Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Don Dixon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #31
Your pic looks so awesome, and keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see what comes next. And have thought of adding a lasso?

Old 07 July 2007   #32
Your avater rock's!!!haha, loved that part of almighty Bruce:-)))
Anyway, cool idea and nice fish man!Indeed the last one seems to have more personality as the first one.
Maybe could be cool to bring in some more cowboy/indian feeling in the pic with some far away saloon with some fishies hanging outside or some wormy crowd.just thinking up loud there :-).Good luck man

Old 07 July 2007   #33
Line Art or Model: Best Friends

More progress with the models, working on the worm still.

Old 07 July 2007   #34
Thumbs up

That's a fish with a nice, fulfilling life, i can see it in his eyes! much more than you see in real fishes that always seem to be looking for their lost wallet. Anyway what I wanted to say is that you did an outstanding model of a fish! I like him a lot.
See you!

Old 07 July 2007   #35
I like the progress here - great stuff!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 07 July 2007   #36
great modelling skills dude. loving the progress

Old 07 July 2007   #37
Yo Don really nice progress man! Great modeling... I gotta get on trak, your gonna smoke me man.

Old 07 July 2007   #38
I don't know what you were so worried about Don! Your modeling skills seem to be just fine to me! The key is to get the personality of the character across in their expressions and I think you are doing that great so far.....

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

Old 07 July 2007   #39
Really like the simple idea and especially the way you're working through it. The 2D is great and the models look very much like they'll live up to your initial concept. Don't forget the worm's little tooth

Old 07 July 2007   #40
WOW! nice presentation, i like it!
www.pixelonstudios.com

Old 07 July 2007   #41
OKMER Thanks man! I like ur ideas on more cowboy indian themes, hopefully that will be something that I can explore!

MeekWarrior Thanks dude! I think the lasso is a cool idea i just dont know which of these fellows would hold it!

SteevieWoo I am glad you are diggin the eyes and the model, I tend to stay away from modeling and just stick to drawing so this has been actually kind of fun!

Gord-MacDonald Thank u sir!

Neubius More progress to come i hope!

jasondesigns You will end up smoking me in the end dude! Giant bannanas chasing monkeys is far stranger then my piece! LOL.

Sandpiper Thanks man! I am actually surprised on how well its been going, I started this new job where everyone has these kick ass abilitys so maybe its the pressure of keeping up? LOL or maybe some of its starting to click and rub off on me!

Avatarist thanks man, you know whats funny is that I was gonna call it quits at the initial 2d rendering which in fact was partially 3d, but I am glad I decided to push it further!

DanielSLimon Glad u dig the presentation!

Thanks everyone for the great ideas and feedback! Its a really strong motivator to get this thing moving!

D.

Old 07 July 2007   #42
Very cool!!!

Old 07 July 2007   #43
ops, double post, sorry!

Last edited by varma : 08 August 2007 at 05:27 AM.

Old 08 August 2007   #44
Line Art or Model: Best Friends

I added a saddle tonight and thought it might be cool to use fish hooks as horse stirrups, I am sure our Cowboy John Worm, will keep his distance from those, or atleast proceed with caution! :)

Old 08 August 2007   #45
I like the saddle.. I think fish hooks for stirrups makes sense to me. Looking better and better each day!

Thread Closed share thread