Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Yusuf Trevez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #31
Coming along well.My only suggestion wud be to keep the lower torso as it is and moving the upper torso of the guy slightly towards the camera.Its just an opinion.otherwise I liked the concept,sketch and colors.I will follow ur thread buddy.Best of luck

Old 07 July 2007   #32
Quote:
CUBISIS Coming along well.My only suggestion wud be to keep the lower torso as it is and moving the upper torso of the guy slightly towards the camera.Its just an opinion.otherwise I liked the concept,sketch and colors.I will follow ur thread buddy.Best of luck

Thanks man, I appreciate your insights.

I considered what u said, I think I'm happy with the whole pose at this point actually. Also, I'm so far in the painting, I'd have to have a very good reason to repaint the character's body. But again, I really appreciate your c&c, they are keeping me checked

Old 07 July 2007   #33
CUBISIS,

well now you got me thinking, i couldnt pass on that idea, so i sketced it roughly. It would be nice to hear a few opinions about this..

Old 07 July 2007   #34
Line Art or Model: Strange Behaviour - model suggestion

I still feel like I should go with the old one. Though it'd be nice to hear what other people think. New one is the wider torso...

Old 07 July 2007   #35
wide torso is OK, goes better with the design of the body.

Old 07 July 2007   #36
I guess you guys are right. Wide it is then, now I'm liking it better too, especially the shape of the neck muscle.

Thanks guys! that was one nice touch..

Old 07 July 2007   #37
Line Art or Model: Strange Behaviour - background details

I wanted to post some details I've been working on. I didn't want to post the whole image until there is a considerable amount of difference from the previous one. I can say that lighting keeps getting better overall, slowly but surely...

I appreciate all c&c, details are about 30-40% in size...

Old 07 July 2007   #38
Line Art or Model: Strange Behaviour - color pass 4

I think there is enough progress to show... At least I've been painting a lot.

his body gave me a really hard time but I think I'm on the right track now. c&c are welcome.

Old 07 July 2007   #39
Hey hede, buddy, good to see your new post!
It's looking great! i think you're beyond any failure now, and i really wish i was that advanced on my own piece right now! weew!
The sky looks great. I know you're into detail now and thats important too!
Just By the way, amazing how you pulled out the volume in that wacky body position

Old 07 July 2007   #40
i'd have to disagree with steeviewoo on the sky bit. to me it looks kind of mono tone and almost lifeless. i think some more color would do it good no just a stright flat blue color that gets lighter towards the horizon. but hey just an idea :P the characters are awesome. nothing to say there.

Old 07 July 2007   #41
SteevieWoo and Slav, thanks guys! I've been checking your posts too, it's good to see some colors, welcome to the 24-bit world : D

Slav, you're right man I'm working on it, I've upsampled my image for the last time a few days ago to 300 dpi to get into details. Now I can't get out! sky is the next thing on the list, things are taking longer now.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate your support, helps with the neck pain

Old 07 July 2007   #42
This is coming along very nicely! I love the colors and the characters, specially the bird's head. About the sky, I think it's a little too dark and grey at the right corner, but that is very esay to fix.
The best luck to you, mate!

Old 07 July 2007   #43
Nigio, thanks a lot for stopping by buddy. I'll definitely consider your suggestion, I was indecisive about the amount of darkness over there, been ignoring it actually, I guess it is a little too dark huh?

Thanks for the help!

I'm open to any other kind of suggestions too by the way. Even though I'm pretty far in the paint, I'd like to hear all comments about parts in image that people dislike...

Old 07 July 2007   #44
Hey Hede. Great background !! your fish eye conception for it is a very original idea a great design. Perhaps the gas fart are a bit dense, but it gives the sensation of being really dangerous

Old 07 July 2007   #45
Ferx, I appreciate your comments. You're right, the fart is a bit dense actually. Though, when I try to play with it's density it seems like looses impact. But I'll keep that suggestion in mind for future paint anyway, because it was something I had in mind before...

thanks for checking it out man!

Thread Closed share thread