjub

portfolio
Reinaldo Romero
Go Go Panzer
Venezuela

Send a message via MSN to ReinaldoRomero
This is just great, I love the style and the concept is very weird, congratullations.

About design and composition I have a few coments, I like much more the last fart design but imho ou can improve it by making the perspective more circular like the rounded horizon, also it can improve the motion feeling by moving it not just horizontally but in all 3 axis. Also if i were you maybe I would add some elements in the ground like a farm, a mill. some sheeps or something. Finally I do not understand very well the right shape, it looks like a mountain or a volcano to me but imho it looks a bit noisy because of the fire-like colors, oposite to the left clean side. but that is just me.

Anyway cool picture mate, keep it up!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #54
maxspider3000
Nothing is impossible ;)

portfolio
Yusuf Eltelpany
3D & Motion Graphic Designer
Freelancer
Egypt

wow ........ that's realy a "strange behavior"
amazing work man ... good luck

Old 07-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #55
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
Art Director,Concept Artist, illustrator
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Thumbs up

Hi Jeff,

I really like a lot your style its so well proportioned for the thoughts that symbolized the posesI am sorry I didnít see you early to support you since the beginning, your sketches were fantastic! I really like the color the composition and the characters for what each other its representing, the colors are so well delivered, the forest, the water, the houses they all play nicely, maybe in a way that troubles me a bit, its that the look to nice for the main idea that you are going for, the sky itís a bit to bright and blue, so its giving more comfortable feeling than discomfort, for what the human its doing, but its all in the colors for me, the textures are great, so the position of the elements its just some colors, that are no playing well at your advance for the destructive partÖbut its look so amazing already ! The best wishes that you win and that you are happy with your work ! Witch will be the must important!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #56
mdavid
Illustrator

portfolio
Mark David
illustrator
Australia

There are many things I like about your illustration. A few of those things:

- the sky is fantastic. I love that wispy dangerous-looking pollution reaching in from the right in the distance
- the bird being hit on the head has been drawn brilliantly - I think it is just perfect
- I love the colours in general - they are vibrant and beautiful
- those mad clouds all over the sky are superb. Just like a real sky except better!

I wish I could offer something constructive here but I can't. Keep up the lovely work mate!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #57
Ligo
Frequenter

portfolio
Linus Persson
UmeŚ, Sweden

Send a message via MSN to Ligo
Thumbs up Nice

Hello, I really like the colors and the "gas" in this picture, nice job! looking forward towards whats next!

Good going

StrangeB - Kamikaznail

Linus Persson.com

Old 07-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #58
Jeffparadox
Selaminaleykum

portfolio
Y. Jeff Treves
Treves Studios
Istanbul, Turkey

Ligo

Thanks buddy, thanks for stopping by!

mdavid

I read your reply very slowly, waiting to hit that part that starts with "but...." But it didn't come 8 ) Thanks dude!I really appreciate your comments, they are indeed very constructive on my motivation.. and feel free to bash anything in the future too 8 D

maxspider3000

Thanks a lot buddy, your support means a lot!

AxelAlonso

Hey man I appreciate your kind words, extremely! Thank you for all your suggestions, I've been thinking about them: That part of the sky was actually abit greenish grey, and darker already in the earlier posts. though some people said it looked to dark and pale, besides that, I realized that i need to keep that area a little bright and blue, so that the gas clouds pop up against it more. Although it is still subject to change as the rest of the image progresses, and I'll keep your suggestion in mind for that. It'd also be nice to hear more opinions on this from other people, since I had two conflicting views so far : ) Again buddy, thanks a lot for all your comments, please keep them coming, they're improving this image..

ReinaldoRomero

Man thanks a lot, you've got a sharp eye and raised all the issues that I have issues with : ) I've been looking at the gas a lot, and playin with it. the previous blobby feel was very cool and cartoony, though it was taking away from the rest a bit. It's right in the middle, and was too dense and chunky. I always thought of putting the trail to a shape like you've described, but honestly didn't sketch and look yet. I'll probably try and see, but there's another concern about that: Even though the piece is very cartoony, I want to break that subtly. A trail would make it a little more Road Runnerish, and I think it would be 'expected' in a piece like this. I'm more trying to show the speed of the action, and it's readiness to leave the frame. Though, I'll try and consider your suggestion again and again, I've got all the time it seems like 8 ) Your suggestions about the landscape are right to the point, thanks a lot! They gave me a lot of ideas, and I'll certainly make use of them.. Finally, that on the right side is a forest fire, though you've raised something that I'm very concerned about, cause another friend of mine made the comment "volcano" too. I think that smoke is a little too dense and unified, which makes it look like a volcanic mountain to some people. i gotta work on that obviously. Thanks buddy, you got me thinking, you've opened my eyes, now time to crank it!!!

Thank you very much friends! Please feel free to give your vote on the issues that are raised above. I really appreciate all of your c+c and support, and just know that I'm checking out everyone's entry who leaves a comment here, and try to reply them as much as possible as they progresses. Because I think this is an excellent source of motivation (something like calcium)

Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #59
o-l-d
Veteran
portfolio
Renan
guarulhos, Brazil

hahaha...nice concept man!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 AM   #60
Ferx

portfolio
Fernando Porcel
Mexico City, Mexico

Send a message via MSN to Ferx
Thats great man! I like a lot your physic studie about the gas fart behavior ... o gosh!! is great we can talk about this!!! Ok. I think, perhaps the start of fart is little slow, like a fire smoke, not like expeling a nice fart , is only my perception.
Thats a great great work!!

Thread Closed share thread