Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Yusuf Trevez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #16
Sorry for not replying sooner . . . I was working on my entry for exotique 3 . . . anywho . . .

It's looking great and that sky is fantastic. As for lighting and shading:

1. I think he needs a bit more shadow just under his right knee to bring out the form and show the direction of the light.
  2. His right ankle needs something to show where it bends. If lighting means it is brightly lit like that then maybe a bracelet will help define its form.
  3. You have a high shine off his right thigh but his back or right shoulder and right hand is actually closer to the sun and should have a similar sheen.
  4. The left part of his back along his ribcage might need a bit more shadow since it rolls away from the sun.
  5. I do think for your message to be a little more powerful there should be some residual effects of his flatulence.
Just some thoughts to try. Btw- Are you using painter? If so what brushes are you using?

Last edited by eclipse115 : 07 July 2007 at 03:44 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #17
man ,just wanna say that its very strange indeedur right on path!keep it coming

Old 07 July 2007   #18
Thumbs up

i'm so in love with ur concept style! colourful .. funny .. crazy to be exact! and very very stylistic! u rock!

waiting to c more from u!

good luck to u!

Old 07 July 2007   #19
thanks guys, to all of you...

I'm honored to get such positive feedback from such accomplised artists. I really really appreciate your interest in my piece. Feels good to make some friends here at last..

Eclipse, as usual you've pressed all the key issues that were in my head with your sharp eye. All of your lighting suggestions were right to the point, I'll try them all actually. and, will post a new image as soon as I have some presentable damage on the right side of the painting. Thanks again for all your comments, keep them coming, they are fine tuning this piece!

And MichaelZHsee, and nwiz25,,, thank you very much guys, your comments gave me an incredible boost of confidence, just like the boost in the picture Again, thank you, it means a lot...

Old 07 July 2007   #20
Btw

eclipse:

I'm using photoshop, for the shading I used the calligraphy brush, playing with its presets a bit, for the lines I'm using a pencil looking brush I've created, other than those I used the regular round brush with just a little bit of feather. I'm also making some feathered masks and playing with the brightness on parts of the body to achive better lighting...

Old 07 July 2007   #21
Nice

One of the best concepts I've seen posted... good luck!!!

Old 07 July 2007   #22
Amazing that it is Photoshop, i could swear it was painter!

I'm glad to see you're making progress, i'ts gonna be great.... you deserve all this buzz buddy.

Old 07 July 2007   #23
haha that's pretty damn hallerious. good job here. ill keep an eye out on this one. i love it.

Old 07 July 2007   #24
Your style exudes energy and character. Wonderful stuff. Great concept, and it works on many levels. The environmental degridation would work wonderfully, as a contrast to all the bright colors. It would nicely work to draw the viewers eye across the canvas.

Old 07 July 2007   #25
wow!

Ste7enL, SteevieWoo, morene and Slav, I don't know what to say. Thanks guys, I'm humbled by your great comments, so I've been working hard for the past few days. Now I feel like I really can't mess up, with all you guys' help and support, i hope I can make it.

Quote:
Your style exudes energy and character. Wonderful stuff. Great concept, and it works on many levels. The environmental degridation would work wonderfully, as a contrast to all the bright colors. It would nicely work to draw the viewers eye across the canvas.

Ste7enL, thanks a lot man! I'll be waiting for your c&c on that, I really appreciate your kind words, all of you..

now time to upload..

Last edited by Jeffparadox : 07 July 2007 at 08:37 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #26
Line Art or Model: Strange Behaviour - color pass 3

Here is the 3rd color version. This is the hardest phase in the illustration for me, right after I have the basic color and lighting. I'm very indecisive at these times, and my workflow slows down drastically, anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I could use all the help I can get. All c&c are most appreciated as always. Thanks

Old 07 July 2007   #27
Thumbs up

Oh, I know what you are through!

I'm far from that stage of my work just yet, but i know it will come and hit me hard....
MMMM..... i would go any of two ways: Deal with the farest part of it (being the sky), look for juicy photo reference, relax and get into it with a very smooth, low opacitity brush. Skies are like that, and is hard to go wrong being at this advanced stage. just think fluffy!

The other could be to go with the nearest thing (the fading bird in the front), you got it already, so, how much more you work on it depends on you, but in times like this, somethimes i like to sink into detail and texture, and ignore the rest for a while.

BY the way (it will probably not help much, cause' it's too close) i'd like to show you the most amazing forest fire picture i've ever seen, (just in case you haven't seen it). and read the text below it that gives credit to the guy who snaped it!!
http://www.missico.com/personal/tid...forest_fire.htm

Old 07 July 2007   #28
SteevieWoo, thank you for your suggestions and support, I'll certainly make use of them. I've downloaded the picture, you're right man, this is an amazing fire picture! And it gave me some ideas too actually. Even though my fire is much more far away in the scene, I'm sure I'll be using some of the information I see in this picture, thanks again.

Old 07 July 2007   #29
sooo twisted and funny! (ahhh where would the world be without farts? )

Your drawing is great - the facial expressions are totally convincing!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 07 July 2007   #30
Gord, thanks a lot for your positive feedback! It means a lot. Now, time to paint until 7 in the morning..

Thread Closed share thread