Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: neville dsouza

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #46
Hiya Neville,

I was browsing through this thread and noted your updates are all photoshop, I'm pretty surprised cause it has a convincing 3D feel to it already!

Obi

Old 07 July 2007   #47
Line Art or Model: more shading and elements

more updates people ...

shading .. the rest of the elements .. just a few itsy bitsies left ..

Old 07 July 2007   #48
She's coming out wonderfully, Nevs!

...and definitely deserves to be a catwalk pro.

Can't wait to see the scene, with all the shocked stares and incredulous expressions...LOL!

Old 07 July 2007   #49
Line Art or Model: upclose and personal :P

closeup :P

right now, this is just before i incorporate some of the changes suggested by my pals here :P .. only thing can be a problem will be moving her arm over her face .. ( actually love the idea .. very feminine and powerful ) but .. somehow for that kind of pose ... the lighting will be a problem .. again to mention it, i couldn't have done it without Tricia helfer's reference pose .. it helped me a lot ... what will be a lot challenging is that .. i have to see how to 'blend' her into the scene later on and create a sense of depth the same time .. ;) :O ...

more soon ....

take care everyone! :P

Old 07 July 2007   #50
Talking

NinjaA55N ~ heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bro!! very very happy to c u once again! thanx a lot for your comments mate! .. yup .. i'll try and modify the neck area and add some details too ... thanx again buddy! god bless ya!

ObiGert ~ thanx a lot my friend! feels great to kno that i'm trying my level best not to include 3d in this piece .. its going to be very tough ... but i'm up for it ..
plus .. my pc is slowing down a lot using an AMD 2800 with 2.50 GB of RAM really tests my patience :( ... the layers are just increasing ... sometimes i have to collapse some of them hoping that i dont need to use them again ... its very risky :( even disk space is a let down ... im surving with 80GB .. forcing photoshop to use some of it as scratch disk :( ...

hope things turn out ok ... keeping my fingers crossed thanx again for all what you said! .. really helps me lot!

Thaldir ~ hey bro! very happy to c u again! hehe ... hope she stays still ... the rest of the audience is goin to be one helluva ride! .. tho im thinking of depth of field so to keep her more in view and grab attention .. in fact i already thought of the final title . shes gonna be very happy! thanx again bro! wishing u the very best as well!

Old 07 July 2007   #51
Hello Bro :) thanks alot for the links :)
Well i miss a bit updates :D great close ups :) to perfect to be understandble for me :) Wonderful blured reflection and texture :D Good luck bro, God Bless you :D

Old 07 July 2007   #52
HI Neville, looks like you are having fun! the material you chose by the way its nice..Couldn’t help imagining, an opposite brand logo for the fashion icons, on her to make more clear the statement...and maybe some cool reactions for the fashion people jealous of envy for her striking pose! ha-ha...well so far that's all I see…
Looking forward to more wonderful work

Old 07 July 2007   #53
I like it, reminds me of that Bjork's video, "All Is Full of Love".

Good luck!

Old 07 July 2007   #54
Great update neville... and yep... Tricia Helfer DOES pose nicelly ...

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #55
It's looking fantastic mate. I know I'm supposed to offer some sort of constructive crits when possible but I can't fault it. It just looks amazing. I suppose the only thing I wonder about is what kind of material would allow the upper chest plate to bend so much so that the left shoulder hole is facing forwards while the right shoulder hole is facing right. But it would be some funky futuristic rubber-metal or something right? So this is still not a crit, more a question.

I really like the close up detail showing off your lovely work. You're going brilliantly

Old 07 July 2007   #56
Talking

Greatto ~ hey bro! ur most welcome! .. me there to help always! thanx a lot for all what u said bro!
once i start with the coloring .. there are a few techniques i'll share with u all .. take care bro! god bless u too!

AxelAlonso ~ hello my friend! great to c u once again! hehehe .. yup yup the look on audience faces will be priceless .. ( hope i pull it off tho ) there is still so much to think about .. coz i want to give her a lot of attention .. its all about her and the strange feeling that she has that makes her different from the rest ...
hmm .. thats a good thought .. a brand logo ... .
thanx again for visiting! good luck as always! take care!

TM-Oliveira ~ hey mate! thanx a lot for ur comment! i need to check out Bjork's video. now that u mentioned it .. really curious to c whats it about
cheers mate!

icedeyes ~ thanx a lot dude! .. yup yup .. i'm with u all the way! Tricia's a hottie! hehe
plus the pose was smthin i just couldn't ignore.

mdavid ~ hey bro! .. u kno wat .. thats a damn good question! ... actually to be very honest ... i didn't give it any thought at all .. as what it was that she was wearing .. but nothing absolutely futuristic ... she's not perfect at all .. she is flawed just like us .. maybe thats what makes her 'just another' robot of some sort who is being ignored in every way ... its the fashion industry that drowns everyone .. fierce competition, appearance, all that is thrown into it ... so not much thought was given as to whether she was built to perfection.. but again .. her build does seem to be quite intriguing to the audience .. coz they have not seen any like it ..

that was the 'non - technical' explanation

the other technical side to it ... more or less ... i could relate her structure to the biped character in 3dsmax .. it kinda works that way .. the upper section .. mid .. n then lower .. right now the upper part does have a division that cannot be seen .. i still need to at least add those crease lines or smthin to show that the plate was not built as a whole object..
its pretty much a mid level material .. but nothing extreme ..

thanx again bro for dropping by! more updates soon!

Old 07 July 2007   #57
She is beautiful.

Very precise work mate, and i very like simple shading materials.

Are you intending to save shading as it is, or you going to colorize it somehow?

Old 07 July 2007   #58
Originally Posted by nwiz25: mdavid ~... but nothing absolutely futuristic ... she's not perfect at all .. she is flawed just like us .. maybe thats what makes her 'just another' robot of some sort who is being ignored in every way ... its the fashion industry that drowns everyone .. fierce competition, appearance, all that is thrown into it ... so not much thought was given as to whether she was built to perfection.. but again .. her build does seem to be quite intriguing to the audience .. coz they have not seen any like it ..

that was the 'non - technical' explanation

the other technical side to it ... more or less ... i could relate her structure to the biped character in 3dsmax .. it kinda works that way .. the upper section .. mid .. n then lower .. right now the upper part does have a division that cannot be seen .. i still need to at least add those crease lines or smthin to show that the plate was not built as a whole object..
its pretty much a mid level material .. but nothing extreme ..
I agree with what you say about the fashion industry. Yuk. What an awful business that is. Regarding the 'technical' side of that chest plate, I can now think of some materials which would perform exactly how you have drawn it. For example a stretched neoprene coating (neoprene is the stuff they use to make wetsuits) could curve around and move and never show any wrinkles and would also have a surface just like how you've done it. But to be honest, I actually prefer your 'non-technical' explanation a whole lot more

Last edited by mdavid : 07 July 2007 at 12:40 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #59
Hey Neville, I love the shading on what you are soing i just cant wait to see how composition works... this is a bit of spam because no constructive in my post but anyway. ;aybe the abdomen looks a bit weird but maybe is just me.

Old 07 July 2007   #60
Hey, this way we meet again!

Seems that my EON Challenge-Entry inspired you
Sadly I didn't find the time to finish with it.

Good luck!!!

Thread Closed share thread