Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Simon Dominic Brewer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Line Art or Model: Cut & Shut

Cut the middle out, as Goro suggested. That's all for now, back soon :)

07 July 2007
Beautiful colors- you are blessed with a great colour sense! One thing I was considering though- do you really need the fish on the left? The triangular composition might be stronger if you didn't have them there, then you could focus on the farmer and the fish, with the farm leading your eye around. Just an idea. I think what you have right now is beautiful.

07 July 2007
amazing mood! but i can't figure out if it's a rifle or a fishing pole. my suggestion is to make it more clear so that stupid ppl like me won't have problems reading that

07 July 2007
This definitely ranks in my top favorite concepts right now. You always use such great colors, Simon. I dig it. I think the edit you applied, as per the suggestion of Goro, helped a lot. It feels much more unified now. The composition with the fish does still feel a bit difficult for me, which doesn't make sense since it's such a simple design really.... but oh well. I don't know what I'd toy with in order to make that flow differently. Not that it matters a whole lot - I know you're not pushing overly hard on it in respects of it being a quick fun one

As far as quick fun pieces go? I think it's snazzy.

07 July 2007
hehe i like it. the colors are really pleasing. but why are the fish flying in the air ? :P

Sketchbook

07 July 2007
wow ~ very nice ! cool idea!

07 July 2007
Welcome back Simon. Good luck!

07 July 2007
Beautiful as it is, striking color, evocative atmosphere and a very well balanced composition, this work has a great potantial I think. Good luck and best wishes

07 July 2007
very nice painterly mood... just love it...

My online portfolio

07 July 2007
This looks like being great fun -good luck - very clever concept.

07 July 2007
Great work so far

Good to see you back again and look forward to seeing the final outcome

Good Luck in the challenge

Dave

07 July 2007
paperclip - Cheers, although I admit to getting the purple / orange / green colour scheme idea from a photo I found so this time it didn't all come from my head I know what you mean about the smaller fish, I've already subdued their colours but probably what I'll do later is make them small and bring them closer to the farmer. Thanks for the advice.

fellah - Cheers. At the moment it's just a black line, it will become a fishing rod, honest. I'll be adding it last of all (I'm not looking forward to painting the fishing line - curves are not my forte).

Yrindale - Thanks v much. I'll make a few changes later and hopefully, when everything's done, the focus of the piece should be more clear. Note I say "hopefully"

Vahn - Now that's a good question. I've always had a thing for flying fish, ever since I saw some film when I was a kid (was it Reanimator? I can't recall)

Steampunk - Cheers, glad you like it

beelow - I knew you'd be here somewhere! Good to see you, good luck!

draldede - Thanks a lot, good luck to you too

icedeyes - Cheers

TomGodfrey - Glad you think so, it makes a change from some of my recent stuff that has been a bit dark!

MrFreeman - Cheers, good to see you around, best of luck

07 July 2007
nice entry, cool idea and nice colorz. good look!

07 July 2007
wow amazing colours!!!

07 July 2007
Great concepts so far. The fisherman has got to be the most solid one... nice job.

Thread Closed share thread