Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Simon Dominic Brewer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2007   #16
Line Art or Model: Step 3

Just had time to do another 1/2 hr. Hopefully you can see a bit better what's going on

Old 06 June 2007   #17
Hello!

I really like your sketches so far. Your concept is similar to Erilaz's but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... Especially as he's going down the 3D route.

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up!

Old 07 July 2007   #18
Originally Posted by BaronImpossible: Squibbit - Hello there Mr Squibbit! Long time no hear from, good luck in the challenge

i'm not in it but thanks anyhow :P

Old 07 July 2007   #19
good to have u in sirim liking the colors and very nice concept too.its gonna be fun watching ur progressgood luck.

Old 07 July 2007   #20
had to crack up when I saw the cow concept do like the colours on the last though

Old 07 July 2007   #21
luks ....

hi

luks nice......cool style....keep em going on....
strange behavior phase 2 scene 1

webpage url:

http://techdivine.wordpress.com

Old 07 July 2007   #22
Good luck on this wierd behavior! Have a great challenge!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 07 July 2007   #23
AJ - Damn, you're right! Serves me right for not checking the other threads before I started. Still, too late now, we'll just have to see which one of us catches more fish!

Squibbit - Pity!

MichaelZHsee - Good to see you too, and good luck! I still have you chinese lanterns pic in my personal collection - awesome!

flyingP - Thanks v much

techdivine - Cheers

MVDB - Sure, you too

Last edited by BaronImpossible : 07 July 2007 at 10:08 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #24
Line Art or Model: Step 4: Adding details

Started adding details on the grass and trees. Also gave the fisherman a basket (what, was he going to carry them home?) and moved him into the pic a little to improve the composition. Next I'll finish detailing the trees and background, then the sky, fish and finally the fisherman himself, in that order :)

Old 07 July 2007   #25
Mmm... and how come my images are 70 - 80Kb on my HD, but when I load them they're now 1317.5Kb!? I thought the images in the threads were loading slow!

Old 07 July 2007   #26
Yeah I realized it too...they seem to be converted to bmp.... but why.

Anyways your pic is coming up really nice! You're moving fast
Something bothers me about the composition...I can't tell what it is...maybe it's
the gap between the fishes and the fisherman.
When I look at the painting my eye can't decide where to look first. Fisherman or the fishes in the right corner.

Maybe it would be interesting to put the fisherman in the foreground. Much bigger so we can see his back in the left corner. (if it isn't too late to do so...)

Or you make the picture format more vertical (thiner in the width) to decrease the distance
bewtween fisherman and fish.

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

Old 07 July 2007   #27
Goro - now there's an idea! Hmm... I'm going to leave the fisherman purely because this is just a fun piece and I'm doing it quick, otherwise I would try what you suggest. But narrowing the picture... there's an idea. I'll mock that up and see what happens. Nice suggestions

Old 07 July 2007   #28
Line Art or Model: Cut & paste mock-up

I just cut & pasted the right side nearer to the left for a mock-up. To me, that looks a lot better, I think I'll do it in the actual pic. Thanks for that suggestion, Goro!

Hopefully once I get the fishing line in to link the fisherman and the fish then the focus issue should be resolved. I hope so, cos the line's going in last and I won't be altering it after that :)

Old 07 July 2007   #29
yeah looks much more balanced!

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

Old 07 July 2007   #30
Wonderful! Lookin great Simon

Steampunk Myths n Legends

Thread Closed share thread